eckozero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 eckozero
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts

If your like me you love competitive games... but when is the last time you played ANY competitive game where the leaderboard wasn't dominated by very obvious hackers? Good ones are hard to track so you start to wonder, was that a lucky shot or is something else going on? This doubt can ruin the flow and feel of games. A lot of people argue about how bad the situation is.

I'd love to see a video about hackers and cheaters in competitive games. What games are hacked the worst? What are the best? What is the industry doing about it?

For example CS:GO can very but the percent of bans of legit cheater being flagged is insane.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I think cheating/hacking is much more prevalent than most people realize, even in current gen console games. Almost every time I play a game online there are moments where I'll think "that doesn't seem to be right!" or I'll see a very low leveled player on top of the score screen with weapons he shouldn't have at a level two, for instance.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@eckozero: i just avoid playing online because of aimbots or other crap

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

I'm against hackers, so long as they are on the enemy team. Hahaha...

Nah...those guys ruin online gaming for fun. They are trolls.

HailtotheQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By HailtotheQueen
Member since 2014 • 290 Posts

@eckozero said:

If your like me you love competitive games... but when is the last time you played ANY competitive game where the leaderboard wasn't dominated by very obvious hackers? Good ones are hard to track so you start to wonder, was that a lucky shot or is something else going on? This doubt can ruin the flow and feel of games. A lot of people argue about how bad the situation is.

I'd love to see a video about hackers and cheaters in competitive games. What games are hacked the worst? What are the best? What is the industry doing about it?

For example CS:GO can very but the percent of bans of legit cheater being flagged is insane.

Yes, there will always be some hackers in the leaders but in my experience, most of the people on the leaderboards are legit. However, some of them DO take shortcuts to get there. Planetside 2 was my most recent FPS game where I was frequently at the top of some of the leaderboards and I can assure you the majority of people at the top are there because they are really good. Some do take shortcuts like I mentioned but the community knows who they are and they aren't taken seriously. We have very few hackers on there.

And the number of hackers that people think exist on a game and the number of actual hackers are usually quite different. LOL Just because you think someone is a hacker, it doesn't mean that they are....

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Most of the time people think someone is hacking is because of lag, there are not many hackers compared to how many people who are actually playing when that is said, there is one form of cheating that has been way out of hands since the very beginning and that is boosting your stats/rank with multiple profiles. I was ranked nr 1 Alisa in the world on Tekken 6 psn but then suddenly i noticed players with insane stats that moved up that ladder so quicly that it had to be some kind of cheating involved so i took a look at their profile and watched their latest matches and all they where doing was getting free wins with their cheater buddys secondary profiles.

Edit: I lost that nr 1 rank because of it and it really sucked after all that time i spent to rightfully earn that nr 1 rank, this is happening in every competative online games out there pretty much, most of the players on those top rankinglists are cheaters.

It's going to be better though in the times a head, xbox has done it for years but to actually have to pay for a subscription and to pay for one profile at a time will stagger the boosting you see on the ranking lists but it will never prevent it though. Only way to fully prevent cheating is if the developers are going 100% inn for it and to have some sort of a system that will monitor the top 500 players or something like that and remove them from the ranking list permanently if they are caught cheating, this will never happen though because to few people cares about ranking at all and the cost to have people to monitor the top players would be to high and not worth it for the company.