Guitar Hero Live thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

codeman5533

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 codeman5533
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts

I don't know how I feel about this. If they are doing different recordings for all the songs, won't the set list have to be a lot smaller? If not and they are using the same videos, that's going to get pretty repetitive vs being able to change my band mates and personal avatar. I really liked avatars and customization of my player and guitar. Not having that huge backlog support of songs and peripherals are going to be a huge choosing point between this and rockband.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Will an entirely new peripheral be required for the next gen systems (if you want to use it) and which systems will get this installment?

codeman5533

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 codeman5533

@Solaryellow: You have to buy a new guitar, and ps4 xbox one.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

The new guitar seems pretty cool, 6 buttons 3 top and 3 bottom instead of 5 straight down the neck.

Not sure how I feel about being able to look and walk around on stage, seems like something that I won't use unless it's forced and that's just a bad idea.

Not liking the song choice so far even though they've only mention a few songs/bands (fallout boy, the killers, Ed Sheeran, Of Monsters and Men, American Authors, Gary Clark Jr) I've only ever heard of the killers and fallout boy and not a fan of either of those.

The playing while watching the music video is kinda cool I guess.

From what I've heard, all of this will work across all consoles AND on mobiles and tablets if you have the guitar peripheral. Not sure what that means but sounds like you will only need one guitar for multiple different version of the game.

codeman5533

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 codeman5533

@JayQproductions said:

The new guitar seems pretty cool, 6 buttons 3 top and 3 bottom instead of 5 straight down the neck.

Not sure how I feel about being able to look and walk around on stage, seems like something that I won't use unless it's forced and that's just a bad idea.

Not liking the song choice so far even though they've only mention a few songs/bands (fallout boy, the killers, Ed Sheeran, Of Monsters and Men, American Authors, Gary Clark Jr) I've only ever heard of the killers and fallout boy and not a fan of either of those.

The playing while watching the music video is kinda cool I guess.

From what I've heard, all of this will work across all consoles AND on mobiles and tablets if you have the guitar peripheral. Not sure what that means but sounds like you will only need one guitar for multiple different version of the game.

I was a huge expert guitar hero guy. One of those guys that would restart Through the FIre and the Flames if he missed a note on the opening solo. Now none of the songs they have shown, or artists they talked about looks challenging at all. So far the only thing that looks challenging is learning the new guitar layout. Personally I am way way more excited for the new rockband with a potential library of 2500+ songs

fawfulmark2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fawfulmark2
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts

On one hand, it's pretty cool that Activision is giving this series another chance. hopefully their screwup in 2009 will teach them to do do better.

On the other hand, this might possibly have some of the worst musical lineup in the series to date(Carrie Underwood?? Really?)

ultimately the best thing to come out of this is that it opens the gateway to more series being revived *cough*Crash Bandicoot*cough*

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@codeman5533 said:

I don't know how I feel about this. If they are doing different recordings for all the songs, won't the set list have to be a lot smaller? If not and they are using the same videos, that's going to get pretty repetitive vs being able to change my band mates and personal avatar. I really liked avatars and customization of my player and guitar. Not having that huge backlog support of songs and peripherals are going to be a huge choosing point between this and rockband.

No, there is one song of one live recording.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

A GH revival could be cool, but it sucks that my hundred dollar GH guitar is still going to be gathering dust in the corner of my bedroom.

codeman5533

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By codeman5533

@El_Zo1212o said:

A GH revival could be cool, but it sucks that my hundred dollar GH guitar is still going to be gathering dust in the corner of my bedroom.

Same here, unfortunately I bought 2 bundles for GH for 360.

Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#10 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

I think it's pretty silly that people still care about this whole plastic guitar video game crap. I used to spend hours playing guitar hero and rock band years and years ago before I finally realized that I could have spent that time playing my real guitar instead.

Hell I spent more money on rock band over the years than I want to admit, but it makes me really glad that I finally sold all that stuff and never looked back.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

The FMVs look corny, but so does playing a fake plastic guitar... The revealed track list isn't anything to write home about which is the biggest issue.