Good stealth/adventure games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Poorman88 (1 posts) -
My favorite games of all time were the Arkham series, with the Assassins Creed series not far behind. I also got Hitman: Absolution and I love it! Anybody got good suggestions for games that involve stealthy gameplay with assassinating and such? I'm contemplating picking up MG: Revengance as well.
#3 Posted by TheLoneMortal (818 posts) -

You would probably really enjoy Dishonored.

#4 Posted by tomkat69pc (977 posts) -

try "mark of the ninja" - one of the best arcade games for the xbox - usually i don't like 2d games very much but this one is special - stealthy with tactics and exciting - you can upgrade your equipment and try different approaches for every level ..

#5 Posted by RyuRanVII (4242 posts) -

try "mark of the ninja" - one of the best arcade games for the xbox - usually i don't like 2d games very much but this one is special - stealthy with tactics and exciting - you can upgrade your equipment and try different approaches for every level ..

tomkat69pc

Mark of the Ninja is brillant, definitely one of my favorite PC games released last year.

Also, I believe people should give Thief: Gold a try. It's old, but a masterpiece nonetheless.

#6 Posted by Explosive_Bagel (156 posts) -
Splinter Cell I guess.
#7 Posted by Dexter-010 (531 posts) -
Splinter Cell: Double Agent Splinter Cell: Conviction Deus Ex: Human Revolution Dishonored and later this year we get a new Assassins Creed game and Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
#8 Posted by oldsnake2012 (1 posts) -
MGS series...
#9 Posted by Selina786 (15 posts) -

Hey there i think you don't know about Dishonored.  It's one of my favourite games.:)

Another cool game to play is  Mark of the ninja.

#10 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -
Dishonored and maybe even Skyrim if you use sneak.
#11 Posted by PokeCrysis (44 posts) -
The Metal Gear Solid Series and Tom Clancy games are the best ones I've played, but I'm sure there are better out there.
#12 Posted by voljin1987 (713 posts) -
i am going to go off the norm here and suggest sheep, dog and wolf... you play the coyote dude from the road runner show and you need to steal sheeps without being caught by the watchdog.. pretty cool sneaking elements.
#13 Posted by amendeacon (3 posts) -
Far Cry 3
#14 Posted by quakke (186 posts) -

Splinter Cell 1 - Chaos Theory, Cold War (2005) and before Arkham series came, i would have recommended Riddick since it was once really great stealth fps. After Batman came, Riddick felt like nothing anymore since Rocksteady raised the bar very high :D

#15 Posted by xGarrettThiefX (19 posts) -

Good stealth / adventure would be Thief and Thief 2 (not dishonoured)

#16 Posted by Ryu_Katamari (28 posts) -
MGS is my fav, theres not a game in the series that doesn't blow ur mind, MG Revengence is great, but not as much stealth elements. In fact, very little. I also recommend the Tenchu series. Tenchu Wrath of Heaven from PS2 is my favorite, but they're all real good. Tenchu Z was good, but there wasn't a huge leap between the PS2 era games and that one. Still a decent game though.
#17 Posted by greymon12345 (9 posts) -
Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, and Dishonor are great stealth games. You both go on a mission to defend a person in need or to find a key. It is a great exploration and quest kind of game.
#19 Posted by quakke (186 posts) -

Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, and Dishonor are great stealth games. You both go on a mission to defend a person in need or to find a key. It is a great exploration and quest kind of game.greymon12345

How dare you bring Call of Duty into this?

That game is very far from being a Stealth game.
You play real Stealth games like Splinter Cell (1-4), Cold War, Thief.. and very soon you'll notice the difference is like night and day.
CoD may have some stealth "elements" but that does not make it an Stealth game.

#20 Posted by Earl-of-Death (5 posts) -

Tenchu series if you like ninjas.

#21 Posted by Earl-of-Death (5 posts) -

I can't belive no one has mentioned Tenchu. It is more of a pure stealth game, but there is some exploration aspects to it.

#22 Posted by quakke (186 posts) -

I can't belive no one has mentioned Tenchu. It is more of a pure stealth game, but there is some exploration aspects to it.

Earl-of-Death

Man, i absolutely loved Tenchu 1 on PSX (PS1). For some reason i never got any Tenchu after that. Yet i did own PS2 and had many games on it.
I think Tenchu is really kinda a pioneer in 3D Stealth games. Since before that, there was only one i that i can think of, Metal Gear Solid.

Tenchu brought something new to what used to be small Stealth genre. Tenchu brought real jumping/crouching and more free approach to the levels. Metal Gear Solid had kinda limited more of cinematic style approach. Approach where you couldn't jump, rotate camera, open doors without loading screens/in realtime, have more of like gadgets (if you may say so). But don't get me wrong. Im not bashing MGS at all. Again, if it wasn't for MGS, there probably wouldn't be any Tenchu or Splinter Cell. Or atleast they might be very different from what we know them.

#23 Posted by Ryu_Katamari (28 posts) -
Tenchu is one of the first games that comes to mind for me, in terms of good stealth games. Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven on PS2 was my favorite. I have Tenchu Z on 360, its pretty good, but not a gigantic step up from the others in the series. Wrath of Heaven though is an excellent game. It doesn't compare to the king of all stealth games, MGS, but its still great. Very bloody too.
#24 Posted by catderpillar (11 posts) -
Hitman Absolution. Even tho I lost my mind with the game, it's still a good game :D And good stealth game. I just didn't have the patience
#25 Edited by mengtheman (7 posts) -

The Mark of Kri

Rise of The Kasai

#26 Posted by sukraj (22608 posts) -

far cry 3 even tho its not 100% stealth it does let u play the game in that way.