Halo 3 Map Pack December 11th

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

Gamespot has the dirt on the new Halo 3 map pack.  It will be 800MS points.  I'll probably get it if I can figure out how to connect my damn 360 to my new wireless network.

"The Heroic Map Pack will include three maps, and will carry a price of 800 Microsoft points ($10) when it debuts on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Standoff is an outdoor map designed for midsize games, while the Rat's Nest is an indoor map with an emphasis placed on vehicles and intended for large-scale team skirmishes. Finally, Foundry is an industrial warehouse level designed with the game's Forge mode in mind."
EazyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 EazyB
Member since 2003 • 7944 Posts
The maps sound (based on what I know) really awesome and have the potential to be some of my favorite Halo 3 maps. That said, I'm not completely happy with the maps Bungie shipped with Halo 3 and would expect much more DLC from Bungie (seeing as this is their last Halo game for a while) in the next 4+ months.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rragnaar
The maps sound (based on what I know) really awesome and have the potential to be some of my favorite Halo 3 maps. That said, I'm not completely happy with the maps Bungie shipped with Halo 3 and would expect much more DLC from Bungie (seeing as this is their last Halo game for a while) in the next 4+ months.EazyB

Yeah, the maps that came with the game aren't the best, there are only a handful that I actually use... I'm excited for the Foundry map, should be fun to really be able to make a unique map.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts
Right on, just in time for the Christmas holidays. They look and sound pretty cool. I'll definately be grabbing these.
_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

Right on, just in time for the Christmas holidays. They look and sound pretty cool. I'll definately be grabbing these.Archangel3371

I'm cheap, broke and don't play Halo 3 much for whatever reason, free in Spring sounds great to me:)

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
the shipped maps sucked too much and didnt keep my interest in the game long enough for this update to mean much to me.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

[QUOTE="Archangel3371"]Right on, just in time for the Christmas holidays. They look and sound pretty cool. I'll definately be grabbing these._Bear

I'm cheap, broke and don't play Halo 3 much for whatever reason, free in Spring sounds great to me:)

That's probably the best thing to do anyway. It's not like there won't be anyone playing the game at that time.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rragnaar
I kinda hope that they will rip me off with a Halo Classic pack someday.  I love all of the old Halo maps, especially Hang Em High, Blood Gulch, and Wizzard.
Solid_Snake_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Solid_Snake_7
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
I'll get them when they are free. COD 4 is keeping me away from Halo 3 :P.
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts
$10 for three maps. :(
I just paid $50 to renew XBL. I just paid $60 for Halo 3. I'm forced to read Microsoft advertising every time I look at my dashboard.
Absolutely no. Microsoft should really be ashamed of themselves, but I'm certain milking their fanbase is a profitable enterprise.
_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

I kinda hope that they will rip me off with a Halo Classic pack someday. I love all of the old Halo maps, especially Hang Em High, Blood Gulch, and Wizzard.rragnaar

Definitely. I would have been happy to see some more of the old maps. I really like the design of some of the Halo 2 maps, so I was hoping to see some more of them. Nine maps makes it difficult to play for long multiplayer stretches in my opinion.

Ten dollars seems a bit steep for 3 maps. Does anybody remember the prices for the previous Halo 2 map packs back then? I can't remember, but I thought they were cheaper. Regardless, I'm enjoying the multiplayer enough so I may end up picking this up when it's available.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
PS Only paid 39.99 for Halo 3 so 10 dollars seems like a bit much, but I will say every new game I bought recently I paid 39.99 for except Uncharted which was worth full price.
Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

I kinda hope that they will rip me off with a Halo Classic pack someday. I love all of the old Halo maps, especially Hang Em High, Blood Gulch, and Wizzard.rragnaar

I second that. Although I will feel ripped off, I would love to see some good Halo: CE maps. With that said, the new maps do look and sound interesting, but I just can't justify spending 800 Microsoft points for 3 maps. I'll wait till they're free because I don't play much Halo anyways.

And the maps that shipped with Halo 3 are terrible, in my opinion. They all play the same.

Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts

One of these days...I am really going to smack someone for never once seeing someone include Bording Actions in that list. That is seriously the ultimate CTF map or Shotty/sniper.

Anyways they definitely need to bring back some maps. Alot of the Halo 3 maps...Pretty much such. Big Team Battle is really all I like to play since those maps are all pretty good. The 360 *Rollseyes*

They need to bring back maps like midship, Lock-out(i dont care if Guardian is a semi remake), Headlong(Best Assualt Map), Waterworks,Terminal, Relic,Blood Glutch

...Really they should try to bring them all back into Halo 3. The one thing Halo 3 really lacks is quality maps.

Anyways with Price. I really dont see a problem with it. They are going be free in 4months. Which I think will be a great set up for content for the game. Every 4months or so. Make the old pack free and bring in a new one.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
Neat. I'll be buying these maps the day they come out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

Wouldn't it be great if, instead of just throwing out the usual multi-player map packs ad nauseum for Halo 3, Bungie actually released a nice big Single-player expansion pack?

I mean, the way Halo 3 was done, they could totally rip out a few more great campaign missions showing what was going on with Arbiter during those times in Halo 3 when the Master was running solo. I'd be all over this stuff in a second.

Considering this is supposed to be the "last" Halo, some extra campaign love would be most appreciated.

StrangeMeeting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrangeMeeting
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
Ten bucks seems a little expensive for only three maps. Shouldn't there be at least 4 new maps for ten bucks? This should of been five bucks. Too bad I'll probably end up buying them the day they come out anyway.
herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
Ten bucks seems a little expensive for only three maps. Shouldn't there be at least 4 new maps for ten bucks? This should of been five bucks. Too bad I'll probably end up buying them the day they come out anyway.StrangeMeeting
yeah, that is a little pricey for just 3 maps. I'm with you, though i voice my disgust over the pricing here, i know i'll be dropping points on these maps the first time i get kicked from a party for not having the new maps. did the same with Gears of War. I bought the maps right after i got booted from player matches for not havingthe right maps.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
Yes! Some new larger maps, exactly what Halo 3 needed. I can't believe there's only 2 actually large maps in the retail version, largest flaw in the game IMO.