GTA V on PC: Worth the wait?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

So before i start this i'd like to just point out that this isn't just a console ego trip and i'm in no way trying to antagonize any PC owners or start a console war or system skirmish (alliterations, he he). That said, for those who held out for GTA on PC after all this time (myself not included) do you think that it was worth the wait, specially if you owned a console capable of playing it? And, for those capable, does the incentive of bonus PC features and graphical upgrades provide enough incentive for you to repurchase? I myself am considering it, though I already have two iterations of the game, as many people I know are exclusive PC users, but what do you guys think?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I have a PS3 and could have bought GTA V way back. But, it was the first-person view that I wanted. So, yep. The wait was worth it. If there was no first-person view, I would have forgotten the game already.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#3 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

Had a PS3 back when it was first announced, absolutely refused to get the game for any platform other than PC, I'd miss out on mods, better graphics, better fps and overall it would be the true next gen GTA sequel I wanted, and judging from the feedback the game has received I'm glad I didn't cave in and got the crappy console version, will pick up the game eventually when the price drops though, not gonna pay 60 euros for a 2 year old game, even if its superior to the console version by a great margin.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

@Dark_sageX: I caved almost imediatly unfortunately, and the first person also made me rebuy on next gen, but the mods and graphical upgrades, IE antialialiasing and ambient occlusion, are really making me consider getting it on PC, though I'd probably need a bit of a hardware upgrade beforehand, which might bring my total cost, PC game included, up to at least 260 USD unfortunately for me, but I really do want to do it

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

I own it on PS3 because I'm impatient and didn't want to wait, but I'll be purchasing it for PC tomorrow. To be fair I'm getting it for "free" as I have $60 dollars racked up in My Best Buy points that I'll be using to buy some Steam Cards, but still I'd buy it even if I did have to pay cash.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

I have a ps3 and 360 but never got it on it. I don't have a next gen console.

I was thinking about getting it on PC, but after hearing how theres so many big patches you have to download for it, i'm gonna skip it. Maybe if they release a final patched version to buy i'd go for it, but im not wasting bandwidth patching up a game i probably wont like that much.

I remember how much i hated GTA 4 so I really couldn't care less if i get this game anytime soon.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

It's spectacular, except for a large number of glitches.

Heists were something I was really looking forward to, but they are a MASSIVE headache, rather than anything fun. I also get constant hangs/disconnects from online, especially at the end of missions. These technical issues (online only...single player works like a charm) are really sucking my enjoyment from it. But I'm still having a blast playing with my wife.

Myron117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Myron117
Member since 2013 • 1449 Posts

Tbh having to wait 2+ years with minimal changes isnt enough for me to buy. (I havent bought it on console yet). Theyve slapped the pc community in the face making them wait so long.. ill get it on sale. <£10

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

yup. i could have bought the PS3 version but i dont play GTA on anything but the PC.

i had plenty of other games to play in the meantime so the wait wasnt a big deal.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

You are implying that all PC gamers actually waited for the game...

Me, i just ignored it till it released,not sure if it was worth the wait if you was waiting for it but it certainly is the best version of the game at the moment.

I personally would never play GTA on consoles because i can't have my keyboard & mouse on foot and Game Pad in vehicles combo that i have always used since GTA 3 and in every open world city game since then.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Myron117 said:

Tbh having to wait 2+ years with minimal changes isnt enough for me to buy. (I havent bought it on console yet). Theyve slapped the pc community in the face making them wait so long.. ill get it on sale. <£10

Except it has not been 2+ years it was just less than 1 year and 7 months so...........

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1fecf308e18
deactivated-5b1fecf308e18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b1fecf308e18
Member since 2008 • 188 Posts

@naz99:

Personally I think no it wasn't worth the wait, hence I bought it on PS3 and PS4...

I am mainly keen on multiplayer, which is still more of a headache than fun. Still after nearly 2 years it hangs, crashes, long lobby times in heists to get a crew, then one drops during heist so back to long lobby, etc

I lost all my 10 suped up vehicles on the transfer to PS4.

All in all it's too broken and my dozen or so friends that used to play gave up on it.

Was very dissapointed as the GTA multiplayer if done right - ie it works!! had crew bases and some actual direction has the potential to be the best multiplayer game ever made.

One day

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I waited and enjoyed it. Pc has spoiler me over the last couple years so it wasn't mind blowing in graphics but still top notch and a huge shot forward from what the consoles pulled off. So ya I don't mind that I had to wait.