Got Sonic CD from download.com, can't run on Windows 7

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

Is there an easy way to make Sonic CD work on a pc that uses windows 7? This is a game i played when i was much younger, want to play it again. i've looked on google, there was at least one method that looked questionable, so i didn't go that far into it. other ways didn't seem to work. This version was free on download.com, so i'm assuming it's perfectly legal to play.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

TBH the download itself sounds fishy given that the game is still being sold today (for money) on many digital outlets. Albeit a widescreen enchanced version of it.

Without sounding like the person who asks "Did you try turning it off?", did you try setting the game to launch in compatbility mode for an older version of Windows such as Windows XP (as well as forcing running the program as administrator)? That tends to fix a lot of issues wth older games.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Play Mario instead.

Someone please mark this as "Solved"

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

I don't like how the source you got is what I would call "legit",nor its sounds... oh well can't help but feel empty about the source,move on tc,there's more to legacy than just this.

FUN IS INFINITE.~SEGA ENTERPRISES
FUN IS INFINITE.~SEGA ENTERPRISES