Grand Theft Auto V -The Big One-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tetratrance_CK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Tetratrance_CK
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
So after all the hooplah with E3 lets take a step back and look at GTA V reportedly already in production by rockstar. What we know: 1-It is unlikely to roll out before 2012 2-Development is 'well underway' 3-Seems like it might be set in Los Angeles Source http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/grand-theft-auto-v/news/6320305/grand-theft-auto-v-development-well-under-way?mode=recent --------------------------------------- One Word........YES Los Angeles. If anyone thought gangbanging in a lowrider with snoopdog playing on the radio was not the best GTA experience to date (San Andreas) I dont know what GTA is. Seriously two words....Good Songs. Or better yet custom playlists available for play during game. Imagine doing a driveby with tupac or biggie smalls playing on the radio. Another note: Bring back Gang warfare. you remeber the gang turf wars in San Andreas. Every once in awhile some turf you took came under attack it was fun. Just thinking back to San Andreas and the Big (What If) regarding a PS3/XBOX360 generation San Andreas can do.........
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I am hoping, with this GTA, that it's actually better than GTA IV, when had a few problems that prevented me from fully enjoying it, like with a few missions that involved chasing down your targets, since the driving was pretty bad and sloppy, or the endings not being satisfactory. I'm also hoping it goes down the same road that Saints Row has by being a little more crazy, but I get the feeling that won't happen, since GTA has always been serious with both story and characters. So, for now, it's all about waiting and seeing. No doubt, the reviewers will go bananas over it and slap a lot of 9s and 10s all over it, which is quite disgusting, to say the least...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I'm from Los Angeles. If this game is set in Los Angeles...I will pass. They could have chosen any other setting/location and it had to be LA..ugh..
brad2658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 brad2658
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The game will be as insignificant as the GTA IV series unless they set the game in a specific time period in the past.

GTA IV was severely lacking nostalgia.

Bus-A-Bus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bus-A-Bus
Member since 2009 • 5089 Posts

Naa...It will be Vice City...it must be VC,yea Vice City...right? :(

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

crap, la again? i'll just hope this isn't true till we find out more.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Can we make our own character, I get the feeling I am going to end up being given another Rockstar skinhead tough guy.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Or better yet custom playlists available for play during game.Tetratrance_CK

GTA SA had custom playlists, i don't remember about Vice City (though i'm fairly certain) or GTA III.

protaganist20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 protaganist20
Member since 2010 • 1333 Posts

Somewhere different would be good like New Orleans maybe. Personally I'd like to go back to Vice city but LA should be pretty cool.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

[QUOTE="Tetratrance_CK"]Or better yet custom playlists available for play during game.Lucianu

GTA SA had custom playlists, i don't remember about Vice City (though i'm fairly certain) or GTA III.

yep vice city and gta 3 both has custom playlists (on the pc anyway) you dragged whateever mp3 files u wanted to "custom radio" and it all apeared in game.

I was hoping for more liberty city, washington, detroit, baltimore or a erupoeon city (throwing in parkour to make up for the lack of skkyscraprs)

outatime557

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 outatime557
Member since 2011 • 266 Posts

We've already had a GTA set in hip-hop gangbanging L.A. If they go back to Los Santos they should focus on other aspects of the city.

Oh, and IV had custom radio too btw. It's called Independent FM, you just put your files in Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\User Music and it should play whatever's in there. Only on PC though.

Tetratrance_CK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Tetratrance_CK
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
L.A. Noir Era Anyone?
dilenshah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 dilenshah
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

Well GTA V i expect it to make it rock the world type games in which politics should also be added and playing with world and tis country would be awesome

steal from whole world or rule the whole world properly any path u choose type story.

I wish it becomes the most epic game ever :D

kingkarl123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 kingkarl123
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

They could have went anywhere in the world and they choose boring L.A. No offence to anyone that lives there. Why couldn't they have chose seattle or San Fransico just somehwre different. At least in Seattle they have the Space Needle and the Golden Gate bridge in San Fransico.

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
I just hope they do to San Andreas what GTA IV did to GTA III. Make continuity nods even if they're not set in the same canon.
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Why not not London,Why does it have to be the USA? Just somewhere different.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i would honestly hate if its just a los angeles setting and not another san andreas ( los angeles, san fransisco, las vegas)
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts

Why not not London,Why does it have to be the USA? Just somewhere different.

CUDGEdave
i honestly wouldnt mind a london setting or any british setting for that matter, especially if they made it in line with movies like snatch, layer cake, formula 51, rock n rolla, etc..
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

I want it, but it better have fly-able air planes (besides helicopters), more weapons (flame thrower, wrench, brass nuckles), more cars, and real cheats.

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#20 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

What we know:

NOTHING.

Rockstar is known for not leaking information so until it's official, it's bogus.

That said, I don't care which setting they choose. I thought I didn't want another Grand Theft Auto set in Liberty City and I thought I didn't want a sequel to Red Dead Revolver, but Rockstar has proven me utterly wrong in both cases. Nowadays I am completely confident in Rockstar's decision-making and their ability to impress me even when I don't expect it.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Can we make our own character, I get the feeling I am going to end up being given another Rockstar skinhead tough guy.

Evil_Saluki
I would love to be able to create my own character.
Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#22 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

[QUOTE="Evil_Saluki"]

Elann2008

I would love to be able to create my own character.

They will say "it will weaken the story!" and I say work around it or take a back seat. Maybe it's not Rockstars direction to go that way, more and more they take away gameplay mechanics for the sake of story, I can't see them going any other way sometime soon. Saints Row series is about as close as we get to that but as much as I like them, I can understand peoples comments about it being immature and not quite what they want.

A GTA type game which takes itself seriously and lets you custom your own character and has a story that works around you. Dream on.

GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GAMESHARQ
Member since 2008 • 5988 Posts

Naa...It will be Vice City...it must be VC,yea Vice City...right? :(

Bus-A-Bus
I really hope so.
zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts
GTA IV relied heavily on Niko being a sort of shy kind of character. He was fresh off the boat, and didn't necessarily care about rising to the top. In San andreas, it is kind of the exact opposite. Carl and his gang members only care about rising up and taking on the town. Rockstar did a great job with both games, but in the new one, they will have to combine both aspects in some way to keep both groups of fans.
no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

It should be set in Nairobi.

It would make a GTA game different.

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

It should be set in Nairobi.

It would make a GTA game different.

no_more_fayth

y'know what, i'd get behind this. places other than america since *GASP* cars exist outside the USA

Jerryismyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jerryismyname
Member since 2011 • 36 Posts
I wouldn't even mind another west coast america setting. Know what would really shake things up? A female main character.