Gran Turismo 6 announced for PS3. New game engine. Loads of new features.

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by DJ_Lae (42748 posts) -

For a Playstation 3 exclusive they were poor. Some tracks looked alright, but some were pulled straight from previous games

Venom_Raptor
It's certainly one of the most uneven looking games I've ever seen. When compared to Forza 4, it's closest competitor, some of the photo mode stuff and select car models absolutely blow it away. You can tell there are certain departments there that have spent an awful lot of time on the details. On the other hand, you also have a ton of absolutely hideous low-poly car models, tracks that have essentially been up-rezzed from GT4, awful rain effects, Zombie Jeff Gordon, and some of the most fantastic screen tearing in a console game this generation.
#102 Posted by BranKetra (48632 posts) -
If Gran Turismo 6 contains a majority of new content, I will play it.
#103 Posted by BuryMe (22017 posts) -

Any word on if there's going to be any damage modeling in the game?

#104 Posted by MirkoS77 (7503 posts) -
Forza's better anyway. 1200 cars? Of which I'll probably only care to drive a few hundred at most? Quantity ain't quality, especially when 800 will be low rez standards. Give me Forza which has cars that soccor moms don't own and that I actually want to race. GT is overburdened, inconsistent, inefficient and slow. At least 5 was. If they trim the fat off, overhaul the UI and speed it up, I may give it a shot, but it again seems like they are intent on shoving every vehicle ever built into it. Ford Model T, here I come...
#105 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

Forza's better anyway. 1200 cars? Of which I'll probably only care to drive a few hundred at most? Quantity ain't quality, especially when 800 will be low rez standards. Give me Forza which has cars that soccor moms don't own and that I actually want to race. GT is overburdened, inconsistent, inefficient and slow. At least 5 was. If they trim the fat off, overhaul the UI and speed it up, I may give it a shot, but it again seems like they are intent on shoving every vehicle ever built into it. Ford Model T, here I come... MirkoS77

I agree with you that GT5 had a ton and a half of problems but I don't think affordable cars was one of those problems. I think the unglamorous cars that ordinary people drive in real life are a part of Gran Turismo's success. I always get a kick out of driving a Ford Taurus (the practical, cheap vehicle I own IRL) in Gran Turismo. Unlike the supercars I can actually compare how the car handles in the game to how it handles in reality.