Half Life 2 -I don't get it...

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Pieman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr_Pieman
Member since 2009 • 1466 Posts

I got the Orange Box 3 years ago, but I've never beaten Half Life 2. I started it, but couldn't get into it, I got to the point where you're driving through the sewers getting chased by a chopper.

This weekend I thought, what the hell I'll give it another go. I read the background to Half Life 1 just because I know I'll never get a chance to play it, so I might as well know whats going on for Half Life 2.

All I've heard about this game is "Once you reach the Gravity Gun, it's THE best game you'll ever play"

Ok, so I thought that must have been why I missed out the first time! I never reached the Gravity Gun.

I reached the Gravity Gun, its cool and all, but I'm beginning to lose the drive and motivation to keep playing. I just don't understand whats so amazing about this game. I'm currently fighting off mutant zombies in this village. (I have to say the Gravity Gun + Razor Blade = Badass)

If I keep playing will I start feeling more immersed into the story? Does it get better or have I reached the point of awesome, but completely missed the point? or is this game only awesome because of the Gravity Gun?

(Ps I noticed G-Man is stalking me)

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
its a really really overrated game. i mean its good but people put it on a pedestal because its valve
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's just one of those franchises where you really have to appreciate the game in its time, its characters, story, technology, etc. Same can be said for Halo, Dead Space, or Oblivion. Some people love it, some people don't. I, for one, just adore the Half-Life series. It's the Half-Life Universe as a whole that I appreciate, so it makes every moment more enjoyable. Just my humble opinion. If you don't like it or just can't get into, you're not doing anything wrong.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

I was in the same boat as you, but once you reach Nova Prospek the game gets much better. The game is almost 7 years old btw, but its a cIassic. Funny thing I've been playing it since last week, game still plays/looks great. :)

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I was in the same boat as you, but once you reach Nova Prospek the game gets much better. The game is almost 7 years old btw, but its a cIassic. Funny thing I've been playing it since last week, game still plays/looks great. :)

D3s7rUc71oN
And it still looks ridiculously good, graphically!
Avatar image for der_spudmeister
der_spudmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 der_spudmeister
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts
I'll agree that some parts stretch too long but, like others have mentioned, the game is 7 years old now. If my brain serves me right, this was one of the first games with photorealistic textures and realistic physics. But it holds up well to this day, gameplay and graphics-wise. I like every character in the game (which is rare), and it has some really outstanding scripted moments. The weapons also get a little crazier as you go along. Personally, I think Episode 2 is the best bit of Half-Life content out there. It's just a shame that it ends with a cliffhanger that remains unresolved going on 4 years after its launch. Curse you, Valve!
Nooberman2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nooberman2k
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts
der_spudmeister summed it up pretty well. Play it through, the ending sets up for the two episodes brilliantly. Play them through, and come back and tell us you don't want episode 3 ;)
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts
the game is like 7 years old, you're kind of late, it's probably feeling dated but keep in mind this game was pretty good 7 years ago, I got it again when it came out on current gen consoles like 4 years ago and it was still pretty good, by now standards have changed, they changed all the time if you haven't noticed
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts
the game is like 7 years old, you're kind of late, it's probably feeling dated but keep in mind this game was pretty good 7 years ago, I got it again when it came out on current gen consoles like 4 years ago and it was still pretty good, by now standards have changed, they changed all the time if you haven't noticedlamprey263
Some games are timeless though. You'd think with all the praise the game gets, that it would be one of them.
PalmPixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PalmPixi
Member since 2011 • 361 Posts

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]the game is like 7 years old, you're kind of late, it's probably feeling dated but keep in mind this game was pretty good 7 years ago, I got it again when it came out on current gen consoles like 4 years ago and it was still pretty good, by now standards have changed, they changed all the time if you haven't noticedBaconbits2004
Some games are timeless though. You'd think with all the praise the game gets, that it would be one of them.

I believe it is. I'm playing it right now, for the 7th time. I don't care for shooters, I really don't (bf2 and Counter strike are exceptions), but Half life 2 is the only shooter I can honestly say "It's a godsend". I can't believe it still looks good even after 7 years.

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I gave it a go a few years back. I'm in the same boat as you TC. Had some good elements, but certainly overrated in my opinion.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#12 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
I didnt really think too highly of its narrative and characters, even if it had a great way of dynamically presenting it too you. It's really just the general design and sheer variety as more of a 1st person adventure - it sets itself apart and arguably paved way for other games after its 2004 release. As a shooter though, its rather clumsy with AI and gravity gun spamming, that and it was pretty easy. I really liked Ep. 2 alot though, its definitely the more refined and definitive Half-life experience.
cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I gave it a go a few years back. I'm in the same boat as you TC. Had some good elements, but certainly overrated in my opinion.

Twin-Blade

Overrated, or just got the attention it deserved? People always say HL2 wasn't that great yet few people argue that any other game was better.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I never liked it much either. It is often praised far too heavily for what it is... just a mediocre shooter with great story-telling and NPC narrative.

Overrated, or just got the attention it deserved? People always say HL2 wasn't that great yet few people argue that any other game was better.

cyborg100000

Definitely overrated. Hell, I enjoyed Doom 3 more than HL2 (bought them at the same time in 2005). At least its gunplay was hefty and rewarding. All the guns felt like they had weight and weren't just shooting air.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Definitely overrated. Hell, I enjoyed Doom 3 more than HL2 (bought them at the same time in 2005). At least its gunplay was hefty and rewarding. All the guns felt like they had weight and weren't just shooting air.

foxhound_fox

The gunplay in Doom 3 was weak and the weapons just didn't feel right, at all. It would have ben one of the best games of all times if:

• It had a gunplay similar to FEAR.
  • Did not have such a poor artistic st yle, added by the horrible pitch darkness.
  • The enemies were better scripted.

I think mods fixed most issues though..

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
To be completely honest, I actually prefer Half-Life over Half-life 2. But it's a great game, not to everybodies taste though.
Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#17 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

I'm in the same boat as the OP. i started playing and felt mostly.... MEH. So I used the cheatcodes to give myself everything and did the levels using mostly rocket launchers which increased my interest watching things blow up.

I was stuck at the one part where you're in the citadel and have to go into that chair thingy to advance. For the longest time I didn't know I had to get into it.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

the game is like 7 years old, you're kind of late, it's probably feeling dated but keep in mind this game was pretty good 7 years ago, I got it again when it came out on current gen consoles like 4 years ago and it was still pretty good, by now standards have changed, they changed all the time if you haven't noticedlamprey263

standards havnt changed...still waiting on a few fps's to be better than half life and unreal tourney and quake live and battlefield 2...crysis is about the only one i can think of...

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I tried the game twice over the past four years, and I still couldn't get into it. The first time, I made it to Ravensholm before being too bored to continue, and the second time, I think I was only in the second chapter before giving up. Personally, I think it's the lack of story in the beginning that makes it hard. There's no motivation to go anywhere. You just follow the linear path until you get where they want you to go. Anyway, I bought Half-Life and its expansions from Steam over the holiday sale, so one of these days, I'll start at the beginning and see if it makes any difference.
RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts

I never liked it much either. It is often praised far too heavily for what it is... just a mediocre shooter with great story-telling and NPC narrative.

[QUOTE="cyborg100000"]

foxhound_fox

I enjoyed Doom 3 as well, but thought the guns were one of the weakest aspects. Especially the shotgun. Thankfully, RoE brought us the super shotgun and fixed that issue.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
its a really really overrated game. i mean its good but people put it on a pedestal because its valve mems_1224
Totally agree with you.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

To start with, you're about eight years late. The big things about HL2 were the graphics were of the best available at the time, and the environment and mood of the game and the resistance feel hadn't been done as well before it.

Other than that, it's still a fun shooter and since you don't mention any specifics more than saying it's just not awesome, I don't think we can help you.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

It's one of the best and most important games ever made. Fantastic level design, pacing, art-styIe, writing, setpieces, sound design. It offers an uparalleled level of variety. It revolutionized physics. The way Valve weaves storytelling into the gameplay is still unmatched. Half-Life 2 achieved something that no other FPS managed to do - it made the reason to fight just as important as the fight itself.

Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts

It's one of the best and most important games ever made. Fantastic level design, pacing, art-styIe, writing, setpieces, sound design. It offers an uparalleled level of variety. It revolutionized physics. The way Valve weaves storytelling into the gameplay is still unmatched. Half-Life 2 achieved something that no other FPS managed to do - it made the reason to fight just as important as the fight itself.

UpInFlames
This 100%. Yes, HL2's gunplay is sub-par and clumsy by today's ultra-polished standards, but the way it transformed the typical shooter blueprint into a true adventure-experience has had a huge influence on games since.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

This 100%. Yes, HL2's gunplay is sub-par and clumsy by today's ultra-polished standards, but the way it transformed the typical shooter blueprint into a true adventure-experience has had a huge influence on games since.Harkat95

Half Life 1 did exactly what you are describing. Before HL1, all shooters (with the exception of a few incredibly niche ones that no one ever heard about) were Doom and Quake clones. Half Life 1 was the 2nd most important landmark in First Person Shooters (funny enough built on the Quake engine), because it evolved the FPS genre beyond Doom's influence, and modernized FPSs in such a way that most copied its st yle to this very day.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 muthsera666

UpInFlames
I'm pretty sure that we've had this discussion before, but when does the storytelling kick in?
gopulpfiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 gopulpfiction
Member since 2004 • 401 Posts

I think the argument that HL2 is "so-and-so" years old doesn't up. I think to date, HL2 and it's episodes are clearly still a cut above the most of the FPS's that are released today.

As a shooter, it provides a balanced set of weapons that matches the situation and pacing at hand. Surrounded by Combine at CQC? There's the shotgun. Enemies at medium range? You have the SMG. Things are a bit slow paced and you see some soldiers off at the distance? There's the crossbow. Want to take out a bunch of them in a great displace of fireworks? There's the alt-fire of the Assault Rifle. See a few gunships flying in the air giving you trouble? There's the rocket launcher, which in itself is a fun little cat-and-mouse game that deviates from your tradition click and shoot scenario in most FPS's.

There's also specific story-based weapons that highlight some of the most fun you'll have in the game. Since the TC hasn't reached it, I won't spoil it here. But those who have finished and love the game know the epicness that happens at the beaches of Nova Prospekt and at the Citadel at the end of the story.

What's perhaps the most amazing aspect of HL2 is despite its very lengthy campaign, which is nearly twice as long as the recent COD games, is its pacing. It's easy to throw climactic setpieces one after another in a short 4-hour campaign, it's another string them along an 8-10 hour game and actually have them feel coherent, relevant to the story, and not feel overwhelmed. Even the way the game spreads out the resources show how deliberate the game is designed. Not every battle offers a bunch of health packs and ammo. But they appear right when you know you're at the brink of running low on health or ammo. It's design decision like these that are often overlooked, but when you realize it, you begin to appreciate the game so much more.

The game isn't perfect (but really, no game is) and it does have some issues. But i think the positives overwhelmingly outweigh the negatives. I suggest the TC to play through the game, and try to keep in mind what sort of design decisions were made. And try to look at the game as a comprehensive package, rather than a series of gunfights right after another. And if you still feel the game is still "eh", at least you gave it a fair shake.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#28 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

muthsera666

I'm pretty sure that we've had this discussion before, but when does the storytelling kick in?

When you click Start New Game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I enjoyed Doom 3 as well, but thought the guns were one of the weakest aspects. Especially the shotgun. Thankfully, RoE brought us the super shotgun and fixed that issue.RandoIph
Doom 3 was a bit of a disappointment for me. But RoE and that mother f***ing cannon made up for all of it. The first time I used it, I nearly crapped myself (headphones turned up high). It is almost TOO loud. The "gravity gun" was really good too, made using it in combat worth it.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 muthsera666

[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

UpInFlames

:P I'm conflicted about the game. I do think that there is a good atmosphere in the game, and the setting works well. However, that I saw, the story mostly consisted of people telling Gordon to go down the linear path to talk to the people at the next place. Granted, I didn't make it through Ravenholm, so I don't know how far I was in the game, but nothing was actually happening. Scientist guy: "Gordon, I'm to teleport you so you can talk to this dude. Oh, crap, run!" Kill some dudes, some crabs, ride a boat, hike the sewers, shoot down a helicopter, find secret base. Dude at secret base: "Gordon, hi. Black Mesa... lol... haha.. good times... They're here! Run!" Find rundown tunnel to zombie-ville. Anyway, that's what I remember... [spoiler] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slRsexrhbG8 [/spoiler]
RanDoMcApZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RanDoMcApZ
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts

its not that great, pc people just think its the best cus its on pc

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

its not that great, pc people just think its the best cus its on pc

RanDoMcApZ

so is halo, cod, gears, battlefield, bulletstorm, crysis, etc...failing to see your point...especially since the orange box is on ps3 and 360...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts
Yeah I'm another one who never got all the praise for Half-Life 2 both when it came out and now. I certainly didn't hate it as I do think it's a pretty good game but there were other games at the time that I found to be more enjoyable and a lot of games nowadays that have surpassed it since then.
Mr_Pieman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Mr_Pieman
[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

[QUOTE="muthsera666"] I'm pretty sure that we've had this discussion before, but when does the storytelling kick in?muthsera666

:P I'm conflicted about the game. I do think that there is a good atmosphere in the game, and the setting works well. However, that I saw, the story mostly consisted of people telling Gordon to go down the linear path to talk to the people at the next place. Granted, I didn't make it through Ravenholm, so I don't know how far I was in the game, but nothing was actually happening. Scientist guy: "Gordon, I'm to teleport you so you can talk to this dude. Oh, crap, run!" Kill some dudes, some crabs, ride a boat, hike the sewers, shoot down a helicopter, find secret base. Dude at secret base: "Gordon, hi. Black Mesa... lol... haha.. good times... They're here! Run!" Find rundown tunnel to zombie-ville. Anyway, that's what I remember... [spoiler] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slRsexrhbG8 [/spoiler]

Haha this. Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them all. As for the game, I'll do my best to get through it. Apparently theres still motivation to get through it; my buddy says the last few hours are amazing - big mech fights in the city- sounds like a good time.
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
HL2 looked AMAZING when it came out, that's really all there is to it. HL1 on the other hand deserves all the credit it gets.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#36 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

The Half Life series, as a whole, is important because each game have pushed the FPS genre in new directions. The first Half Life was one of the first FPS titles in which you didn't play as some tough, highly trained space marine, but rather you were a scientist whipped into this survival situation. There was a story on focus, and even though it wasn't all in your face about it, if you looked enough you learned a lot (if that makes sense). It really immersed the gamer into this story and environment instead of it being 1 Marine vs 2000 evil demons/aliens. HL1 also did a great job with pacing. One minute you were fighting aliens that shot lightning at you, and the next you were fighting soldiers using tactics and flanking you, etc. Half Life 1 continued to be inspirational after that. Doom 3 has way more in common with Half Life 1 than it does with the original Dooms, that's how influential it was.

Half Life 2 was praised in the same manner because it was proper evolution to the franchise. It kept the same elements that made the first so great but expanded. It might not seem like anything new now, but the sheer level of interaction at the time was amazing. You could pick up pretty much anything, and what you couldn't pick up you later could with the Gravity Gun. It was awesome to play a shooter where you didn't have to rely on bullets, but kill someone by launching a toilet at the them. Or pick up a barrell and use it as movable cover. NPCs were also amazing and lifelike. Hell, Alyx is still impressive. It might not seem like too much now because a lot of games made interactivity and the like normal, but it was pretty amazing originally.

Plus, the episodes kept pushing the franchise forward. Alyx is with you every step of the way in Episode 1 and she never gets in the way or stands in enemy gunfire obnoxiously (A feat developers still can't seem to get right these days) and Episode 2 gave open environments to drive around and fight in.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Like every valve game ever made it's horribly overrated and horribly mediocre.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

I got the Orange Box 3 years ago, but I've never beaten Half Life 2. I started it, but couldn't get into it, I got to the point where you're driving through the sewers getting chased by a chopper.

This weekend I thought, what the hell I'll give it another go. I read the background to Half Life 1 just because I know I'll never get a chance to play it, so I might as well know whats going on for Half Life 2.

All I've heard about this game is "Once you reach the Gravity Gun, it's THE best game you'll ever play"

Ok, so I thought that must have been why I missed out the first time! I never reached the Gravity Gun.

I reached the Gravity Gun, its cool and all, but I'm beginning to lose the drive and motivation to keep playing. I just don't understand whats so amazing about this game. I'm currently fighting off mutant zombies in this village. (I have to say the Gravity Gun + Razor Blade = Badass)

If I keep playing will I start feeling more immersed into the story? Does it get better or have I reached the point of awesome, but completely missed the point? or is this game only awesome because of the Gravity Gun?

(Ps I noticed G-Man is stalking me)

Mr_Pieman
Trust me, i am a big fan of hl1 and hl2, just sucked. People say that when you get the gravity gun, the game is great. I dissagree, the exact opposite, till you get he gravity gun the game is great, then it sucks. It slowly fills the game with crappy puzzles and pretty much turns into an action adventure and a terrible fps. You like the gravity gun? yay You dont like the gravity gun? The game is gonna downgrage as you play it. It turns so horribly based on it later on that the fps pespective is thrown out of the window. Might as well forget about the game.
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

Half-Life 2 was incredibly awesome, when it came out, 7 years ago.
still good, but I can see how somebody going in fresh would have problems with it.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 muthsera666

Half-Life 2 was incredibly awesome, when it came out, 7 years ago.
still good, but I can see how somebody going in fresh would have problems with it.

BlackDevil99

I had problems with it only two years after its release...

PalmPixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PalmPixi
Member since 2011 • 361 Posts

[QUOTE="UpInFlames"]

[QUOTE="muthsera666"] I'm pretty sure that we've had this discussion before, but when does the storytelling kick in?muthsera666

I think your missing a point. Not every game has to tell a story in a traditional manner. Most games use the generic route of "cutscenes". Half life 2 didn't. Instead it brings you into a world, where your not constantly interrupted, instead it forces you to live inside of it.

Be as it may be. Everygame now is called overrated, this is something that will never stop. People who don't like a certain game, but others do label it as "overated". So just because you don't get what millions of other people do, it's an overated game? No you just didn't like it.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 muthsera666
I think your missing a point. Not every game has to tell a story in a traditional manner. Most games use the generic route of "cutscenes". Half life 2 didn't. Instead it brings you into a world, where your not constantly interrupted, instead it forces you to live inside of it.PalmPixi
I'm all for creating a world wherein the narrative doesn't need to be spoon-fed to the player. However, from what I experienced in the game, there wasn't any story other than Freeman needs to defeat the alien invaders cause they're bad. There wasn't anything really driving me on, just that I was supposed to do what the people told me.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Half Life 2 is a great game

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

The story is told entirely in-game. Everything in the game just feels more important than in other games. I might press a button in Halo to start some important event, but it just doesn't have the same connection and importance to the player as a similar event in HL2. Take the launching of the rocket at the end of Episode 2. When i launched the rocket I knew the implications of launching the rocket and it felt like an important thing. In other games a similar situation would have just been me pushign a button and moving on to the next objective. In HL2 they would take time to make sure you saw and understood what was happening.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
HL2 is an epic game... I've played it more than 5 times now & still want to play it again.
N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Good game but seriously overrated IMO.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Yeah, Half Life 2 is one of the most overrated games of all time. I don't understand how anyone can call it the greatest game of all time. I'd give it about a C. It's just not that much fun, it's no more fun than any other generic FPS.

My friends think of me as a heretic when I tell them that Half Life 2 isn't the best game ever.

sonofsmeagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sonofsmeagle
Member since 2010 • 4317 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

its BS how dam good it is graphically compared to most games out today
Ricardo41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ricardo41
Member since 2002 • 1046 Posts

I got to the point where you're driving through the sewers getting chased by a chopper.

Mr_Pieman

This happens to be one of my favorite parts of the game.

Mr_Pieman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mr_Pieman
[QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="D3s7rUc71oN"]

its BS how dam good it is graphically compared to most games out today

lol dude you CANNOT compare games that came out 10 years ago and games that came out 10 days ago. Reminds me of a review I read for Legend of Zelda: OoT, where the guy would not stop comparing it to GTA San Andreas and GTA IV. Its completely IRRELEVANT lol