Half as long, twice as bright - The PS Vita thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

All of the periphal prices (mandatory memory card prices range from 20-120) have been released, so now is the right time to offer up the Vita thread. I'll keep this regularly updated with news and screenshots, changing the thread title to reflect major announcements.

The price of entry ranges from 280-420 (assuming one wants 3G and the 32 GB memory stick). I'm going to go with the biggest, most expensive configuration just because I am an avid portable gamer who spends a lot of time on the road (my PSP library is huge).

The Vita features dual analog sticks, dual multitouch touchscreens (front and rear), a microphone, two cameras and 960 x 544 OLED screen and a quad core processor. The achille's heel of the Vita is the 3-5 hours of battery life. It works for me (I spend 3 hours on the road daily) but that could prove problematic on long trips. Hopefully some sort of charging cradle will ship alongside the Vita.

Gravity Rush

Gravity Rush Screenshot

LBP Vita

LittleBigPlanet Screenshot

Dragon's Crown (not clear if screenshot is Vita or PS3, though this was released as part of the PS Vita unveiling)

E3: Ignition announces Dragon's Crown for PS3, PS Vita photo

Uncharted 3 Golden Abyss

Uncharted: Golden Abyss Screenshot

Blazblue Continum Shift 2 Plus

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II Plus Screenshot

Escape Plan

Escape Plan Screenshot

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I was never very interested in the PSP but the Vita does have my attention. Just like with the 3DS I'll wait at least a few months to see how things go and what games come out before I consider buying one.

cprmauldin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 cprmauldin
Member since 2009 • 1567 Posts

I probably wont buy it upon release, as I still have a crapload of titles to catch up on for the PSP, but I see myself owning the vita in the future.

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

Not even one FPS for release. Sony drops the ball yet again.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#5 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

I am looking forward to it as my new portable system. Uncharted and Gravity Rush are no brainers for me.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

i am extremely disappointed at the expensive SD cards, and I dont like how they are mendatory. There is nothing wrong with making money, but shady business practices like these TURN OFF consumers instead of bringing them in. I bet more than half the people wil buy a Vita with Uncharted, take it home and realize that they cant even save their progress on the damn thing. I suspect lots of negative press and bad word of mouth which might make this thing DOA. Sad because Sony did everything else right. Such a sad end for such a promising platform.

$30 is not a lot of money and it's still less than the $300 i was willing to pay for this device, but it's about prinicple and not screwing over your consumers which after the YLOD debacle Sony has gotten pretty good at.

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

DerpyMcDerp
FPS generally doesn't play well on portables.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CarnageHeart

i am extremely disappointed at the expensive SD cards, and I dont like how they are mendatory. There is nothing wrong with making money, but shady business practices like these TURN OFF consumers instead of bringing them in. I bet more than half the people wil buy a Vita with Uncharted, take it home and realize that they cant even save their progress on the damn thing. I suspect lots of negative press and bad word of mouth which might make this thing DOA. Sad because Sony did everything else right. Such a sad end for such a promising platform.

$30 is not a lot of money and it's still less than the $300 i was willing to pay for this device, but it's about prinicple and not screwing over your consumers which after the YLOD debacle Sony has gotten pretty good at.

S0lidSnake
YLOD is screwing people over (as I've said before, companies should stand behind their hardware for five years). Telling people that mandatory memory cards cost extra (just as they did on the PS1 and the PS2) is just a business move. I doubt there will be much of a backlash. Gamers are used to buying a la carte (nods towards PS1, PS2 and Xbox). Counterintuitively, Its manufacturers that go in the opposite direction who tend to suffer (the more stuff includes, the more expensive the hardware and the less money one makes off of peripherals). Of course, people on the internet tend to complain about a la carte more than all inclusive packages, but people IRL tend to view the price of the main hardware unit as the base price. *Shrugs* But given that Sony didn't stand behind your PS3, its perfectly reasonable for you to skip the Vita.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Yeah it's annoying to have to buy the memory card, but PS2 seemed to do just fine with it so I don't think it's an automatic death sentence.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CarnageHeart

I'm going to post a new Vita preview every day, time permitting.

Army Corps of Hell is kind of gruesome take on Pikmin from one of the guys involved in Pikmin. Its confirmed for US launch. One controls an army with three basic types of soldiers (guys who use swords, spears and magic). The trailer looks really promising. Hands on previews (there are several floating around) indicate that the game makes full use of the Vita's controls.

Army Corps of Hell Screenshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP48LaDW1u0

Army Corps of Hell Screenshot

F1Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 F1Lengend
Member since 2005 • 7909 Posts
Gravity Daze and Escape plan look so good, those would be the two titles I would get if I was more of a portable gamer.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
Man that systems looks fantastic, but I haven't touched my 3ds in quite a while, so I'm worried it will be the same with the vita.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CarnageHeart

Unit 13 is a launch Vita shooter from the makers of SOCOM which boasts 6 characters (each with different abilities) and 36 missions. It also features lots of multiplayer modes (including two player co-op), leaderboards and a daily challenge (presumably something like finish X mission with just a sidearm).

http://www.gamespot.com/unit-13/videos/unit-13-gameplay-trailer-6346646

Unit 13 Image

Unit 13 Image

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CarnageHeart

Gravity Daze and Escape plan look so good, those would be the two titles I would get if I was more of a portable gamer. F1Lengend

IGN posted a video preview of Escape Plan which showcases some of the apparently many ways the characters can die.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/12/02/escape-plan-video-preview?objectid=115676

Its from some of the makers of Fat Princess, which eventually broke itself with DLC, but for a couple months was a very fun multiplayer strategy game.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AzelKosMos

Army Corps of hell looks a lot more interesting than I had realised. Might keep my eye on that. Gravity Rush is a given for me though.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I see handhelds as a novelty item unless I'm like 10 years old or something. As an adult, who works and goes to college, I wouldn't know how to find time or place to use a portable gaming device. Do I play my Vita while I'm waiting on my doctor's appointment in the waiting room? That would seem silly. Of course, this is for the younger generation/crowd/age group.. but I've never been able to justify the reason for buying a handheld. Besides, I don't go on enough road trips either to play it in the van - which can induce dizziness and/or motion sickness. Like I said, great for the kids, but not so much for me.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CarnageHeart

I see handhelds as a novelty item unless I'm like 10 years old or something. As an adult, who works and goes to college, I wouldn't know how to find time or place to use a portable gaming device. Do I play my Vita while I'm waiting on my doctor's appointment in the waiting room? That would seem silly. Of course, this is for the younger generation/crowd/age group.. but I've never been able to justify the reason for buying a handheld. Besides, I don't go on enough road trips either to play it in the van - which can induce dizziness and/or motion sickness. Like I said, great for the kids, but not so much for me.Elann2008

I've never been prone to motion sickness, but my youngest daughter is. Unlike you, playing games doesn't trigger her motion sickness (it takes actual motion, like a car turning in a tight circle).

Like you, I wasn't much of a portable gamer when I was in college, but as a guy who spends three hours on the road getting to and from work, I am a huge portable gamer nowadays.

*Shrugs* Given your lifestyle and disabilities, it makes sense that you aren't a portable gamer.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AzelKosMos

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I see handhelds as a novelty item unless I'm like 10 years old or something. As an adult, who works and goes to college, I wouldn't know how to find time or place to use a portable gaming device. Do I play my Vita while I'm waiting on my doctor's appointment in the waiting room? That would seem silly. Of course, this is for the younger generation/crowd/age group.. but I've never been able to justify the reason for buying a handheld. Besides, I don't go on enough road trips either to play it in the van - which can induce dizziness and/or motion sickness. Like I said, great for the kids, but not so much for me.CarnageHeart

I've never been prone to motion sickness, but my youngest daughter is.Unlike you, playinggames doesn't trigger her motion sickness (it takes actual motion, like a car turning in a tight circle).

Like you, I wasn't much of a portable gamer when I was in college, but as a guy who spends three hours on the road getting to and from work, I am a huge portable gamer nowadays.

*Shrugs* Given your lifestyle and disabilities, it makes sense that you aren't a portable gamer.

Strangely I buy them to...play at home. Sounds odd doesn't it but I am happy to curl up with one on my couch. It's all about the games.
evilgamer22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 evilgamer22
Member since 2009 • 2408 Posts

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I see handhelds as a novelty item unless I'm like 10 years old or something. As an adult, who works and goes to college, I wouldn't know how to find time or place to use a portable gaming device. Do I play my Vita while I'm waiting on my doctor's appointment in the waiting room? That would seem silly. Of course, this is for the younger generation/crowd/age group.. but I've never been able to justify the reason for buying a handheld. Besides, I don't go on enough road trips either to play it in the van - which can induce dizziness and/or motion sickness. Like I said, great for the kids, but not so much for me.AzelKosMos

I've never been prone to motion sickness, but my youngest daughter is.Unlike you, playinggames doesn't trigger her motion sickness (it takes actual motion, like a car turning in a tight circle).

Strangely I buy them to...play at home. Sounds odd doesn't it but I am happy to curl up with one on my couch. It's all about the games.

Your not the only one. When I'm out of the house its usually for work, errands, or friends/gf, so there isn't much time for gaming. But at the same time I still want to play those games that come out for portables which is the only reason I buy them. Also, I will be getting a Vita day one. :D

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CarnageHeart

Gravity Rush is perhaps the most promising original Vita game (though fans of Escape Plan might argue the point). In it you control an acrobatic girl (is there any other kind?) who fights evil and has the ability to set her own gravity points. The character's powers come into play during melee combat, but she isn't the only gravity manipulator out there. Multiple worlds and dozens of missions from the maker of the Siren games.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/09/16/gravity-daze-gets-us-pumped

Gravity Rush Image

Gravity Rush Image

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CarnageHeart

Modnation Racers: Road Trip is a Vita game which is completely compatible with all of the PS3's user created levels (and there are a couple million of those). This never became a real rival to LBP in my household just because it is about competitive, not co-op play, but my youngest is a big fan so there is a very strong chance that I will wind up picking this up at launch.

The videos I've seen indicate that the track creator really puts the dual multitouch screens of the Vita to good use, allowing players to quickly construct very complicated tracks.

http://www.gamespot.com/modnation-racers-road-trip/videos/e3-2011-modnation-racers-vita-impressions-6318070

ModNation Racers: Road Trip Image

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AzelKosMos

Modnation is compatible with the PS3 levels? That's pretty awesome though it's not my sort of game.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CarnageHeart

Modnation is compatible with the PS3 levels? That's pretty awesome though it's not my sort of game.

AzelKosMos

That is what they have promised us. Given that the Modnation community is still going strong, that should translate into a lifetime's worth of day 1 content.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CarnageHeart

Uncharted is probably the biggest franchise announced for the PSP. Golden Abyss isn't being handled by Naughty Dog, but it is being made by Sony Bend (who made the excellent Syphon Filter games) so optimism is still warranted. I believe that as happened with God of War, this might teach its console brothers a few tricks.

http://www.gamespot.com/uncharted-golden-abyss/videos/tgs-2011-uncharted-golden-abyss-demo-6334760

Uncharted: Golden Abyss Image

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CarnageHeart

Street Fighter X Tekken looks amazing and is the only fighting game not named VF I have my eye on. And yes, that is Infamous's Cole on the bottom screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86r6lv6C47Y

Street Fighter X Tekken Image

Street Fighter X Tekken Image

Street Fighter x Tekken Screenshot

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

What I've seen of Gravity Rush looks good, but I am skeptical of it. Mainly because all the gameplay I've seen has been the same thing. I'm kinda worried that what I've seen is literally all we're getting with regards to the gravity gameplay. Press button to float, aim here, press button to fly towards this location, what you just landed on is your new ground state. Are there actually any other gravity manipulating abilities in the game? Because I can see that getting old. The combat I've seen was very basic as well. I'm interested in it, but I'd be a lot more comfortable if I could be assured the gravity gameplay and combat will be a lot more varied in the full game.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CarnageHeart

Due to the presence of games like Gravity Daze and Escape Plan, Sound Shapes is only the third most anticipated of the orginal Vita games, but that doesn't mean it doesn't seem to be turning into something special. Its from John Mak, the creator of Everyday Shooter (one the the tougher yet more beautiful dual stick shooters) and is a game in which one looks set to combine music creation and game creation in a really cool way.

As with all of Sony's games which allow for user generated content, players can post content for everyone to play and rate and review content.

http://psp.ign.com/articles/121/1214185p1.html

These notes function only as song-building tools. Actual levels come to life through different shapes that stretch and rotate with touch controls. Some environmental hazards, including enemies and small lasers, also contribute to the song in some way. Sure, those lasers that fire periodically to block your path pose a danger to you mid-game, but they also provide a snare drum for your song.

Experimentation in Sound Shapes' creation mode quickly leads to playable levels, which shocked me when I tried it myself. After placing a few musical notes, jamming with a bass line, and setting a series of blocks down, I suddenly had a playable level that can be tested right from the creation mode. The rhythm of this back-and-forth system speeds up in minutes. If one block feels out of place, a quick touch switches you right back into the creation side and a second touch moves that block to the right spot.

Sound Shapes Screenshot

Sound Shapes Screenshot

Sound Shapes Screenshot

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CarnageHeart

What I've seen of Gravity Rush looks good, but I am skeptical of it. Mainly because all the gameplay I've seen has been the same thing. I'm kinda worried that what I've seen is literally all we're getting with regards to the gravity gameplay. Press button to float, aim here, press button to fly towards this location, what you just landed on is your new ground state. Are there actually any other gravity manipulating abilities in the game? Because I can see that getting old. The combat I've seen was very basic as well. I'm interested in it, but I'd be a lot more comfortable if I could be assured the gravity gameplay and combat will be a lot more varied in the full game.

burgeg

Here's a silent trailer which shows off a bunch of the protagonist's powers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZWjkh0c0QQ

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#29 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

CarnageHeart

Here's a silent trailer which shows off a bunch of the protagonist's powers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZWjkh0c0QQ

Looks good. I like the "force" ability. You know, the one where you lift up objects and throw them. I assume the touchscreen is used to control where you launch the objects. Perhaps that way I'll actually throw stuff where I want to unlike The Force Unleashed.

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts

Hmmmm..... Looks good but not sure if I want any ports that I can play on my PS3. Gravity Rush looks and sounds awesome and so does Dragon Crown but I'll probably get it for PS3. I hear that Akai Katana will be making it's way over to Vita so that makes it an instant purchase for me. So with that, I'm hoping that someone here can answer the following questions.

1. Is the Vita backwards compatible with PSP games?
  2. Is the Vita region free?

Thanks!

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#31 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Unit 13 is a launch Vita shooter from the makers of SOCOM which boasts 6 characters (each with different abilities) and 36 missions. It also features lots of multiplayer modes (including two player co-op), leaderboards and a daily challenge (presumably something like finish X mission with just a sidearm).

http://www.gamespot.com/unit-13/videos/unit-13-gameplay-trailer-6346646

Unit 13 Image

Unit 13 Image

CarnageHeart

Handheld graphics aren't too shabby.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CarnageHeart

Hmmmm..... Looks good but not sure if I want any ports that I can play on my PS3. Gravity Rush looks and sounds awesome and so does Dragon Crown but I'll probably get it for PS3. I hear that Akai Katana will be making it's way over to Vita so that makes it an instant purchase for me. So with that, I'm hoping that someone here can answer the following questions.

Thanks!

Spirit_of_87

1. You can play games you downloaded no problem, but for disc based games, one has to pay a fee for access to the download (otherwise ten people could use the same disc to get access to the same download on ten different Vitas) since it no longer has a UMD drive.

2. The Vita is region free (so you could buy Japanese games and play them on your US Vita with no problem), but only one account is allowed per memory card, so one would need multiple memory cards if one wants to take advantage of the download deals different regions offer to their users.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CarnageHeart

Ragnarok Odyssey is a four player action rpg in which you hunt monsters (sounds familiar). Not my cup of tea but its made by Game Arts (maker of Lunar and Grandia) so it should play as good as it looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opFs0zW_GBQ

Ragnarok Odyssey Screenshot

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CarnageHeart

Little King's Story 2 is a sequel to the hardcore Wii exclusive strategy game which sold three copies (the designers had somehow missed the fact that Nintendo's core fans don't buy third party games).

Its not clear that this will hit the US, but its already been announced for Europe (which like Japan is aprofitable PSP market) so there will be an English language version for interested Americans to import.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGhahopTBZ4

Ou to Maou to 7-nin no Himegimitachi: Shin Ousama Monogatari Image

Ou to Maou to 7-nin no Himegimitachi: Shin Ousama Monogatari Image

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AzelKosMos

Ragnarock Odyssey wasn't on my radar at all and thats exactly the sort of game I want for the system really. Will keep an eye on that for sure. Obviously I would prefer Monster Hunter but Game Arts have made some amazing games, hopefully this will be one of them lol.

Little Kings Story is one of a handful of titles on wii I was interested in so I will be looking to try the Vita sequel, I love the art design.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 branketra

Ragnarok Odyssey is a four player action rpg in which you hunt monsters (sounds familiar). Not my cup of tea but its made by Game Arts (maker of Lunar and Grandia) so it should play as good as it looks.

CarnageHeart

Game Arts? So the battle systems gonna be good.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CarnageHeart

Luminees, the PSP's best launch game (IMHO) will also be hitting the Vita at launch in the form of Luminees: Electronic Symphony. If one taps to the beat using the rear touch screen, one charges up one's special move (which this time around is contingent upon the character one picks) faster. There will be three dozen tracks and one assumes that many backgrounds (anyone that knows Luminees knows the backgrounds and the music are closely tied together).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/09/the-quantizing-sounds-of-lumines-electronic-symphony-for-ps-vita/

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Uncharted is probably the biggest franchise announced for the PSP. Golden Abyss isn't being handled by Naughty Dog, but it is being made by Sony Bend (who made the excellent Syphon Filter games) so optimism is still warranted. I believe that as happened with God of War, this might teach its console brothers a few tricks.

http://www.gamespot.com/uncharted-golden-abyss/videos/tgs-2011-uncharted-golden-abyss-demo-6334760

CarnageHeart

My big question is just who the hell the woman in the second pic is.

Drake's mom or sister perhaps?

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AzelKosMos

>My big question is just who the hell the woman in the second pic is.

Drake's mom or sister perhaps?

TheFallenDemon

Neither, her name is Marisa Chase I think. My guess just another cliched female companion :P

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CarnageHeart

Motorstorm RC is a download only title for the Vita and PS3 which looks like the spiritual successor to RC Pro Am and Super Offroad Racing. When you buy it, you buy it for both systems (I want everyone to follow this model). 16 tracks in 4 locations, multiple modes, 8 classes of vehicles (all highly customizable) and 4 player online play.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/22/introducing-motorstorm-rc-for-psn-and-ps-vita/

MotorStorm RC Screenshot

MotorStorm RC Screenshot

MotorStorm RC Screenshot

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Psp had need for speed,spiderman,tony hawk I liked at launch. Never tried uncharted yet and I'm looking forward to the new resistance. Unit 13 looks good.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CarnageHeart

Resistance Burning Skies is an FPS which isn't making launch but which is coming out in 2012. According to IGN the controls feel good, but aren't quite as tight as R3's just yet. You play as a firefighter whose goal is to save civilians. No word on whether or not one actually runs into civilians, but it would be a nice change of pace to have to worry about collateral damage in a shooter. The rear touchscreen comes into play to compensate for the lack of a second set of shoulder buttons.

http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1214639p1.html

Resistance: Burning Skies Screenshot

Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts

[QUOTE="Spirit_of_87"]

Thanks!

CarnageHeart

1. You can play games you downloaded no problem, but for disc based games, one has to pay a fee for access to the download (otherwise ten people could use the same disc to get access to the same download on ten different Vitas) since it no longer has a UMD drive.

2. The Vita is region free (so you could buy Japanese games and play them on your US Vita with no problem), but only one account is allowed per memory card, so one would need multiple memory cards if one wants to take advantage of the download deals different regions offer to their users.

Thanks! I guess backwards compatibility isn't that big a deal so, i'll hang on to my PSP. The Vita being region free makes this a definite purchase for me.

That R.C Pro AM game looks great as well.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

DerpyMcDerp

because handhelds were built with fps games in mind...most sold games on psp were rpgs and visual novels...sony knows where its bread and butter comes from...why do u think there are hardly any good jrpgs on ps3 yet there are tons on psp

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#45 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

The Vita has everything you need for FPS though. Dual analog sticks, big screen, great graphics, the possibility to use the rear multi-touch as L2/R2. What's missing?

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

The Vita has everything you need for FPS though. Dual analog sticks, big screen, great graphics, the possibility to use the rear multi-touch as L2/R2. What's missing?

logicalfrank

nothins missing...it is being done...the resistance game was already mentioned...but its still not gonna be a huge portion of the games developed...i have this feelin jrpgs and visual novels will still be kings...if only in asia alone

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CarnageHeart

For those interested in playing shooters on the Vita, a Killzone is in the pipeline. These February screenshots are the last thing Sony has publicly shown, so it probably will hit after Resistance (which we've seen more of, but isn't making launch). This is being handled by SCE Cambridge, who isn't one of Sony's top tier developers, but did make the PSP1 version of LBP (which didn't live us to its console big brother, but was closer than one would have guessed) as well as Primal and the Medievals.

Killzone Vita Screenshot

Killzone Vita Screenshot

Killzone Vita Screenshot

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 S0lidSnake

Carnage did you see the amazon.co.uk. pre-order price for a 16GB Vita card? It's only 17.99 pounds. It's probably a mistake but i ordered one anyway. :P

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 branketra

I know I said it before, but the screenshots of these games look good. I haven't played a 3DS, so this is a huge improvement over the PSP and DS.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 S0lidSnake

I know I said it before, but the screenshots of these games look good. I haven't played a 3DS, so this is a huge improvement over the PSP and DS.

BranKetra

The AMAZING OLED screen will make the games look even better.