Grand Theft Auto V Delayed, Coming 9.17.2013

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IC3_C0LD_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 IC3_C0LD_ZERO
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html

It was clear from the start that they weren't confident with the release date. No surprise to me at all. 

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

I can wait. Godstar will deliver once again. That's all that matters.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Disappointing to say the least.

Doesnt bode too well for the PC version either.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts
No problem. There's so many great games coming out in the next little while plus I'd like to pick up a Wii U sometime soon so I'll be plenty busy from now until then.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Fine by me. Never got upset over a delay yet.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#6 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Hugely disappointed that it's been delayed, despite knowing it'll be worth the wait. Definitely my most anticipated game.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#7 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Rather wait and get an amazing game that have it come out now and be a buggy mess.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I can understand why people are disappointed, but they shouldn't be surprised though. I knew this was going to happen; it isn't just about polishing up the game to make it look better. Rockstar is more than likely gearing up for a massive advertisement campaign that's probably planned for years and knowing them, we will see it in effect in the months to come. Also, they are using this time to hype it up at E3, more than likely with some gameplay footage and we'll probably hear multple impressions of the game from various game sites, Gamespot included.

I wasn't a fan of GTA IV all that much, so I'm hoping that GTA V will be a much, MUCH better experience in the end.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

I can understand why people are disappointed, but they shouldn't be surprised though. I knew this was going to happen; it isn't just about polishing up the game to make it look better. Rockstar is more than likely gearing up for a massive advertisement campaign that's probably planned for years and knowing them, we will see it in effect in the months to come. Also, they are using this time to hype it up at E3, more than likely with some gameplay footage and we'll probably hear multple impressions of the game from various game sites, Gamespot included.

I wasn't a fan of GTA IV all that much, so I'm hoping that GTA V will be a much, MUCH better experience in the end.

Metamania

Seconded.

And I'm as well not surprised, we have seen almost nothing of the game so far and then already going into the market with it would have been just complete insanity. Even with a well known name like GTA, selling a Mystery would be not very successful I assume.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I've got no shortage of things to play right now, so no worries. I am a bit bummed that it is going to come out so close to the launch of next gen consoles. I know that the next Playstation and Xbox won't have great install bases, but it would be nice to see a port.
D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

They finally announced a release date, not surprised it got delayed. So many games coming out in the next few months. Will they released a port for the new consoles? 

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

I just want them to tell us what they are putting in the special edition releases! 

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Any word on a pc version yet ?  I don't wanna have to borrow or buy a console to play it :(.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
It will probably mean a better, more polished game in the end so I can wait. There are tons of good games coming out anyways.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I can understand the need for the delay but I'm still sorely disappointed. Other than Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light (which now doesn't have any definite release date), GTA V was the only game I was really interested in this spring. 

Also, I know GTA is a huge franchise, but I can't help but wonder if launching on the verge of the next generation is a good thing. 

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

Truly, I predicted this from the outset.

They almost always delay their games and usually, those delays give us something that is much better in the final analysis.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Hugely disappointed that it's been delayed, despite knowing it'll be worth the wait. Definitely my most anticipated game.

Venom_Raptor

i thought far cry 3 was ur number one game.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 burgeg

I can understand the need for the delay but I'm still sorely disappointed. Other than Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light (which now doesn't have any definite release date), GTA V was the only game I was really interested in this spring. 

Also, I know GTA is a huge franchise, but I can't help but wonder if launching on the verge of the next generation is a good thing. 

Vari3ty

Not that many people will have the next gen consoles right away anyway. The launch of next gen systems won't eat in to GTA sales. And besides, who's to say Rockstar won't port it to next gen systems for launch? Maybe that's why the delay was so big.

zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

I had a feeling it was going to be delayed. At least it's still coming out this year. And I'll follow Rockstar to hell and back. They're by far my favorite devs of all time. GTA V will be amazing.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#21 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

tumblr_m0ck2zGlRh1qcvmswo1_400.jpg

More time to play other games, but still very excited, even if the wait is going to be a bit longer.

GT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GT90
Member since 2002 • 6256 Posts

Not terribly surprising considering we've only seen two trailers and a bunch of screenshots. Usually Rockstar likes to show off a bit more than that. I just hope that it's better than GTA4. I could not stand the weak characters in that game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm not mad that its been delayed.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

I'm fine with the delay, I've got lots of stuff to play. Gamasutra has speculated that the delay might reflect that MS (who has thrown a lot of money at GTA in the past) has decided to buy a window of exclusivity for the X720 version. That would be a brilliant move.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/185855/Why_GTA_Vs_delay_could_cause_an_industrywide_ripple_effect.php

Microsoft has showered Rockstar with money in the past, buying first-pass rights for DLC content for GTA IV. It's entirely possible the company has done so again, buying an exclusive port of GTA V for the next generation Xbox -- and wanted the launches closer together. (Sony doesn't seem to be in a financial position to do so at present.)

Sales of the game would be minimal, since the install base of the system will be so comparatively small, but it would give Microsoft an important bragging right -- and make its next generation system seem very current and relevant to core gamers, who will be critical to this upcoming generation. (Keep in mind, those Destiny court documents that came out during Activision's legal fight with Jason West and Vince Zampella indicate that Destiny will be exclusive to the system as well, so having GTA in the fold as well would be a killer one-two punch.)

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 burgeg

I'm fine with the delay, I've got lots of stuff to play. Gamasutra has speculated that the delay might reflect that MS (who has thrown a lot of money at GTA in the past) has decided to buy a window of exclusivity for the X720 version. That would be a brilliant move.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/185855/Why_GTA_Vs_delay_could_cause_an_industrywide_ripple_effect.php

Microsoft has showered Rockstar with money in the past, buying first-pass rights for DLC content for GTA IV. It's entirely possible the company has done so again, buying an exclusive port of GTA V for the next generation Xbox -- and wanted the launches closer together. (Sony doesn't seem to be in a financial position to do so at present.)

Sales of the game would be minimal, since the install base of the system will be so comparatively small, but it would give Microsoft an important bragging right -- and make its next generation system seem very current and relevant to core gamers, who will be critical to this upcoming generation. (Keep in mind, those Destiny court documents that came out during Activision's legal fight with Jason West and Vince Zampella indicate that Destiny will be exclusive to the system as well, so having GTA in the fold as well would be a killer one-two punch.)

CarnageHeart

Lol that would never happen. At the most microsoft will have some timed 720 exclusive dlc like with GTA IV.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I did think the release date being this spring was a little soon.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

lol No. No matter how much money EA is going to throw at Rockstar, it wouldnt be anything compared to the hit 2K is going to take at the stock exchange for delaying their biggest title almost two quarters. 

I can get behind the rumors that the MS has bought the next gen GTAV exclusivity but bought the delay? Impossible. Rockstar just needs more time with the game and they've shown time and time again that they would launch the game when it's ready. 

And there is the Destiny exclusitivity I was talking about. It's going to be a timed exclusive but there you go.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Let them perfect this game.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

lol No. No matter how much money EA is going to throw at Rockstar, it wouldnt be anything compared to the hit 2K is going to take at the stock exchange for delaying their biggest title almost two quarters. 

I can get behind the rumors that the MS has bought the next gen GTAV exclusivity but bought the delay? Impossible. Rockstar just needs more time with the game and they've shown time and time again that they would launch the game when it's ready. 

And there is the Destiny exclusitivity I was talking about. It's going to be a timed exclusive but there you go.

S0lidSnake

At this point I'd be more worried about someone like Activision buying Take-Two. There have been rumors for years about a potential buyout, but it's never come to fruition. With COD seemingly headed downhill and WoW showing chinks in the armour, you've got to think Activision is considering it, especially now since the Take-Two stock has taken a hit. 

Although I think this would be one of the worst things for the industry if it were to happen, crossing my fingers it doesn't. *knock on wood*

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
Meh...
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Grand Theft Auto V delayed and Saints Row 4 either cancelled or put in the hands of another developer, this year better get better.

CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#32 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

I'm only sad that I won't have my summer to play it.  Hard too invest the time to play a rockstar game during the school year. Oh well, no doubt it'll be worth the wait.