Getting PS4 this friday, what games should I buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Vanine_28
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

So this friday I am getting my PS4 and want to buy some games. It already comes with Destiny but I hear the game is getting very boring for many people. I think I Might need to buy a few other ones. any sugestions ?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 68936 Posts

Just get PS+

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vanine_28

@Pedro said:

Just get PS+

I have 1 month free, that comes with the bundle. so I'll definitly give it a try. A buddy of mine tells me he gets s ton of free games.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

Well I've just been on system wars and my understanding is the ps4 has no games. Sorry man.

Despite what people say. I did have fun with Killzone. I got bored of Diablo really quick which is unusual for me since that game is right up my alley. There's a slew of multiplats to look at.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

I almost need to ask, why do you really want to buy a PS4 right now? Nothing is really that good on the system yet, unless you plan on playing D3 or Last of Us. Mine mostly sits there collecting free PS+ games and dust. I'd honestly be putting that money into "something else" perhaps. Pay some bills, upgrade your PC, pick up some awesome PC games, etc etc.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

No exclusives worth grabbing imo. As a ps4 owner I've been pretty disappointed with the game line up. You've got your call of duty, assassins creed and far cry round the corner, but atm not much is interesting imo. Not until 2015 anyway.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Vanine_28: just about everything can be found on PC, Xbone, or even worse, last gen consoles. Most of the exclusives are super pretty but lack any real content. Killzone and knack are worth maybe 10 bucks. Resogun is an indie game kind of like Nano Assault on Wii U.

Infamous is fun but really short and lacks any real character or story development.

Driveclub is okay, but once again...lacking in content to justify a 60 dollar game purchase.

If you haven't played Last of Us, the remastered version is worth every penny. Oh and Infamous First Light DLC was better than the game it's a spin off from.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i would get Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag with it, those games will hold you for a while and get ps+

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Crypt_mx

@The_Last_Ride: I would hold out until Unity. If youre just getting a PS4 now at least get the version built for next gen, kill time elsewhere unless you can get a good deal on it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

If you need to ask you shouldn't be getting the console

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

If you never got it on the PS3, get The Last of Us. Nothing other than indie games and TLoU kept me occupied on the PS4. It seems 2015 is the year for PS4/XBO while 2014 is the year for the Wii U.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

i play a lot of diablo 3 on ps4. patch 2.1.0 just hit next gen consoles yesterday. shadow of mordor is also a fun time.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@Crypt_mx said:

@The_Last_Ride: I would hold out until Unity. If youre just getting a PS4 now at least get the version built for next gen, kill time elsewhere unless you can get a good deal on it.

AC IV is an excellent game, why wait when you can get it cheap?

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Crypt_mx

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Because I only think it's a good game and believe that it's not worth purchasing with it's successor just a month away.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor!

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@Pedro said:

Just get PS+

Also this.

It's a good deal and it will only get better as time goes on. (presumably)

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

I heard flower is a really good game. Get that.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vanine_28

@doozie78 said:

I almost need to ask, why do you really want to buy a PS4 right now? Nothing is really that good on the system yet, unless you plan on playing D3 or Last of Us. Mine mostly sits there collecting free PS+ games and dust. I'd honestly be putting that money into "something else" perhaps. Pay some bills, upgrade your PC, pick up some awesome PC games, etc etc.

I've been worried about the systems lack of games. Its crossed my mind a few times that maybe getting the system right now is still to early.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

@behardy24 said:

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor!

totally. fun game.

Infamous second son and first light were pretty fun. Killzone is fun one but a lil generic~

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts

Upgrading your PC is honestly a well worth idea.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vanine_28

@elheber said:

After reading threw the comments , I'm starting to think this might be a better idea.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

@Vanine_28:

Exclusives: TloU, Infamous.

Multiplatforms: Middle Earth Shadows of Mordor, NBA2K15 (Receiving great reviews but 2K14 did have MP issues), Watchdogs was fun (plot was dry and main character did become boring).

If you pick up the above, coupled with the goodies from PS+ you'll have more than enough to last you until new releases come out.

I personally am enjoying Destiny but am hesitant to recommend it because of all the backlash. I saw nothing wrong with the game other than the developers overhypeing it. I also have NBA2K14(Enjoyed it butMP was horrid), BF4, AC, and CoD Ghost but those are older titles and the new iterations are coming out soon. In addition to the previous I also have Need for Speed Rivals, was a blast but you can pick up the lite version of Driveclub for free to hold you over until Gran Turismo, Killzone which isn't for everyone, Knack which is more of a casual family friendly romp and Lego Marvel Super Heroes which is a good pick-up if you're into that franchise.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Last_Ride

@Crypt_mx said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Because I only think it's a good game and believe that it's not worth purchasing with it's successor just a month away.

It's a great game, even got GOTY for the PS4 here on the site

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I really enjoyed Killzone and Thief but of course Thief isn't to everyones taste. I didn't get into AC 4 for very long, it's ok for a bit but a bit too much grinding and the assassinations, following..etc gets old pretty quick.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

OMG, so many trolls in one thread stating the obvious, of course this years line-up for the PS4(and XB1) is bland! That is normal business for a new console durning it's FIRST year and anybody who has been around for awhile should already know that.

Now back on topic, most people have given you some good suggestions but I would also throw in Outlast and Ground Zero because both tittles are solid and you can get them dirt cheap.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MarcRecon

@Vanine_28 said:

@elheber said:

After reading threw the comments , I'm starting to think this might be a better idea.

It's either gonna be now or later dude, the price on the PS4 won't be dropping for a long time.

Vanine_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vanine_28

@MarcRecon: Thanks for your suggestion, i think I have made my mind up and am going to be getting the PS4 this Friday.

So far, I'm going to be getting Ground Zero, Infamous and maybe CoD Ghost. I have shadow of mordoron for PC, otherwise I would grab that too.I hope these will keep me busy till some new stuff comes out.

Kid_Black_Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 Kid_Black_Star
Member since 2009 • 506 Posts

I think the majority of people said get PlayStation Plus because you get some access to free indie titles which is not a bad thing. A few games in my opinion that every basic PlayStation 4 owner should have is Infamous: Second Sun, If you didn't play The Last Of Us the remastered edition should be a priority. Lastly either The Evil Within if your in to horror like myself, or get Advance Warfare. This is just a few games that can help you wait for games for next year. Hope I helped.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#29 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@Vanine_28: Shadow of Mordor, Rogue Legacy, Resogun, Guacamelee, Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux. And get Ps+ plus witht that. You will be satisfied for a long time. Second Son isn't to bad either.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

hmm get

AC 4 Black Flag

Infamous SS

Watchdogs

Shadow of Mordor

Diablo 3

TLOU Remastered

you can also try FFXIV. you might like it

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

watch dogs infamous second son last of us remastered aliens isolation nba 2k15 evil within middle earth shadow of mordor child of light (digital only) oddworld new tasty (digital only)

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I wouldn't get one if I we're you I'd wait until they're we're more games to choose from at the moment the PS4 is barebones.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

this is a joke right?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@Vanine_28: I would say get Driveclub just so you can have a real feel for how powerful the system is. But the ultimate game which is almost here will be Uncharted 4. You will still enjoy having the system and as the other individual said The Last of Us will be your Uncharted for now. KZSF is a good game to test your system but don't pay too much. Im totally happy with my PS4 purchase.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MarcRecon

@Vanine_28 said:

@MarcRecon: Thanks for your suggestion, i think I have made my mind up and am going to be getting the PS4 this Friday.

So far, I'm going to be getting Ground Zero, Infamous and maybe CoD Ghost. I have shadow of mordoron for PC, otherwise I would grab that too.I hope these will keep me busy till some new stuff comes out.

No problem dude, we are all gamers....no matter what platform we game on! :) @Vanine_28

vatorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vatorus
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts

@Vanine_28: Buy Titanfall and then return that piece of shit. Sony will be bankrupt in 5 years, and you will have a console with no multiplayer network to support it.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Just remember this is not System Wars please so no trolling or bashing consoles without backing up your views please.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#38 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

So far the games I'd get for the PS4 (and are the ones I will get pretty soon with my own PS4 purchase) are these. Mind you these games are the ones that have been released so far:

• Destiny
  • Resogun
  • Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
  • Watch Dogs
  • Infamous Second Son
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition

Also, get a PS+ membership. It's only 50 bucks for one year's worth of great discounts, free monthly games, and early access to upcoming games.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

Depends what you want to play. I just enjoyed playing The Last of Us for the first time, but other than that I don't really use it. My brother's been playing Madden on it, so it wasn't collecting dust like it was a few months ago.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

Get DriveClub. Despite its scores its an awesome closed road racer, will remind you of many classic closed road racers. I recomend a racing wheel, does not have to be some top shelf sim wheel.

Im 10 hours into it. Think what happened with this game is hype about what this game did not intended to be and i honestly think most reviewers are on open world bandwagon. That seems to be the trend these days.

Same happened to Destiny.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#41 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

If you need to ask you shouldn't be getting the console

Don't ever apply for an advertising or marketing position.

RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#42  Edited By RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

I've been playing my PS4 more than my XB1 to be honest so good choice on the console :)

These are my top games so far:

• Diablo 3
  • Killzone SF
  • Destiny (Good game, I think the reviews don't do it justice)
  • Shadow of Mordor
  • Last of Us (if it's your first play through)

I bought the following on XB1 but you can get them on PS4 too:

• BF4: I've enjoyed this a lot on XB1, and it's my FPS of choice. Grab it if you're looking for a deeper/full featured FPS, or go with CoD: AW next week for a more arcade-style experience.
  • Assassins Creed: This is ok if you can put up with the linear aspects of the assassinations and following people. I also hate how the series drags you out of the story to modern times and the controls don't seem fluid/natural.

I haven't really rated the titles that PS+ has offered free - most have them have seemed indy/low rent. Hopefully it will get better as more titles come along but I still suggest you subscribe for the multiplayer aspects.

Check out Far Cry 4 next month if you are into open world type games, I played Far Cry 3 on the 360 and loved it.

I've also heard good things about Alien Isolation and Lords of the Fallen.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

Diablo III Reaper Of Souls.

Best RPG on any platform at the moment. With unbelievable replayability.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MarcRecon

old post

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Please don't bump old posts in the future.

Thanks.