Great Idea For Open World Game.........

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ManOnTheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ManOnTheMoon
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

I was thinking about an open world military-style GTA. Say you are a soldier stationed somewhere in the East, like Afghanistan. Of course, if you got tired of the constant sand, you could request to be moved to another military post in places like Russia, or Africa. And you'd buy your guns from the local gunstores that differ in each area. Same for clothes, vehicles, etc.

The missions would, of course, be military operations and things of that nature. I mean think of the possibilities; Riding on a camel, going hunting with your patrol, sniping in snowy terrain, move up the ranks and possibly have your own squad which you could customize even the people. And there would be tons of gun/clothe customizations and other things! Would you play something like this or no?

tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tatman87
Member since 2015 • 227 Posts

Kind of reminds me of Just Cause. I'd play it assuming it was made really well. Squad customization would be cool if it was both cosmetic and abilities, like XCOM or Rainbow Six. What would the gameplay be like? I assume since you compared it to GTA it would be third person and real time, as opposed to turn-based.

ManOnTheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ManOnTheMoon
Member since 2015 • 10 Posts

@tatman87: yeah I was going for a third-person GTA lookalike, and same thing with the squad cosmetics. I'd say the gameplay would resemble something like what we saw in the division, without the high-tech stuff. And yeah I'm going for crazy customization and smooth controls. And the missions would be things like taking down terrorists, and secret operations and others. There would be a big emphasis on night play too, with night vision and etc. And at the base you could just chill, play around with the other soldier and have little mini-games, like fighting rings and cards. There would be options to do illegal things for a quick buck or help the locals with a problem. And you'd be able to bring someone or people with you to go into the cities and such

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#4 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

I'm personally not into military games all that much but I do like third-person open world games so the idea seems like a good start, would need something more to stand apart to gain my interest but that's just me.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I'm not a fan of military themes, but it would be nice if they could make some non-fps or rts ones...

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#6 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

And there could be another game that runs alongside it that is a grand strategy game - you have a commander that moves you/your unit into areas where you must achieve objectives. With enough combat experience, you make your way up through the ranks.