Good games for my 5 year old daughter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DeadPark121 (206 posts) -

Hi. my daughter has been playing the old mario and sonic games and really loves them. so now i'm trying to expand her library. but i can't think of any good games to give her. anything i can think of would be too hard for her i think. So please. what games do you recommend? (NES / SNES / Genesis)

#2 Posted by Lucianu (9558 posts) -

If she has played those other two series of platformers, then just give her other 2D quality platformers to play. On the SNES side there's Kirby Super Star, a excellent game, very easy to play and very easy on the difficulty side. You can also give your daughter the Donkey Kong Country trilogy and Disney's Aladdin.

On the Genesis, i would recommend Rocket Knight Adventures and Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures II, Aladdin (completely different game from the SNES version), Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse, World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, Pulseman.

Beat 'em ups are simple to play, there's Final Fight and Streets of Rage.

#3 Posted by svenus97 (2292 posts) -

Demon%27s_Souls_Cover.jpg

She will love it.

#4 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

She will love it.

svenus97

Lol

#5 Posted by GreySeal9 (25050 posts) -

[QUOTE="svenus97"]

She will love it.

Masenkoe

Lol

lol+2

To the TC: I know you said that her systems are NES, SNES, and Genesis, but if you have a PS2, I think your daughter would like Kingdom Hearts due to the Disney characters. It's very easy for an RPG and I think she could finish it if you guided her. Most battles can be won by button mashing TBH.

#6 Posted by naju890_963 (8954 posts) -

Zombies ate my neighbours, Fireshark and Truxton. She'll have fun with those.

#7 Posted by StatusShuffle (1908 posts) -

Hi. my daughter has been playing the old mario and sonic games and really loves them. so now i'm trying to expand her library. but i can't think of any good games to give her. anything i can think of would be too hard for her i think. So please. what games do you recommend? (NES / SNES / Genesis)

DeadPark121
Mario Paint. Marios Time Machine Mario Typing. Sonic Eraser
#8 Posted by DeadPark121 (206 posts) -

demon souls, of course. why didn't i think of that. that's a perfect easy game for a 5 year old girl. LOL

thanks for all the suggestions already. i'll be sure to look into some of them. as for kingdom hearts. while i'm sure she would love it, i love it, she hasn't gotten the hang of a 3d environment yet, so i want to keep her to side scrollers. build up her basics first. and make her enjoy playing games in general.

#9 Posted by tutorhunky (22 posts) -
Rival Turf is a simple side scrolling beat em up that's very cheap.
#10 Posted by GreySeal9 (25050 posts) -

demon souls, of course. why didn't i think of that. that's a perfect easy game for a 5 year old girl. LOL

thanks for all the suggestions already. i'll be sure to look into some of them. as for kingdom hearts. while i'm sure she would love it, i love it, she hasn't gotten the hang of a 3d environment yet, so i want to keep her to side scrollers. build up her basics first. and make her enjoy playing games in general.

DeadPark121

Understandable.

#11 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (8131 posts) -
NES: Kirby's Adventure River City Ransom(co-op) Shadow of the Ninja (co-op) Yoshi's Cookie SNES: Kirby's Super Star(co-op) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time(co-op) The Magical Quest: Starring Mickey Mouse Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose Genesis: Golden Axe(co-op) Rocket Knight Adventures The Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse Wiz n' Liz
#12 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3839 posts) -

I have a 4 and 5 year old myself although they are both boys, I dont really think that matters much at this age. I will list some of the games they really like.

NES=

Super Mario Brothers 3

Monsters in My Pocket

Contra

Mighty Bomb Jack

(I just thought of a perfect game for her although it is a bit expensive) Rainbow Islands

Bubble Bobble

SNES=

Toy Story

Aladdin

The Great Circus Mystery (a 1 or 2 player game that you can pick Micky Mouse or Minnie Mouse.. they have beat this on easy like 500 times and they love it)

Stone Protectors

Sunset Riders

That should be a pretty good start... I hope at least a couple of the games I suggested are a good fit :)

#13 Posted by StatusShuffle (1908 posts) -

[QUOTE="DeadPark121"]

GreySeal9

Understandable.

No it's not, all you do in KH is press X while holding up.
#14 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

For the SNES, Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Illusion of Gaia, and Super Mario RPG would all be great games for her if she hasn't played some of these already.

#15 Posted by GaussRiemann (249 posts) -

If she might like 2d-shooters, try Märchen Adventure Cotton 100% on SNES or Keio Flying Squadron on Sega CD.

I can also recommend

Rolo to the Rescue

Garfield: Caught in the Act

Ristar

Toejam & Eral: Panic on Funkotron

#17 Posted by Frieza99 (228 posts) -
Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Aladdin Tiny Toon.
#18 Posted by Sali217 (1290 posts) -
If you don't have the old systems themselves, and can find one of those old Atari/Activision/intellivision compilations kids seem to love old Atari games. They're simple to understand and really very basic. I still find Kaboom! to be one of my most addictive games ever.
#19 Posted by 3KindgomsRandy (15488 posts) -

You may want to consider some of these Genesis games:

• Toejam & Earl - Especially great because you can play it with her
  • Rocket Knight Adventures - As others have already mentioned
  • Kid Chameleon - A little advanced maybe, but a very solid game with lots of variety
#20 Posted by DeadPark121 (206 posts) -

i gave her kirby super stars for the snes and TMNT: hyperstone heist for the genesis. and she LOVES them. she's also playing super mario world and is in love with yoshi. as all gamers should be.

#21 Posted by Bubble_Man (3098 posts) -

The 16-bit Disney games. Unlike a lot of movie-licensed games, they were actually good. Aladdin for the Sega Genesis is among my favorites.

#22 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
kirbys dreamland