GTA V next gen graphics?

#1 Edited by Skjoett (83 posts) -

So as you all hopefully know, GTA V was (finally) revealed for pc and next gen. I have of course seen the trailer and the "ps3 vs ps4 comparison" etc. And while it visually looks too good, I question what fps it will run at? Because the current gen version is so damn laggy.. Not like a huge fps drop lag, but that irritating 20-29 fps that makes it kinda frustrating to play. What fps do you expect the game to have on next gen? The much better 60 fps, or maybe (once again) a downgrade in the fps as we already have seen with some (Yeah, I'm talking bout' you Watch Dogs) next gen games?

#2 Posted by Jacanuk (5448 posts) -

@Skjoett said:

So as you all hopefully know, GTA V was (finally) revealed for pc and next gen. I have of course seen the trailer and the "ps3 vs ps4 comparison" etc. And while it visually looks too good, I question what fps it will run at? Because the current gen version is so damn laggy.. Not like a huge fps drop lag, but that irritating 20-29 fps that makes it kinda frustrating to play. What fps do you expect the game to have on next gen? The much better 60 fps, or maybe (once again) a downgrade in the fps as we already have seen with some (Yeah, I'm talking bout' you Watch Dogs) next gen games?

Interesting question but i have absolutely zero idea , haven't played it on x360 or ps3 so have something that might give an indication but even then there is no way of knowing there are huge differences from old-gen to next-gen and particular from old-gen to PC hardware, which are light years ahead.

But considering Watch Dogs for me ran in a smooth 60 fps on ultra max settings on pc on a 780 TI i would expect at least a smooth 30fps and my system should be more than capable of that so if it doesn't on max pc settings i am going to hunt down Rockstar and make them watch justin Bieber for 100days 24/7 :)

#3 Posted by Skjoett (83 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

But considering Watch Dogs for me ran in a smooth 60 fps on ultra max settings on pc on a 780 TI i would expect at least a smooth 30fps and my system should be more than capable of that so if it doesn't on max pc settings i am going to hunt down Rockstar and make them watch justin Bieber for 100days 24/7 :)

That would be a horrific penalty haha! And thanks for the answer, but since I am quite the console peasant, I was only really interested in the next gen fps ;-) But how good are your specs? Because if you can run Watch Dogs on ultra max with no problems at all, wouldn't that mean GTA V would run at the somewhat same fps? :-)

#4 Posted by Luka024 (23 posts) -

PC will be all about optimization, and considering the PS4 and Xbone are built on x86, we should see relatively good performance IF Rockstar did their job this time. GTAIV was a mess initially on PC so...

#5 Posted by Jacanuk (5448 posts) -

@Skjoett said:

@Jacanuk said:

That would be a horrific penalty haha! And thanks for the answer, but since I am quite the console peasant, I was only really interested in the next gen fps ;-) But how good are your specs? Because if you can run Watch Dogs on ultra max with no problems at all, wouldn't that mean GTA V would run at the somewhat same fps? :-)

Ahh, you can be sure that since Ps4 can run 60fps GTA V will also run it, can't say there won't be drops with the higher density and more happening on the screen, but they had a year to optimize it for next-gen so i wouldn´t worry about it not running on max fps on both consoles.

My specs are pretty decent so i would 100% expect GTA V to run in the same fps but knowing how horrible GTA IV was on pc for a lot of people at the start, Rockstar might mess up again :) but as i said above i wouldn't worry on console unless Rockstar pulls a "ubisoft downgrade" and only allows it to run in 30fps.