GRID 2....I am totally and utterly stunned!

#1 Edited by Dannystaples14 (984 posts) -

How can a game be this bad? I mean seriously, I thought it was in the job description of a games designer to have taken at least a little bit of physics in their life to be able to make their games seem realistic?

What the hell do you call this monstrosity of a game? Because realistic is SO far from the truth it is almost pathetic.

You just power your way around every corner without even touching the breaks at any point. My god it is terrible! Plus it only came out in 2013? How is that possible?

It has got some really good reviews as well I mean people are actually praising its handling! Do people not want to drive an actual car? Why not call is GRID 2: Pod Racing because it sure doesn't feel like I'm driving a car. I mean other arcade racers aren't exactly realistic as such. Not when compared to something like Forza or Gran Turismo but man this is on a whole other level. Even Need for Speed isn't on this level.

Man I simply wasn't prepared for just how bad it was going to be. From the reviews it has I thought it was going to be a reasonable racer but.......just wow!

#2 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

Yeah. I hated this game.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73007 posts) -

I did not have any issue with this game

#4 Posted by Dannystaples14 (984 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I think I've ruined myself by playing Forza too much. The feeling of driving a realistic simulator is enough I can't go back. Even Forza Horizon feels great to drive in. This is way too over the top with drifting and whatever else.

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73007 posts) -

@Dannystaples14 said:

@The_Last_Ride: I think I've ruined myself by playing Forza too much. The feeling of driving a realistic simulator is enough I can't go back. Even Forza Horizon feels great to drive in. This is way too over the top with drifting and whatever else.

It's not a sim game, it's more of an arcade game with a few sim touches. It's not suppose to feel as an arcade racer.

#6 Posted by marcheegsr (2915 posts) -

Its not a bad game at all but I do not like the handling to be honest.

#7 Edited by Dannystaples14 (984 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: Yeah I know that is why I hate it. I've felt what proper racing is like from a simulator and now arcade just isn't good enough any more.

@marcheegsr: Yeah I'm sure if I stick at it I'll get used to it but honestly at this stage I'm thinking whether I want to bother.

Why fight though a game I'm having to force myself to get used to, when there are plenty of other games to play?

#8 Edited by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

Forza is the king of racers. Codemasters I remember toca1&2 were amazing for there time and were more like racing sims. I guess Codemasters are filling up the gap that PGR has left open with Grid. I miss PGR.

PGR had that arcade cross sim vibe going on.

#9 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8562 posts) -

I don't think TC understands the concept of an arcade racing game. It's not supposed to be realistic.

#10 Posted by marcheegsr (2915 posts) -

@Dannystaples14 said:

Why fight though a game I'm having to force myself to get used to, when there are plenty of other games to play?

This is true. I played a lot of Grid 2 and then gave it up. I still have it in case I plan to go back to it one day.

So give it a break play something else and maybe one day you will come back and have some fun with it.

#11 Edited by naz99 (1541 posts) -

@Dannystaples14 said:

Haha Forza, great game, but "realistic Simulator"? Haha i think not.

#12 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73007 posts) -

@naz99 said:

@Dannystaples14 said:

Whatever dude, it's listed under simulation. It is a great racing game and a great sim. The best racing game i have played was Forza 4 by far

#13 Edited by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@naz99: "Haha Forza, great game, but "realistic Simulator"? Haha i think not"

Tried forza4 with a force feedback steering wheel? The most realistic driving experience on a console.

#14 Edited by Dannystaples14 (984 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: Yeah I understand but I also understand that I can't go backwards from precise handling and racing to arcade of the level of GRID 2. Forza Horizon is also arcade but it also has a lot of simulation elements in it from its main Forza series making it feel grounded and precise. It isn't just powersliding around every corner without hitting the breaks. Now I've tried simulation games like GRID and Need for Speed are never going to be as fun again for me.

@naz99: Forza is pretty much the closest thing to a true driving experience you can get at the moment. As well as Gran Turismo obviously which is also great. Not played a GT game in a LONG time but it must do well if they are drafting their top players into racing academies. No game is ever going to be perfect as a simulator or at least not for a very long time. That game on PC Assetto Corsa is also a simulator and it is still in Early Access at the moment, I'm sure that will be great when it is finished as well but it still won't be perfect.

#15 Edited by naz99 (1541 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@naz99 said:

@Dannystaples14 said:

Whatever dude, it's listed under simulation. It is a great racing game and a great sim. The best racing game i have played was Forza 4 by far

Yeah and goat simulator is listed under simulation but you don't see me talking about how it is a realistic depiction of a life of a goat....

And yes it, is a great game.....did you miss the bit where i typed "great game" huh?

#16 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73007 posts) -

@naz99: Goat Simulator is a parody mate

#17 Edited by naz99 (1541 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

I know mate,i was taking the piss.. (but it is still listed under simulation, parody or not)

I also know a Giraffe is not really a Tall Goat..:P

#18 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73007 posts) -

@naz99 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I know mate,i was taking the piss.. (but it is still listed under simulation, parody or not)

I also know a Giraffe is not really a Tall Goat..:P

You could also put Rock simulator and Grass simulator under the same genre