Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@Macutchi: @Macutchi:

Well you could restock them and all your other gear at key locations........ yeah you couldn't interrogate them..... but you could capture them for Intel later.

I've definitely pulled someone over an open ledge but I'm not sure about ledges with balconies...... will have to change to lethal and test it.

You could see more if you attached them higher..... plus you get like 5 of them if you go for a stealth build...... 10 if you do it in Co-Op. :p

what diffetence does turning back make ? You wind up in the same place..... anyway there were numerous alternative paths in the main missions, your team would let you know about them.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: most levels in chaos theory were like a compound / base that you could make your way around in anyway you wanted. quite a few of the levels had you exit in the same place you started. i preferred that kind of open level instead of the moving from set piece to set piece in blacklist. it was all too predetermined. there were plenty of invisible walls too. i don't remember many alternate paths, definitely not anything like the more open levels in chaos theory

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Lulu_Lulu

@Macutchi:

I don't remember Chaos Theory that well. But Double Agent and Blacklist weren't that differen't other than that place were you hang out.

Anyway in Blacklist you move from Arena to arena...... thats how I would describe it. You may get funneled into a vent or a corridor but the parts were you do your actual stealthing were large and non linear..... kinda like the Predator Challenges in Arkham City..... And thats just the Main Missions.... the side missions were even more open and had multiple and optional objectives that you could do in whatever order...... as far as Grims missions atleast.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#104 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Jacanuk:

No their not..... the single player missions are on the SMI...... non of them have co-op.

And if you're a single player gamer then why did you buy a game with Co-Op in it ?

And how did they try to make it seem Open World ?

Ehmm, i would buy it because its a splinter cell game and i enjoyed every single one of them up until this one.

Also isent it pretty obvious they tried to make it open world? you dont have to follow a certain path plus you have the coop-optional and coop only missions plus the multi-player visible

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk:

Nope.... they made it more like Mass Effect..... except without the Gay Sex. :(

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#106 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Macutchi: Well said dude. Some areas in Blacklist force you to walk through front door or climb wall next to it but you still end up in the same area,,, just few feet away. That's just illusion of "freedom". As you said, if you move away, you hit invisible walls.

Not a very good design choice for a Stealth game. While it was a lot better than Conviction and step in the right direction but it's still inferior to previous games when judged as a Stealth game. It had some good moments though, like gadget upgrades. That was a nice touch.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#107 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@meyra31 said:

I played hitman blood money for the first time when i was 12 or 13 and i really enjoyed it I barely knew english that time so it took me like a month to figure out and finish the game. But then i swear after that time i probably finished it 120 times, im not joking.. Mostly on pc but i played many times on ps2 too... I liked absoluton but for me BM was much more better. Another stealth game that I really enjoyed was velvet assassin, dishonored and all the splinter cells... I mean if a game comes up in the futre thats similar to blood money but with much more improved gameplay and graphics, it would b the game of the century for me, not the game of the year because I LOVE STEALTH!!

Damn,,, and I thought I was crazy because I finished Mass Effect 2, Max Payne 2 and Witcher 2 like 20 times. And now since I know that I'm not the only one who plays games over and over again... I'm gonna replay those games again. One day I may even break your record.... We'll see. BTW Blood Money was excellent game.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@Jacanuk said:
@ariabed said:
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ariabed:

He's talking about the missions you get from Isaac Briggs..... I think theres 4 or 5 of them and they can not be done solo.

Oh ok i dont think he said those missions specifically, and its been a while since i played blacklist so i couldnt remember if all side missions had optional co-op or not.

Anyway there are still plenty of side missions that are optional co-op which help to stretch out the game a bit if not a fan of multiplayer.

Splintercell blacklist is a solid enjoyable stealth game its got to be one of the best of last gen.

Yes those are the missions i am talking about.

They are made to be a part of the single player game and you are faced with them not even 5% into the game. For someone who is a single-player gamer and only that, its a slap in the face, here is something that clearly is made to be of the game experience but is blocked off because i do not want to find some random person to play them together with.

So take that and the fact that they tried to make Blacklist seem open world and not really work on the story, well it makes for a very very shitty Splinter Cell game.

I am like you in regards to preferring the single player experience over co op, put it this way ive played 50hrs of dying light and not one minute of that has been in online mode.

So as a like minded person i don't feel that the mostly co op optinal side missions intrudes on the single player experience in the slightest.

The missions from briggs are not part of the single player game/story so you are not missing out on any single player story.

Plus the briggs missions are obviously tailored with co op in mind and you dont like co op so why are you worried about not being able play them?

Do you not have a friend you can invite to do co op with you? That way its not just some random.

there is still plenty of other side missions as well as the whole single player missions to get on with, not to mention the fact that you can re do all those missions on various difficulties and you can try go lethal then non lethal or try being a ghost. Try weapons and gadgets you previously haven't used.

There is a hefty single player experience to be had and your letting 4 co op only missions ruin the whole game for you. I know its your opinion but it doesn't make sense to me.

Also i dont get what you mean about the game tries to be open world.

The level design is open giving you alot of choice/freedom and room to maneuver, add to that tight controls amazing spy gadgets weapons good AI and graphics, i dont think any real stealth fan can say that this game is shit if they do they are trolling, and all this talk about this game has made me want to start playing it again so i will.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Ariabed

@Macutchi said:

@Lulu_Lulu: most levels in chaos theory were like a compound / base that you could make your way around in anyway you wanted. quite a few of the levels had you exit in the same place you started. i preferred that kind of open level instead of the moving from set piece to set piece in blacklist. it was all too predetermined. there were plenty of invisible walls too. i don't remember many alternate paths, definitely not anything like the more open levels in chaos theory

I dont think blacklist was set piece heavy at all, maybe a couple of set pieces in main story but not much, i really dont like set piece heavy games like cod, and bioshock infinite etc.

The levels had variety and gave a lot of room and freedom tonplay how ever you wanted.

Love it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Lulu_Lulu

@ariabed:

Tight Controls ? :o

No way dude...... Blacklist had Many Many Many control issues.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

@ariabed said:
@Macutchi said:

I dont think blacklist was set piece heavy at all, maybe a couple of set pieces in main story but not much, i really dont like set piece heavy games like cod, and bioshock infinite etc.

The levels had variety and gave a lot of room and freedom tonplay how ever you wanted.

Love it.

not set piece in the sense of call of duty, lulu described it best as moving from arena to arena.

it's all just opinions though. glad you loved it. i didn't. i thought it was the most generic, action-centric, one-size-fits-all formulaic splinter cell to date. but to each their own

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#112 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ariabed said:
@Jacanuk said:
@ariabed said:
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ariabed:

He's talking about the missions you get from Isaac Briggs..... I think theres 4 or 5 of them and they can not be done solo.

Oh ok i dont think he said those missions specifically, and its been a while since i played blacklist so i couldnt remember if all side missions had optional co-op or not.

Anyway there are still plenty of side missions that are optional co-op which help to stretch out the game a bit if not a fan of multiplayer.

Splintercell blacklist is a solid enjoyable stealth game its got to be one of the best of last gen.

Yes those are the missions i am talking about.

They are made to be a part of the single player game and you are faced with them not even 5% into the game. For someone who is a single-player gamer and only that, its a slap in the face, here is something that clearly is made to be of the game experience but is blocked off because i do not want to find some random person to play them together with.

So take that and the fact that they tried to make Blacklist seem open world and not really work on the story, well it makes for a very very shitty Splinter Cell game.

I am like you in regards to preferring the single player experience over co op, put it this way ive played 50hrs of dying light and not one minute of that has been in online mode.

So as a like minded person i don't feel that the mostly co op optinal side missions intrudes on the single player experience in the slightest.

The missions from briggs are not part of the single player game/story so you are not missing out on any single player story.

Plus the briggs missions are obviously tailored with co op in mind and you dont like co op so why are you worried about not being able play them?

Do you not have a friend you can invite to do co op with you? That way its not just some random.

there is still plenty of other side missions as well as the whole single player missions to get on with, not to mention the fact that you can re do all those missions on various difficulties and you can try go lethal then non lethal or try being a ghost. Try weapons and gadgets you previously haven't used.

There is a hefty single player experience to be had and your letting 4 co op only missions ruin the whole game for you. I know its your opinion but it doesn't make sense to me.

Also i dont get what you mean about the game tries to be open world.

The level design is open giving you alot of choice/freedom and room to maneuver, add to that tight controls amazing spy gadgets weapons good AI and graphics, i dont think any real stealth fan can say that this game is shit if they do they are trolling, and all this talk about this game has made me want to start playing it again so i will.

It might be my "ocd" when it comes to completing games with side missions that is the biggest problem here.

But again the Briggs missions are there in the single player part , you can stand and talk to Briggs get the information and then be told "hey no luck, you need to find another player" For me that is just a nuisance that shouldn't be there, I get that they wanted to cater to people who love co-op , but they should have made it so that these missions were not visible if you clicked the single player. Even if you can play the whole game and these missions do nothing special.

And i have plenty of people who play these kinds of games, but again i hate relaying on others. Particular as a perfectionist , i hate to play with a friend who then messes up or do not do things in a certain way. Thats the biggest reason why I almost never play co-op.

So sure there might be a decent amount of single player but Blacklist besides the above just isn't a very good game, its way to open world and non-linear for me to enjoy. And what i mean by open world is that they have you pick and chose which direction you want to go as to missions, you can do the random multi-player optional or you can do the main story missions. That takes away from the Splinter Cell experience they used to have and also not everything has to be pick&choose/openworld today.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Lulu_Lulu

@Jacanuk:

Dude the Paladin is the main menu..... you can access the single player, stats, customization and upgrades and multiplayer from there..... the actual single player content is accessed from the SMI....

The Co-Op missions are not part of the single player they are just part if the Paladin.

The word you are looking for is Non-Linear.... just like Mass Effect....... its not Open World... its just non-linear.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

I was one of the first to post in this thread. i come back expecting to scroll through page after page of people verifying my statement that Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is the greatest stealth game of all time.

Instead, I find remarks about Tenchu, Metal Gear, or even Hitman. If the OP wanted a discussion, then he should have made the thread about what is the SECOND best stealth game of all time. In which case, we could all discuss the merits of SC 1, or Pandora Tomorrow.

This isn't rocket science folks. These are easily provable facts. Anyone who disputes this truth only has to play the game to be convinced.

Blacklist doesn't count because Micheal Ironside isn't the voice actor for Sam Fisher.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Ariabed

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ariabed:

Tight Controls ? :o

No way dude...... Blacklist had Many Many Many control issues.

Maybe for you, i found the controls to be fine and i never got frustrated with them.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ariabed

@Macutchi said:
@ariabed said:
@Macutchi said:

Love it.

not set piece in the sense of call of duty, lulu described it best as moving from arena to arena.

it's all just opinions though. glad you loved it. i didn't. i thought it was the most generic, action-centric, one-size-fits-all formulaic splinter cell to date. but to each their own

One size fits all, how so?

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#117 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

i have never found an action + stealth game better than metal gear solid series. it still is the best according to me. the way hideo kojima have balanced the stealth mode with action and with an awesome story behind makes it the perfect master piece series.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Ariabed

@babyjoker1221: "Blacklist doesn't count because Micheal Ironside isn't the voice actor for Sam Fisher."

I understand there was alot of but hurt over this voice actor change, i don't get why people let the silliest of things stop them from enjoying a good game.

Gamers nothing but spoilt children sometimes :p