Give me your statistics! I.E. What gamer types make up your gameplay style?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tempertress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1 tempertress
Member since 2012 • 1131 Posts

So, I just wrapped up on that 'What Gamer are You Series' that's been lingering around the front page - don't worry it'll be gone soon. A few people decided to break up the gamer types that I offered up into percentages to represent their unique gameplay type/style. Since more than a few people thought I was asking gamers to pick just one gamer type to box themselves into I thought this would be a cool way to see what we think our different gamer 'makeups' are, if you will.

If you want a reminder of the sixteen gamer types (or you never saw the series) check out this list complied by GS user zyxe because it's very comprehensive.

After the four vids a bunch of people broke their playstyles down like this example from GS user Chaos-Dante_456:

Character Builder: 10%

Ultimate Evil Doer: 8%

White Knight: 25%

Hoarder: 12%

Min/Maxer: 15%

Reader: 3%

Introvert: 5%

Completionist: 20%

Exterminator: 2%

TLDR: I made vids on gamer types, some people were breaking it down into 100% to show their unique makeup. Let me know yours if you want =]

Here's my gamer type makeup to get the ball rolling:

Completionist: 20%

Introvert: 30%

Character Builder: 10%

White Knight: 15%

Min/Maxer: 10%

Hoarder: 10%

Analyst: 5%

(PS It's embarrassing how many times I check that that equalled 100% - maths is not my strong suit.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#2 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Only one of those fits me to the point where I would try to play like it anytime it's possible in any genre Ghost (for the very very very rare games where using stealth is a valid option and doesn't make everything more difficult)
tempertress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tempertress

Doesn't stealth always make things more difficult? =P

I guess it depends how good you are at it - I am really not.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Doesn't stealth always make things more difficult? =P

I guess it depends how good you are at it - I am really not.

tempertress
I don't mean that I will reset if I get caught, if I'm able to kill some targets quietly or get through entire areas before I'm caught it would make things easier.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

for me:

completionist - 20%

Introvert - 25%

Reader - 15%

Character builder - 10%

White Knight - 10%

Apologist - 5%

Builder - 10%

Extrovert - 5%

for big open world series like - inFamous, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Deus Ex, Fallout, Dishonored and others. Series that i really love, i will explore every nook and cranny, talk to as many NPC's, and read every bit of lore i can find. Just simply get lost in their worlds.

I put 5% for extrovert because there are a few multiplayer games that i'll play for a while, like at the moment, Battlefield 3, Starhawk, and Primal Carnage. But i've also played Crysis 2 multiplayer a bit as well. However, i'm far more interested in singleplayer games, if i could - at a discount - i'd buy many singleplayer-component to games and never touch the multiplayer (like Call of Duty series, Spec Ops: the Line, and Bioshock 2).

I'd consider myself an apologist, becuase a few series i'll play regardless, like Ace Combat (one of my all time favorite series ever). The only highlight from the latest game - Assault Horizon. was how robust it's multiplayer was - which was surprising.

and builder because i still to this day, keep Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, SimCity 4, and a Civilization game sitting on my computer. I still go back to those games to this day. You'd think i'd be excited for the new SimCity, but i'm not really, i'm not too down on being forced to build a specialized mini-city in a forced-community game. At the same time my main complaint for Simcity 4 was that i just wanted to build a full city not a whole region.

and white knight, because whenever given the choice, i'll almost always pick the good choice, very rarely do i pick the 'evil' choice in games. Which leads to me another thing, if given the chance i'll make my character and play the game as though i were in it, so while for the most part i try to do the right things, on rare occasion when i put myself in the moment i do the evil choice - just based on how scummy the person/situation is and the circumstances. I generally don't like to 'role play' a good-only guy, or a bad-only guy. I like to play as myself first, then if i want to see what would be different - i'll then role play.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I've fit into most of those at one point or another, but I tried to narrow it down to the ones I think fit more consistently...

Completionist-(20%) I usually try to do as much as I can in a game, assuming I like it enough to do so. I collect trophies, so that earns this category a good percentage for me.

Speed Runner-(5%) I speed run in some games if I'm on another playthrough or am just not enjoying the game very much. I generally take my time with games, so this gets a low percentage.

Reader-(8%) I enjoy reading in game dialogue and other background info. I've really gotten into some gaming worlds, specifically Fallout.

Introvert-(25%) I almost always game alone. Not much into online multiplayer anymore either. This one describes me almost perfectly.

Ghost-(7%) I usually choose to be stealthy if it's an option. I hate getting surprised attacked by enemies, so I prefer to be the one doing the surprise attacking.

Hoarder-(10%) I sometimes have a problem with collecting extraneous items. Even if it's pretty much junk, I can sell it. I'll always try to increase the amount of crap I can carry if possible

Min/Maxer-(10%) I pay quite a bit of attention to stats, so I'll always try to use the best items/combinations possible for the best statistical advantages I can get

Character Builder-(5%) Something I like to mess around with too

White Knight-(10%) I'm always the good guy... the first time around at least.:twisted:

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 0

#7 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Completionist- 10%

Speed Runner- 5%

Exterminator- 15%

Extrovert- 5%

Reader- 2%

Introvert- 25%

Ghost- 12%

Hoarder- 3%

Difficulty Snob- 5%

Min/Maxer- 3%

White Knight- 20%

I hope I made this thing 100%. :P

Anyway, completionist is if I like a game I try to do as much as I can in it. It may not always be 100%, but I go for as much as I can and sometimes I do go for the full monty.

Speed Runner is relatively low, but sometimes when I get really good at a game, like Mirror's Edge, I try to blaze through it and get in a rhythm.

Exterminator applies to any game that has an enemy available. It dies.

Extrovert is relatively low. I don't play with strangers, but if my buddies are playing I'm all in.

Reader is also low. If a game has great fiction I'll listen to it/read it. But usually I pass it by entirely.

Introvert is pretty high as I tend to prefer playing alone over with others.

Ghost is another that I like. I chose to play Deus Ex Human Revolution, Crysis and Dishonored as stealthy experiences. Still killed people in them, but always waiting patiently.

Hoarder is pretty low because the only times I do hoard are in Torchlight-like lootfests or Fallout/Elder Scrolls. And I don't even care for Elder Scrolls or Fallout (aside from New Vegas) so it has to be low.

Difficulty snob is something I really am not unless I'm familiar with a game series. I've beaten every Halo on Legendary by myself. But if I play a shooter I'm not familiar with I'll likely go for Normal or the second highest difficulty.

I'm not much of a Min/Maxer by choice, but if there's a game that I really like that features a lot of those stat thingies, I'll stare at them for awhile. Usually cuz I'm trying to make sense of them, but also because I want to see what skills I should be using.

White Knight is really high, because when given the choice, I like to save the world and all that jazz.

Bamul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#8 Bamul
Member since 2008 • 2688 Posts

Completionist - 15%
I'm a fan of open world games; there's always tons of stuff to do in that type of games and I usually get side-tracked frequently.

Exterminator - 5%
Even though I prefer talking my way out of combat situations when given the choice, I tend to to go around killing everything that moves with hack 'n' slash and loot-based/MMO role-playing games that don't give less choice.

Extrovert - 10%
I rarely play MMOs, but when I do - I sometimes get involved with the community. As for other forms of multiplayer: after playing a lot of Red Orchestra 2, I've come to prefer realism & team mechanics over what most shooters have to offer, so I don't play much multiplayer anymore, though I'm open to other unique forms of online play.

Reader - 5%
Although I don't spend hours reading through everything there is about a game, I do sometimes lose track of time when reading the codex entries of games from series like Mass Effect or The Witcher. If a game's world is really interesting, I usually read more about it on the internet as well, but gameplay still takes priority for me.

Introvert - 15%
I'm always more interested in story-driven, well-crafted singleplayer games rather than multiplayer titles. I do find myself playing online from time to time, but I'm definitely a more singleplayer kind of gamer.

Ghost - 20%
When given the choice, I will usually go with stealth. I loved the freedom of choice (regarding gameplay and approaches to combat) in some levels of Metro 2033, and the biggest challenge that I enjoyed there was getting through completely unnoticed without harming a single human being.

Hoarder - 5%
I think that when we play games with a lot of loot, assuming our tastes attract us to that type of game, then we all have a bit of the Hoarder in us. :P

Difficulty Snob - 5%
Normally I play on the medium difficulty of a game on my first playthrough, but when there is a game that I really like and complete a number of times, I like something a bit harder. Loved Ranger Mode Hardcore in Metro 2033, for example.

Character Builder - 10%
I love games with character customization and/or character creation. You can expect me to spend ages on crafting the face that perfectly suits my idea of the protagonist.

White Knight - 10%
I'm drawn to RPGs and any other games that give me more choice, especially in dialogue. My "White Knight" tendencies are often at conflict with my "Completionist" side. In most RPGs that I enjoy, I usually do a first playthrough, a good playthrough and an evil playthrough. I sometimes struggle with picking the evil choice in the last playthrough and I feel bad after doing so.

Okay, I'm terrible at math, but somehow I got exactly 100% on my first try. :| Really lucky, I guess... even though I did still check about three times, to make sure. :P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Min/Maxer 50% White Knight 25% Completionist 25% i am only a reader if the story is interesting enough
tempertress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tempertress

That's awesome.

I'm more of an introvert than anything else - I mean, I am in real life and games have always sort of bakced that up for me because it's a nice outlet that I can get into by myself. That's probably why the world of multiplayer and MOBA gaming always perplexed me, I still can't comprehend how to get enjoyment out of it. I can't help but be a White Knight either, for some reason I get really attached to the woes of ordinary NPCs and whatnot and I have to help even if I'm not overflowing with credits.

I have a bit of the reader but if something really is dragging I can't stick with it - I love it if I'm engaged but when I'm not (e.g. Dear Esther) I can't stand it.

tempertress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tempertress

Okay, I'm terrible at math, but somehow I got exactly 100% on my first try. :| Really lucky, I guess... even though I did still check about three times, to make sure. :P

Bamul
Hahaha, you've done well! Gotta keep it rounded to 5s or it just gets messy.
Artriece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Artriece
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
White Knight - 25% Character Builder - 20% Reader - 15% Apologist - 15% Builder - 10% Extrovert - 10% Ghost - 5% Should equal 100%. Should being the key word here.
Bamul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#13 Bamul
Member since 2008 • 2688 Posts

I'm more of an introvert than anything else - I mean, I am in real life and games have always sort of bakced that up for me because it's a nice outlet that I can get into by myself.tempertress
Yeah, same here. Sometimes when you just wanna get away from people in general for a while, games seem like the best option... that or a good book. ;)
Should equal 100%. Should being the key word here.Artriece
It turns out that we gamers have much less confidence in our math skills than others. :lol: I think you're the third person in this thread to doubt their skill and still get it right. :)

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts

I'm mostly an Introvert. I rarely enjoy multi player, I dont really even care for FPS games. The only game that I really liked multi player was in Red Dead Redemption. Anyway here are my stats.

Introvert 50%

Completionist 35%

Ghost 10%

Reader 3%

Character Builder 2%

tempertress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tempertress

I'm mostly an Introvert. I rarely enjoy multi player, I dont really even care for FPS games. The only game that I really liked multi player was in Red Dead Redemption. Anyway here are my stats.

Introvert 50%

Completionist 35%

Ghost 10%

Reader 3%

Character Builder 2%

jcopp72
That's pretty close to me. I don't mind co-op campaigns sometimes like in Torchlight but it's a rarity. Also, I always figured I was a Ghost but then I was forced to be in a non-lethal playthrough of Dishonored and realised I didn't like it much at all =P
BARRICADE_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 BARRICADE_28
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts

Completionist - 20% - I like to explore all of the map and find all items, but not so much into trophies/achievements & in-game 100% goal completion.

Extrovert - 8%

Builder - 10%

Introvert - 10% (enjoy both social gaming and my time playing solo and exploring by myself)

Analyst - 12%

Hoarder - 13%

Character Builder - 15%

White Knight - 12%

tempertress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tempertress

Completionist - 20% - I like to explore all of the map and find all items, but not so much into trophies/achievements & in-game 100% goal completion.

BARRICADE_28

I'm a major Completionist too but I have the same exception - I never got that into trophies. I think it's because I gamed on my N64 a little but mostly I'm a lifelong PC gamer and I only just got on Steam. As a result trophies are still kind of an anomaly to me.