GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#401 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@c_rake said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@c_rake said:

Have any of you started being taken to the last post you read in a thread? I just noticed it happening for the last few threads I've clicked on.

@The_Last_Ride said:

Holy crap, EU gets Metal Gear Solid Revengeance, Remember Me, Stranger's Wrath and Motorstorm RC. Sweet! PS+ is awesome

Damn. Wish we got lineups like that over here in the States.

No, and the notifications aren't popping either. Sony isn't doing well in US, that's why. And are the posts being reset? Because they clearly said in the fireside chat that they weren't

Have you tried clicking the arrows at the end of the thread titles? Been working flawlessly for me so far. May take a few seconds to bring you to the proper post, though.

No idea on post counts. Haven't heard anything. I would assume not, since resetting them would suggest we wouldn't have all the threads from the old site carry over. But given that they have...

yeah, that's what i thought. Yeah the feature is finally working for me. It didn't appear to me yesterday

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#402 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@The_Last_Ride said:

yeah, that's what i thought. Yeah the feature is finally working for me. It didn't appear to me yesterday

Wasn't doing this for me either yesterday. Probably just got working today. But better late than never, I suppose.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#403 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts

Well this place has certainly taken off with a huge number of posts. Me likey. Time to play some Fables.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#404 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts

So it's been a pretty productive day. I hate that i couldn't finish plaing To The Moon...but i should be able to swing a few hours tomorrow evening. That game is pretty touching so far. I haven't teared up yet, but i feel it coming on.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator
@chicknfeet said:

So it's been a pretty productive day. I hate that i couldn't finish plaing To The Moon...but i should be able to swing a few hours tomorrow evening. That game is pretty touching so far. I haven't teared up yet, but i feel it coming on.

The tearful stuff doesn't come until the end. Then it just doesn't let up.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#406  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I bought The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena today. When I had an Xbox, I beat Escape from Butcher Bay, so I should be able to get the trophies for it without much trouble.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#407  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Put the GENERAL back in Games Discussion. Would love for you guys who support this idea to chime in on that thread. Maybe if we get our resident mods to back it up that would help as well. I mean, they apparently weren't so attached to the "Primary" tag, so... what the hell? Why not make it the GGD again? It's just a name, but it would be a nice nod to the history of this very long running community. (I know myself, Shame-Us, and Pedro at least have been in here since 2001)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 The_Last_Ride

@c_rake said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Wasn't doing this for me either yesterday. Probably just got working today. But better late than never, I suppose.

kk, glad i am not the only one

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#409  Edited By Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

@Randolph said:

Put the GENERAL back in Games Discussion. Would love for you guys who support this idea to chime in on that thread. Maybe if we get our resident mods to back it up that would help as well. I mean, they apparently weren't so attached to the "Primary" tag, so... what the hell? Why not make it the GGD again? It's just a name, but it would be a nice nod to the history of this very long running community. (I know myself, Shame-Us, and Pedro at least have been in here since 2001)

I still call it GGD, so I would support this.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 The_Last_Ride

@Teufelhuhn said:

@Randolph said:

i wouldn't mind it either

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#411 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

@Teufelhuhn said:

@Randolph said:

didnt it merge with Legacy?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@Allicrombie said:

@Teufelhuhn said:

@Randolph said:

Yes. Your point?

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

It seems like such a minor distinction, but GGD sounds so much better than GD. And the general just makes it sound a bit more open. I think I posted once in PGD, so this sounds like a good idea to me.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By branketra

@c_rake said:
@Allicrombie said:

@Teufelhuhn said:

@Randolph said:

Yes. Your point?

Since it merged with the legacy forum, it is a new place. Calling it what it used to be is unfitting.

Also, I would like it to be General or Primary Games Discussion again and Legacy to be its own forum.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 The_Last_Ride

Why not just call it Primary? I mean it worked fine on the last site

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#416 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@Randolph said:

@Metamania said:

Too bad I can't change the color though - I want it to be black again. :(

Go to the absolute top of the page, upper right corner, tiny little "A", click it.

Thank you man! It looks a lot better now! :)

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator
@The_Last_Ride said:

Because "primary" doesn't roll off the tongue as well as "general." Besides, General Games Discussion is just a better name all around.

@BranKetra said:

Since it merged with the legacy forum, it is a new place. Calling it what it used to be is unfitting.

Also, I would like it to be General or Primary Games Discussion again and Legacy to be its own forum.

Would be nice to see it receive its own board again. Could always try asking the staff what the status on that is, see if it's possible.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By branketra

@c_rake said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Because "primary" doesn't roll off the tongue as well as "general." Besides, General Games Discussion is just a better name all around.

@BranKetra said:

Would be nice to see it receive its own board again. Could always try asking the staff what the status on that is, see if it's possible.

I did make a request.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

So how's the new Gamespot treating y'all?

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 Allicrombie

@bobcheeseball: it's okay.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 The_Last_Ride

@bobcheeseball said:

So how's the new Gamespot treating y'all?

Meh, i have some issues with it i am going to bring up in the feedback forum. You can't search for friends, only a clumsy way to try and find them through pages. The feed is clumsy aswell. You can't go deeper into the history of what friends have done. If someone has written on your wall and other friends have done something in the meantime before you get to answer them, you can't see the freaking message. Preferences are missing for how many topics and pages you want for the forums and a lot of other things. But i won't rant on about it. I have issues with the site.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 Metamania

@bobcheeseball To be honest, it's a bit difficult for me to get used to. It's part of the reason why I haven't been on here as much as I used to be. Everything was a lot more easier to find before and now it's just a mess all around. Even the forums as well. I don't know who is who or who is posting what, so it's impossible to figure it all out. You would need a few weeks...hell, maybe a month or two before you finally knew where everything was!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 The_Last_Ride

@Metamania said:

@bobcheeseball To be honest, it's a bit difficult for me to get used to. It's part of the reason why I haven't been on here as much as I used to be. Everything was a lot more easier to find before and now it's just a mess all around. Even the forums as well. I don't know who is who or who is posting what, so it's impossible to figure it all out. You would need a few weeks...hell, maybe a month or two before you finally knew where everything was!

i don't blame you

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 c_rakestraw  Moderator

@bobcheeseball: I've been enjoying it. Lot more functional and streamlined than the old site ever was. Looks better too.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 The_Last_Ride

@c_rake said:

@bobcheeseball: I've been enjoying it. Lot more functional and streamlined than the old site ever was. Looks better too.

i don't think it's more functional at all to be honest

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@c_rakestraw said:

Except for what it doesn't work. This thread is the only one showing up now, and only the top thread of the top 10 on the front page. *sigh* Oh well, on average, I agree though.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427  Edited By c_rakestraw  Moderator
@Randolph said:

@c_rakestraw said:

Except for what it doesn't work. This thread is the only one showing up now, and only the top thread of the top 10 on the front page. *sigh* Oh well, on average, I agree though.

Eh, it's just launch hiccups. Every site goes through this.

And I see they're still making minor adjustments to the forum aesthetics. Hm.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 The_Last_Ride

did you change your usernam c_rake :o?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 Metamania

@The_Last_Ride said:

Oh wow. I didn't see that until just now. Can admins and mods change their own names and not everyone else or can everyone else do it? I doubt it's the latter.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 The_Last_Ride

@Metamania said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Oh wow. I didn't see that until just now. Can admins and mods change their own names and not everyone else or can everyone else do it? I doubt it's the latter.

Why not? I guess they have their perks being mods and admins

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By yagr_zero

c_rake cheating the system. :P

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By chicknfeet

@Yagr_Zero said:

stuff...

How is Overlord treating you so far?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 The_Last_Ride

@Yagr_Zero said:

He is cheating on all of us :o

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 yagr_zero

@chicknfeet said:

@Yagr_Zero said:

stuff...

How is Overlord treating you so far?

Could be better. I would especially love it more if there was a map of any sort. No map = lots of time spent wandering around lost, which is surprising considering the game doesn't have large open areas like Skyrim or Oblivion even.

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Yagr_Zero said:

He is cheating on all of us :o

How dare he! :o

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#435 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

If you can change your username don't do it, they aren't sure it is working correctly and it can end up messing up your account.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By Metamania

It sucks that Watch Dogs won't be available for launch on the PS4. I was really excited about finally playing it, but that won't happen now. So, from this point on, it looks like I'll be playing Battlefield 4, Call Of Duty Ghosts, Knack, Killzone, and more than likely Assassin's Creed IV on it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#437 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I have the Xbox One on pre order and i've also ordered ryse and dead rising 3

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 chicknfeet

@Metamania said:

It sucks that Watch Dogs won't be available for launch on the PS4. I was really excited about finally playing it, but that won't happen now. So, from this point on, it looks like I'll be playing Battlefield 4, Call Of Duty Ghosts, Knack, Killzone, and more than likely Assassin's Creed IV on it.

I actually don't mind the delay, especially if it means they will have more time to iron out any kinks they have. Don't want to get a broken mess on launch date

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@Yagr_Zero said:

You're cheating the system.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441  Edited By branketra

I went to GameStop today and picked out Uncharted 3 for the PS3 and a PC download code for Skyrim. I am going to get into the modding community for the latter. GameSpot's "Top Five Skyrim Mods of the Week" has plenty of stuff to play with.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442  Edited By Allicrombie

@BranKetra said:

I went to GameStop today and picked out Uncharted 3 for the PS3 and a PC download code for Skyrim. I am going to get into the modding community for the latter. GameSpot's "Top Five Skyrim Mods of the Week" has plenty of stuff to play with.

love Skyrim. I'd like to go through it on PS3 at some point.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@Allicrombie said:

@BranKetra said:

love Skyrim. I'd like to go through it on PS3 at some point.

It's a good time to do so given they've fixed all the horrid performance issues with it. Should mostly be on par with the 360 version now.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 Metamania

I'm sorry, but I can't get into Skyrim. I've tried so hard to like the game, but I can't. I don't know why exactly. Maybe it's too much open-world for me or getting so many quests thrown at you at once that you don't know where to begin. I know that you can go wherever you want, do whatever you want, but it just doesn't do it for me.

chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 chicknfeet

Skyrim is actually ok. The game has a few bugs here and there still, but it's still nothing you can't work through...or just outright skip over. I had a quest completely glitch out on me and now i can't complete it. Not that the rewards from it were all that great. A dragon shout that i have no intention of using. @Metamania, the quests are a bit overwhelming at first, but they did take the time to organize and give some direction on where to go and what to do, as opposed to previous Elder Scroll games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@c_rakestraw said:
@Yagr_Zero said:

your momma... oh wait, perhaps we shouldn't go there :P

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@The_Last_Ride said:

@c_rakestraw said:
@Yagr_Zero said:

A wise choice.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448  Edited By branketra
@chicknfeet said:

Skyrim is actually ok. The game has a few bugs here and there still, but it's still nothing you can't work through...or just outright skip over. I had a quest completely glitch out on me and now i can't complete it. Not that the rewards from it were all that great. A dragon shout that i have no intention of using. @Metamania, the quests are a bit overwhelming at first, but they did take the time to organize and give some direction on where to go and what to do, as opposed to previous Elder Scroll games.

I would like the games I buy to be working one hundred percent of the time I am playing them. I hate that I have to hope for no bugs in a game that got a 94 on Metacritic.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@c_rakestraw said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@c_rakestraw said:
@Yagr_Zero said:

A wise choice.

But you started it :3

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450  Edited By Metamania

@BranKetra said:
@chicknfeet said:

I would like the games I buy to be working one hundred percent of the time I am playing them. I hate that I have to hope for no bugs in a game that got a 94 on Metacritic.

@chicknfeet, yeah, maybe if I give the game a lot more time than I could, maybe my mind would be changed on it. One of the reasons why I was initially excited about the game was due to dragons, which are my favorite fantasy creatures. I've yet to fight a battle with one even! One of my friends told me that you won't fight one until level 7, I think, maybe level 10? Not sure on that. But I do remember watching gameplay footage of a dragon circling around you at some field before swooping down to the ground to fight you. It just looked awesome. Sadly, with work and other priorities taking over, a game like Skyrim may be impossible to play a lot, let alone beating it or even gaining all the achievements.