Good Vampire Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hz-7 (343 posts) -

Hey, I'm wondering if there's any really good vampire games for either PC, xbox, or xbox 360.

Here's the ones I've already got:

Vampire the masquerade bloodlines

both Buffy xbox games

I think a vampire fps would be really cool.

thanks guys.

#2 Posted by DarkSidexxx (364 posts) -

I've had a lot of fun with the Bloodrayne series:D

bloodrayne

#3 Posted by Juggernaut140 (36011 posts) -
isn't Vampires: Bloodlines an FPS?
#4 Posted by Wetall_basic (4086 posts) -
You could try Vampire the masquerade:Redemption. Its not FPS though,its more Isometric RPG,like diablo,with vampires. I dont know of a great many games that feature Vampires,but you might wanna try Vampire Slayer. Its a mod for HL,and is pretty fun.
#5 Posted by DarkSidexxx (364 posts) -
Darkwatch isn't too bad.
#6 Posted by GodModeEnabled (15314 posts) -
How come noone mentioned The Legacy Of Kain series yet?! Kids these days! :evil:
#7 Posted by HyperMetaDragon (5345 posts) -
Whatever you do, do not- I repeat, do NOT play Vampire Rain. That game is horrible. :|
#8 Posted by Johnny_vicious (25 posts) -

I know its not a game based completely on vampires, but I found that Oblivion had a pretty good vampire addition.

Playing the dark brotherhood and being a vampire was the best bit and the only worth while thing I done... as soon as I had finished with that (aswell as the theives guild) I was pretty much very bored of the game... and I was about 30 hours in.

#9 Posted by BioShockOwnz (52901 posts) -
Vampire Rain is basically one of the best and most rewarding games ever.
#10 Posted by muthsera666 (13271 posts) -

How come noone mentioned The Legacy Of Kain series yet?! Kids these days! :evil:GodModeEnabled

That's what my first thought was. I've only played Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2, and Legacy of Kain: Defiance. Defiance was a really fun game and had some great mechanics.

#11 Posted by Old_Gooseberry (3957 posts) -
Bloodrayne 2. Runs well on the xbox 360 as well, just a few graphical glitches on her default outfit, the others look great. Framerate was solid. If you've played games similiar to Ninja Gaiden, you can handle this game. Its sorta similar in basic gameplay.
#12 Posted by Juggernaut140 (36011 posts) -

I know its not a game based completely on vampires, but I found that Oblivion had a pretty good vampire addition.

Playing the dark brotherhood and being a vampire was the best bit and the only worth while thing I done... as soon as I had finished with that (aswell as the theives guild) I was pretty much very bored of the game... and I was about 30 hours in.

Johnny_vicious

morrowind's is much, much, much better. There are 3 different clans, your face doesn't become horribly disfigured, each clan has it's own questline to take out the other clans, and also you can be a werewolf.

#13 Posted by the_mad_madman (316 posts) -

isn't Vampires: Bloodlines an FPS?Juggernaut140

It's an FPSRPG ala Deus Ex or System Shock series. Extremely good one too, combine the excellent facial animations with solid writting and spot on voice acting and it's got easily some of the best characters I've ever seen in a game ever. If you've never played it and yer over 18+ I'd say you oughta buy it. Easy to get off STEAM nowadays too, just be sure to patch it with both the official AND unnoficial patches since the original games major flaw was how damn buggy it was when it was released.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Hmm... Castlevania? If you've got a DS I'd say the latest few are definently worth a look, and if yer the PSP type there's a Castlevania coming out soon for that too. Portrait of ruin was especially fun!

#14 Posted by Juggernaut140 (36011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]isn't Vampires: Bloodlines an FPS?the_mad_madman

It's an FPSRPG ala Deus Ex or System Shock series. Extremely good one too, combine the excellent facial animations with solid writting and spot on voice acting and it's got easily some of the best characters I've ever seen in a game ever. If you've never played it and yer over 18+ I'd say you oughta buy it. Easy to get off STEAM nowadays too, just be sure to patch it with both the official AND unnoficial patches since the original games major flaw was how damn buggy it was when it was released.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Hmm... Castlevania? If you've got a DS I'd say the latest few are definently worth a look, and if yer the PSP type there's a Castlevania coming out soon for that too. Portrait of ruin was especially fun!

not over 18 but that's not gonna stop me, I played through the first one when i was 13

#15 Posted by jesse1314 (25 posts) -
A good one I like personally is called darkwatch, it has a lot to do with vampires and undead (the main char. gets turned into a vampire in the beginning)
#16 Posted by theshadowcult (25 posts) -

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]How come noone mentioned The Legacy Of Kain series yet?! Kids these days! :evil:muthsera666

That's what my first thought was. I've only played Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2, and Legacy of Kain: Defiance. Defiance was a really fun game and had some great mechanics.

I hate you (NOTE: I don't), *glare*, Any one who does not play Blood Omen is NOT a fan of Legacy of Kain... It's even worse when there are so many people out there that think the seires actually started with Soul Reaver *crys*

EDIT: Whoops... i found this thread while googling and didn't notice the thread date! My bad.

#17 Posted by Daavpuke (13770 posts) -
Vampire Hunter D has a series of Playstation games.
#18 Posted by Metamania (12026 posts) -

How come noone mentioned The Legacy Of Kain series yet?! Kids these days! :evil:GodModeEnabled

Best vampire games I've ever come across as a gamer. No other vampire game can surpass it.

#19 Posted by dakan45 (18724 posts) -

[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]isn't Vampires: Bloodlines an FPS?the_mad_madman

It's an FPSRPG ala Deus Ex or System Shock series. Extremely good one too,

Ehh, no, it was horribly buggy, unbalanced and unfinished in so many ways. You cant possibly call it "Extremely" good.

#20 Posted by muthsera666 (13271 posts) -
[QUOTE="the_mad_madman"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]isn't Vampires: Bloodlines an FPS?dakan45
It's an FPSRPG ala Deus Ex or System Shock series. Extremely good one too,

Ehh, no, it was horribly buggy, unbalanced and unfinished in so many ways. You cant possibly call it "Extremely" good.

Even if a game has several noticeable flaws, playing it can create an experience that far outshines said flaws.
#21 Posted by BranKetra (50223 posts) -

Darkwatch isn't too bad.DarkSidexxx
I agree. Blood Omen 2 is a great game but I dunno about it being Kain being good since either way the story goes he's still devouring and killing every enemy in his path.

#22 Posted by lolacat54 (171 posts) -

BloodRayne looks good. Just try to forget what Uwe boll did. [shudders]

#23 Posted by secretspy43 (25 posts) -

Castlevania games are great games that deal with vampiric themes.

#24 Posted by dakan45 (18724 posts) -
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="the_mad_madman"]It's an FPSRPG ala Deus Ex or System Shock series. Extremely good one too, muthsera666

Even if a game has several noticeable flaws, playing it can create an experience that far outshines said flaws.

if we talk about the same game, then no. It was horribly unbalanced and rushed in many ways and especially in the ending. Kinda how alpha protocol is but worse. It was a broken experiance in many ways.
#25 Posted by muthsera666 (13271 posts) -

[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="dakan45"] Ehh, no, it was horribly buggy, unbalanced and unfinished in so many ways. You cant possibly call it "Extremely" good.dakan45

if we talk about the same game, then no. It was horribly unbalanced and rushed in many ways and especially in the ending. Kinda how alpha protocol is but worse. It was a broken experiance in many ways.

I'm not defending the game; I've never played it. I'm just saying that there are some games that I've loved and thought were great that others have called broken/buggy.