Greifing in gaming? And greifing videos?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1633 posts) -
Surprisingly I've been griefed extremely rarely considering how often I play online. Probably because I don't draw any attention to myself that would likely cause such actions and I almost never talk on the mic with randoms. What I do have an issue with is that some people feel that they have the right to do what ever they want at the expense of someone else and griefing falls squarely into this category.Archangel3371
Then continue doing what you do and you'll be fine :) You can use your mic though if you'd like I used it all the time when I had my xbox, it doesn't draw attention unless you scream :lol: And yes we may act like children :P Which I will admit that I do, because it's fun sometimes to get away from adult life. But those who scream and whine and rage over it act like children as well! so we can just agree on this! The online community is full of grown up children :P
#52 Posted by Archangel3371 (16153 posts) -
Well I don't not use my mic because I want to avoid griefers I simply don't use it because I'm not really into chit-chatting with randoms and I'm not really adept at making 'call-outs' in team play. Honestly getting griefed personally isn't a big issue for me since it doesn't make me all that upset but the thing that bothers me the most is why some people would want to do this to someone else randomly. Sure in and of itself it may just be a game but who knows, this could have been someone's last refuge to salvage what may have been a lousy day. I can understand perhaps the desire to want to annoy the loud mouth braggard but even then I still just don't get some people's desire to go and try to ruin things for others so purposely like that.
#53 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1633 posts) -
this could have been someone's last refuge to salvage what may have been a lousy day. I can understand perhaps the desire to want to annoy the loud mouth braggard but even then I still just don't get some people's desire to go and try to ruin things for others so purposely like that.Archangel3371
Like I said before I am selective in some people I mess with online :P There is a difference and it's especially apparent when you use a mic on xbox live, between those who are pissed and those who are legitimately sad. When I do it I usually leave these people alone, along with kids and the people who just play for fun :P It really is the big loud mouth braggards who get it the worst from me personally at least! Ever hear a Call of Dut Bro Rage so hard he sounds like hes pissing his or her pants? :P Once you have you'll understand why people greif :lol: I did that rocket glitch in MW2 where you would explode upon death, bwahaha I had so many messages from people telling me how I was going to get banned, yadda yadda. That never happened, my friends and I just got a laugh out of game breaking bugs and over reactive people :P
#54 Posted by Archangel3371 (16153 posts) -
Yeah I've watched some griefing videos and while I can understand the desire to put some people in their place it's just not something I would feel like doing personally because to me any satisfaction would feel hollow to me. I'd really rather just ignore them or mute them and be done with it.
#55 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1633 posts) -

Yeah I've watched some griefing videos and while I can understand the desire to put some people in their place it's just not something I would feel like doing personally because to me any satisfaction would feel hollow to me. I'd really rather just ignore them or mute them and be done with it.Archangel3371
Then continue to do so and you'll never be a target :P

I am sure of it

#56 Posted by Pvt_r3d (7897 posts) -
We can only hope for server admins to stamp out the issue. Griefing will never disappear.
#57 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
Dude, chill, wait for people to respond.I love griefing, its so fun, I think of it as there are so many kids on xbox live and psn that just run their mouth and they deserve it.