Hey people i m tired of playing these crappy games with bad stories any one plz recommend me some good story games plz...
the best story game ive played so far has to be dreamfall the longest journey!
This topic is locked from further discussion.
Dreamfall does have a great story. And who doesn't like it? The game is critically acclaimed.
But for Xbox 360 and PC...that's a toughie. Mass Effect is coming out soon, (November) when that game comes out, go ahead and get it, it looks like it has a great story.
The Legacy of Kain games all have good storylines and voice acting, and weave together into a truly epic story. There's a method to follow when playing these games, though:
1. Go to Nosgoth.net and read the plot summary of Blood Omen (PS, PC). The game itself is good, but has quirks that make playing it a chore.
2. Play Soul Reaver (PS, DC, PC)
3. Play Sould Reaver 2 (PS2, PC)
4. Either read the plot summary of Blood Omen 2 (PS2, GC, XBOX, PC) or grit your teeth and play it. Its not terrible, and the voice acting and storyline are top-notch as usual, but the game was originally meant to be a new Chakan game, and had Kain crammed in at the last minute. It's a bit tedious to slog through.
5. Play Defiance (PS2, XBOX, PC)
6. Bask in the glory of such an epic and intruiging story.
for a great super-dark relentless story, one needs to look no further than Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. (one of the MOST underrated games i've ever played). another great story is in the game XIII- brilliant. Bioshock also had a super rich story (but that game is uber-popular, so you've probably played it already). for a quite different way of telling a story i'd check out Ico & Shadow of the Colossus- these are amazingly beautiful stories where absolutely no character even says a word!!! finally, another great futuristic story, one even my gf liked watching me play was Breakdown. Breakdown- not only a great story, but characters that you actually cared about!
hope these pics help. i am a sucker for a great story and great characters- something that i feel is greatly lacking in out current-generation of video games...
Rogue Galaxy? Really? One of the things it got knocked for was a dull storyline...
Definitely Rogue Galaxy (PS2). That game was absolutely awesome. I also think the Star Ocean series (PSP) has a fair story line. Um... Nope. That's actually all I got. *shrugs*RoseFlambe169
Rogue Galaxy? Really? One of the things it got knocked for was a dull storyline...Timbydude
Serious? D> Well I thought it was great. Everything about that game just had me wanting more. Completing all the things like fusing, those bug competitions, and the quarries was a little troublesome, but all worth it I'd say. I guess it's just me then. :( Oh well.
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment