Halfway through RE4 and its become too easy!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GulliversTravel (3062 posts) -

Ive just got to 3-2 and right now Im absolutely armed to the teeth with numerous normal and incendiary grandes, 3 first-aid sprays, plenty of green herbs (with two yellows waiting to be used) and a healthy amount of ammo for my Red-9, Shotgun, Semi-Auto Rifle and Broken Butterfly (with a lot of money too).

Im not here to brag, simply the game is throwing items at me now, in fact I played the same in the village sections of the game but felt like I was always tense and had to ration but now its become too easy and worst of all no longer fun.

What can I do at this stage to up the challenge since there is no difficulty option (Im playing the HD version).

#2 Posted by Dudersaper (32949 posts) -
Waste all your ammo on walls and throw away your herbs.
#3 Posted by travisstaggs (10536 posts) -

Just waste everything. Ammo, herbs, genades, use it all!

#4 Posted by GulliversTravel (3062 posts) -
Guess Ill sell it, just hope I dont regret it later...
#5 Posted by JustPlainLucas (73571 posts) -
Play it with your feet.
#6 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3586 posts) -

Realistically, I suppose you should just finish the game and see if either Professional difficulty or the additional unlocked modes are more interesting to you. Honestly, once you reach a certain point in terms or storage and firepower, the game really doesn't throw much at you that feels like an impossibility. Unless you're doing this for the first time or something from a series or genre standpoint, chances are that you're going to reach this point in the game. I had a bit more trouble with the first playthrough myself, but even when I was loaded with more than I would need at any one point, I had fun. :P

#7 Posted by GulliversTravel (3062 posts) -

Realistically, I suppose you should just finish the game and see if either Professional difficulty or the additional unlocked modes are more interesting to you. Honestly, once you reach a certain point in terms or storage and firepower, the game really doesn't throw much at you that feels like an impossibility. Unless you're doing this for the first time or something from a series or genre standpoint, chances are that you're going to reach this point in the game. I had a bit more trouble with the first playthrough myself, but even when I was loaded with more than I would need at any one point, I had fun. :P

Madmangamer364
I just did the bit where you play as Ashley and Ive sold off some of my ammo again and yet its still far too easy. Its ruining the game that is meant to be a masterpiece! Honestly how is professional mode, I dont intend on starting it as NG+.
#8 Posted by XereoWarrior (158 posts) -
You unlock Pro difficultly after you beat it on normal.
#9 Posted by Gen007 (10955 posts) -

Thats sorta the deal with the new RE's you have army guns and enough supplies to mow down a small country. Professional mode is a lot harder though but you dont unlock until to you beat the game.

#10 Posted by Naylord (669 posts) -

I think a big problem is you've chosen some of the good upgrades and weapons. If you stick to the terrible pistols and upgrade nothing but your crap shotgun from the begining you'll be a lot weaker.

#11 Posted by BranKetra (48105 posts) -
I suggest only using the Red-9. Once you upgrade the Red-9 enough, it is a fast and powerful weapon, but it should not be at fifty percent through the game. Even with a limit to one gun, once you learn to use kicks and suplexes, the game is not challenging unless you are aiming for a certain score on Mercenaries.
#12 Posted by GulliversTravel (3062 posts) -
Makes sense I guess, how is Pro mode though without NG+, will that provide a better challenge (without being frustrating). It really doesnt make sense the game is so easy now since I was always low on health and ammo in the first third of the game...
#13 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
Off topic but I felt exactly like that after I discovered the Crissaegrim sword in Castlevania SOTN. I couldn't stop using it because I struggled up until that point and was astounded at how easy the game was after I started using it lol. I still thought the game was great but weapons like that shouldn't be allowed in that game.