Going Beyond the Game!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxBenblasterxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 xxBenblasterxx
Member since 2013 • 98 Posts

(Is this the right forum? :/)So i'm an avid fan of video game fiction and try to soak up as much as i can especially in the form of novels, i know there are arguably better written novels in the world of sci-fi, fantasy, thrillers than those based on video games, but i think its the combination of two of my favourite hobbies (gaming and reading) that make them more appealing. I've read books from the Halo, Gears, Assassins Creed, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect and Dead Space worlds.

But can you guys recomend any other series worth venturing into?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
I play Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine pretty regularly and the setting of the campaign got me interested in learning more about it. I just bought the Ultramarines Omnibus part 1- a short story and three full novels starring a captain of the Ultramarines sect of WH40K's Space Marines. They're very interesting. Lots of heavy imagery. Tons of 40K terminology, but most of it makes sense in context and I use the Lexicanum wiki for more info.
antiAntag0nist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 antiAntag0nist
Member since 2012 • 62 Posts

I remember reading a couple of novels based on Perfect Dark; they were pretty good reads.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Dark Horse comics tend to do comics based on existing intellectual properties. I know there is a Mass Effect comic.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

I play Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine pretty regularly and the setting of the campaign got me interested in learning more about it. I just bought the Ultramarines Omnibus part 1- a short story and three full novels starring a captain of the Ultramarines sect of WH40K's Space Marines. They're very interesting. Lots of heavy imagery. Tons of 40K terminology, but most of it makes sense in context and I use the Lexicanum wiki for more info. El_Zo1212o

The adventures of Captain Ventris are great fun. I have the first omnibus and the three novels that followed it (which have now been gathered into the second omnibus) and they all offer good, clean, xenos-splatting entertainment.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

The Starcraft books are decent reads.

Although I'm more interested in established franchises that just so happen to have decent games. I enjoyed Dawn of War and Space Marine that much more because of how much I loved the books.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]I play Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine pretty regularly and the setting of the campaign got me interested in learning more about it. I just bought the Ultramarines Omnibus part 1- a short story and three full novels starring a captain of the Ultramarines sect of WH40K's Space Marines. They're very interesting. Lots of heavy imagery. Tons of 40K terminology, but most of it makes sense in context and I use the Lexicanum wiki for more info. Business_Fun

The adventures of Captain Ventris are great fun. I have the first omnibus and the three novels that followed it (which have now been gathered into the second omnibus) and they all offer good, clean, xenos-splatting entertainment.

At some point, does he go on an ork-flattening rampage? And also, I know next to nothing about the universe, but I picked out that [spoiler] Barzano was an inquisitor from the instant he saved the Vae Victus. [/spoiler] was I the only one?
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

[QUOTE="Business_Fun"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]I play Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine pretty regularly and the setting of the campaign got me interested in learning more about it. I just bought the Ultramarines Omnibus part 1- a short story and three full novels starring a captain of the Ultramarines sect of WH40K's Space Marines. They're very interesting. Lots of heavy imagery. Tons of 40K terminology, but most of it makes sense in context and I use the Lexicanum wiki for more info. El_Zo1212o

At some point, does he go on an ork-flattening rampage? And also, I know next to nothing about the universe, but I picked out that [spoiler] Barzano was an inquisitor from the instant he saved the Vae Victus. [/spoiler] was I the only one?

No orks unfortunately, but Ventris and his crew do tangle with most of the Imperium's other mortal foes so expect lots of variety to the smiting.

With regards to your second point, you're certainly quicker on the uptake than I am. I knew he wasn't all he appeared to be but I didn't get that.