DBZxDiExHARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1 DBZxDiExHARD
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

As a gamer who loves to explore his natural curiosity and immerse himself in a good game, I have played plenty of open-world games, but none have held my attention as much as Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row have. While I enjoy GTA because of its grounded in reality atmosphere and serious tone, I thoroughly enjoy the Saints Row franchise even more because it mixes in clever writing and tense moments to create a game in which I am literally on edge whenever I place it in my disc tray. Deciding between the two series, I cannot decide which has had a bigger impact on me in general. How about you?

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

GTA series have better storytelling and is a bit more realistic while Saints Row allows character customization and just more fun. Between the two, I choose Saints Row as the better game.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@DBZxDiExHARD:

Why does it have to be one against the other? if you like them both its allowed to like them equally and not put your hand down on a favorite.

Particular when the last game you really could compare to GTA was SR 2 and here i would say if you had to choose a game i would pick GTA since it was a better experience , but i would recommend anyone to buy them both.

Moving into 3&4 and 4&5 Saints row took a whole different direction than GTA and became more about being crazy and over the top then in GTA where its more serious and realisme

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I prefer GTA but I had a lot of fun with Saints row 1 and 2. Didn't like 3 and 4. Maybe I liked the first two games more because they felt like gta clones. How ironic.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I don't enjoy the Saints Row series. The shooting is unsatisfying, the vehicles feel like RC cars and planes, the sound design and the music leave something to be desired, poor vehicle damage and physics, brain dead enemy A.I and lackluster jokes and references to top it all off.

The game feels like quantity over quality. They keep adding to the experience rather than getting the most out of what they have. This is why I enjoy GTA. Just driving a vehicle, going off a jump and crashing is more satisfying than anything in Saints Row. The damage modeling is insane, the A.I is way above average for an open world game, the physics are amazing, the music selection and sound design make SR cry itself to sleep, the online offering is far superior, the story and mission design is leagues above and the side activities are to a much higher quality all around. I can't think of anything that Saints Row does better.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

i'd choose san andreas and then any saints row game before any other gta game.

in fact, i'd choose just cause 2 over any other gta game.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

Saints row realised it couldn't mess with GTA for realism and story so they went in the total opposite direction of crazy ass gameplay and over the top character customisation and rediculous story, I haven't played saints row since the first one, it just didn't come close to gta.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

@ariabed:

lol, ya, gta3, vice and sanandreas are so "real."

cmon man. gta is just plain stale.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@udubdawgz1: I agree I said in another thread that R* are good at doing the same thing over and over, but I was comparing the latest saints rows against gta 4/5 accept i failed to mention that, my bad. San Andreas is my favourite Gta and it's in my top 10 games, saints row1 just doesn't compare

futureops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 futureops
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Saints Row is my choice because humor,voice acting.GTA has better story,world and some good looking cars but somewhere IV and V it downgraded from SA.SRIV didn't downgrade from SRTT.

DBZxDiExHARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DBZxDiExHARD

@Jacanuk: It's more of a food for thought sort of thing than just pitting them against each other. While I have spent a massive amount of time playing games from both franchises and have deep respect for both of them, I can't help but wonder that with the way both games handle certain aspects of their games, that it would be difficult to do an actual debate over the two. It is indeed true that I like both franchises, but I have only time to invest in one game at a time because I love to get the most out of it before switching.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@DBZxDiExHARD said:

@Jacanuk: It's more of a food for thought sort of thing than just pitting them against each other. While I have spent a massive amount of time playing games from both franchises and have deep respect for both of them, I can't help but wonder that with the way both games handle certain aspects of their games, that it would be difficult to do an actual debate over the two. It is indeed true that I like both franchises, but I have only time to invest in one game at a time because I love to get the most out of it before switching.

Ok, if you only have time for one then i would recommend GTA, Saints Row is a fun game but you will quickly run dry and with GTA V online , GTA took a huge leap forward in terms of replay value.

DBZxDiExHARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DBZxDiExHARD

@Jacanuk: I wouldn't go as far to say that Saint's Row will run dry. Even when I finish one playthrough, I'll still want to replay it, especially Saints Row The Third. Although that game didn't allow you to replay story missions (screw Activision for that lackadaisical design choice), I still wanted to keep playing it. I think I've played and replayed Saints Row 2 about 6 times and Saints Row The Third 5 times.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

GTA San Andreas is in my top 10 favourite games of all time, so I probably should say GTA. However, I enjoyed SR3 & 4 more than GTA 4 & 5.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Saints Row. The series actually focuses on being fun to play rather than being a hamfisted circle jerk like GTA.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Saints Row is mindless fun, but I prefer GTA's more realistic, serious approach to crime.

ChefPers0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 ChefPers0n
Member since 2012 • 44 Posts
@BattleSpectre said:

Saints Row is mindless fun, but I prefer GTA's more realistic, serious approach to crime.

LOL.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I like GTA for it's graphics and Eye Candy, but lets just throw Saints Row 3 and 4 out, and bring in just Saints Row 1 & 2

Saints Row 1 was a great small time thug to top dog, it was hard and fun.

Saints Row 2 was probably the greatest crime sim game ever created, and I honestly feel that GTA has lost it's way and this is the game they should of made, SR2 had everything I wanted in a crime game, make money, customization, thug to kingpin story, it was funny a little over the top and I wasn't so keen on the Artstyle and that's why I would of loved GTA to of made a game like that more than the whole story driven aspect of GTA5 which at the end of it all, all you had left to do was do some yoga lol

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

gta. I say this because the production value on in is much higher, and it can clearly be seen in all segments

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

Saints row 4 life!

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

I like Saints Row the best,it´s way more fun gameplay wise.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Grand Theft Auto 5. It's just a much more immersive world, and you can still fly planes and have a fun causing chaos at the same time.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I liked saints row and saints row 2.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I like both series and am glad they were both made. I prefer GTA for the graphics and story which is generally more memorable and for the memorable characters. Saints Row is more fun to simply pick up and play for mindless fun but I have found myself having fun doing that in GTA too depending on how I am feeling.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

There was a time when these two games were simular before but Saints Row 4 changed all that.

Apples and Oranges people! Why must the obvious escape your logic ?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#26 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

None of them interest me . I picked up saints row 2,3 and 4 but only finished 4th one . Start of the game was pretty epic , later I didn't enjoy it that much but still somehow finished it . On other hand , I never picked GTA games on launch , but I do pick them up after several months of its release and I finished all of them except first two . So , I am not a huge fan of both games but I found GTA a bit better but there are a lot of things that Saints Row games get right and GTA games don't . So, I won't be surprised if most people are going to prefer Saints Row because of fun factor of it and strong women leads etc .

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

The SR series started out as a cheap knockoff of GTA, but with SR2 and on it because sort of a low-brow "American Pie" to GTA's already low-brow "Knocked Up". The GTA games are more about creating an entire, immersive world for you to get lost in doing just whatever while the SR games became about over-the-top fun not even remotely grounded in any kind of reality. I think the GTA series in general is a much higher quality game series, overall.

But... I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I think SR is way more fun (especially 2 and 4). I've beaten every SR game except for SR1, but I can't remember the last time I played a GTA game all the way through before 5. GTA 3, 4, SA, VC, etc I spent many, many hours with but I never played them all the way through because they just got boring after a while. Sometimes more realism isn't necessarily more fun. In GTA5 the radio stations are cool because they are like real radio stations. However, just like with real radio stations I'm not interested in listening to about 75% of what's playing. SR4's radio, by comparison, played like a greatest nostalgia hits of 80s and 90s music. Everything about SR4 screamed "NOT FOR KIDS", but not because of gore or violence. Because most of the game's humor would fly over the head of anyone under 30. What teenager is going to understand why Rowdy Roddy Piper showing up to beat up Keith David in an alley is one of the coolest surprise celebrity cameos I've ever seen in a video game or the outrage that The Boss and Pierce express when Zynyak hacks "The Matrix" to turn Biz Markie into an opera singer. Seriously, this is a game that was written specifically for my generation and I loved every minute of it.

-Byshop

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i like both series but i prefer gta by far