GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

Been away for a little while, so I hope all is well with you all.

I played this game that I got from Gamefly called 50 Cent: Blood In The Sands and it is atrocious! Such bad voice acting, especially from 50 Cent. "Bitch got my skull!" Really? I wonder if they just shove a tape recorder in front of his face and had him say those lines quickly? Just...wow...and the gameplay is terrible. Not a whole lot of fun either...

Metamania
why did you play it?
#352 Posted by Garfield360UK (19447 posts) -
Is that the one for Xbox 360? I heard it was actually a half decent game, even with the so bad its good voice acting?
#353 Posted by BranKetra (47369 posts) -

I played this game that I got from Gamefly called 50 Cent: Blood In The Sands and it is atrocious! Such bad voice acting, especially from 50 Cent. "Bitch got my skull!" Really? I wonder if they just shove a tape recorder in front of his face and had him say those lines quickly? Just...wow...and the gameplay is terrible. Not a whole lot of fun either...

Metamania
Things are going well. I got Mass Effect 3 again to keep in my collection permanently. I remember X-Play reviewing one of 50 Cent's games was okay. After inspecting metacritic reviews, I am fairly certain it was Blood in the Sand. User reviews can be a good second opinion, though.
#354 Posted by Metamania (11949 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

The_Last_Ride

why did you play it?

Why? Because my curiousity got the best of me, that's why. Fifteen minutes after playing it for the first time, I got sick of it and shipped the game back to Gamefly.

#355 Posted by Metamania (11949 posts) -

Is that the one for Xbox 360? I heard it was actually a half decent game, even with the so bad its good voice acting?Garfield360UK

It's not. It's a horrible third-person shooter that even worse to play. I'll put it to you this way - I'd rather play Army Of Two: The Devil's Cartel over 50 Cent's game.

#356 Posted by Garfield360UK (19447 posts) -
I feel like I saw a quick look of a game with 50 Cent at Giantbomb, but I honestly do not know if it is Blood in the Sand, or something else. Sucks to hear it is not so good after all, but the quick look made it look like a laugh.
#357 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

why did you play it?

Why? Because my curiousity got the best of me, that's why. Fifteen minutes after playing it for the first time, I got sick of it and shipped the game back to Gamefly.

It was a joke :P
#358 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14161 posts) -

I still haven't played Bioshock Inifinite, Splinter Cell Blacklist or GTA V yet I own two copies of Silent Hill 4 The Room. What is wrong with me?

Trying to play it on my 360 is pretty funny. The faces totally fuk up in the cutscenes, black lines tearing through them.

Also replaying Doom 3, I know its an older game but it looks and plays utter crap. Sad really.

#359 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27825 posts) -
I really need to stop playing so much Europa Universalis. >_>
#360 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

I still haven't played Bioshock Inifinite, Splinter Cell Blacklist or GTA V yet I own two copies of Silent Hill 4 The Room. What is wrong with me?

Trying to play it on my 360 is pretty funny. The faces totally fuk up in the cutscenes, black lines tearing through them.

Also replaying Doom 3, I know its an older game but it looks and plays utter crap. Sad really.

Ilovegames1992
 i haven't played GTA 4, GTA V, any Zelda game ever, Half Life, Skyrim, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, Gears of War trilogy, Portal 1 & 2, etc. I am worse off than you, but somehow feel i haven't missed all that much to be honest. Even though these games may be great
#361 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14161 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

The_Last_Ride

i haven't played GTA 4, GTA V, any Zelda game ever, Half Life, Skyrim, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite, Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, Gears of War trilogy, Portal 1 & 2, etc. I am worse off than you, but somehow feel i haven't missed all that much to be honest. Even though these games may be great

I haven't played LoU but i've seen a lot of it. Look great to be honest.

Havent most Zelda games either, just Ocarina and Link to the Past. 

You are definitely missing out on same great titles.

I was mainly just pointing out how I've been reduced to having no quality games but two copies of a pretty sh!t game.

Also, I have Homecoming. The huge turd floating on my toilet bowl collection.

#362 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -
i just wanted to make you feel better :P
#363 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14161 posts) -

And you did slightly. :P

Although my walkman broke today so that sucked huge donkey balls.

#364 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

And you did slightly. :P

Although my walkman broke today so that sucked huge donkey balls.

Ilovegames1992
i lost 600 hours of save on my ps2 memory card, i can match my misery to yours :3
#365 Posted by Metamania (11949 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] why did you play it?The_Last_Ride

Oh I know it was. I guess it's hard for people to still get what's serious or what's joking sometimes. :P

#366 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17559 posts) -
so i was trying out the new site and i hate the fact that clicking topics in forums don't automatically go the last read post
#367 Posted by BranKetra (47369 posts) -
I played one of the multiplayer maps of Mass Effect 3 for the first time yesterday. It is basically the same as Horde mode in Gears of War with some objectives added for some rounds.
#368 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Oh I know it was. I guess it's hard for people to still get what's serious or what's joking sometimes. :P

yeah people these days don't have humor or are trolls :3
#369 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27825 posts) -
I played one of the multiplayer maps of Mass Effect 3 for the first time yesterday. It is basically the same as Horde mode in Gears of War with some objectives added for some rounds.BranKetra
Pretty much.
#370 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -
Yeah, the only reason i am doing it is for the trophies and the "special ending teaser". I hope that has some sort of payoff in ME4
#371 Posted by chicknfeet (15620 posts) -
I played one of the multiplayer maps of Mass Effect 3 for the first time yesterday. It is basically the same as Horde mode in Gears of War with some objectives added for some rounds.BranKetra
I think i may have played about 30 minutes of the multiplayer solo and gave up on it. Seemed like it had some potential, but sadly nobody was around to play it with.
#372 Posted by Metamania (11949 posts) -

The next game that Gamefly shipped off to me is Remember Me. I hope that's a decent effort (the game being the possible decent effort, I mean!).

#373 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

The next game that Gamefly shipped off to me is Remember Me. I hope that's a decent effort (the game being the possible decent effort, I mean!).

Metamania
i so could wish that Gamefly would come to this freaking country. We finally got Gamestop a few years ago, let's hope we get it here soon
#374 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14161 posts) -

Metamania

I've heard its utter crap.

#375 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27825 posts) -
Yeah, the only reason i am doing it is for the trophies and the "special ending teaser". I hope that has some sort of payoff in ME4The_Last_Ride
I haven't heard of a special ending teaser from playing the multiplayer. All it really does it enhance your warpoint score from 50% to 100%. You actually don't have to do any multiplayer and you'll still get enough points to see all the endings.
#377 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Yeah, the only reason i am doing it is for the trophies and the "special ending teaser". I hope that has some sort of payoff in ME4Yagr_Zero
I haven't heard of a special ending teaser from playing the multiplayer. All it really does it enhance your warpoint score from 50% to 100%. You actually don't have to do any multiplayer and you'll still get enough points to see all the endings.

[spoiler] Shepard takes a breath at the end of the credits if you have 100% [/spoiler]
#378 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27825 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] [spoiler] Shepard takes a breath at the end of the credits if you have 100% [/spoiler]

Not really. I got that ending with 50%. 100% warscore potential doesn't reflect that. You get that ending if you choose the Destroy option, unless that absolutely changed everything since the updates (I haven't played ME3 since the updates to the story and everything).
#379 Posted by BranKetra (47369 posts) -
My security software stopped two Trojans from doing damage to my computer in the past two weeks. Both of them were from Team Fortress 2. I thought I would give anyone who plays a warning.
#380 Posted by Metamania (11949 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Ilovegames1992

I've heard its utter crap.

I've heard it's a mixed bag, but that depends on who you are talking to about it.

#381 Posted by Metamania (11949 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

The_Last_Ride

i so could wish that Gamefly would come to this freaking country. We finally got Gamestop a few years ago, let's hope we get it here soon

Where are your current whereabouts?

#382 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

@Yagr_Zero oh. I thought they changed it after the extended ending. Because i played the original ending. I might have to look that up to be certain though

Where are your current whereabouts?

Metamania

Norway

#383 Posted by Allicrombie (25080 posts) -

funky in here.

#384 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

the threads haven't been updated, will they? And our posts counts have been reduced

#385 Posted by Garfield360UK (19447 posts) -

I get the impression any posts made in unions are not going to be included, however, I don't think I have made 19K posts in the main boards so who knows.

#386 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

i am lacking a review and 2k posts, i hope that gets fixed

#387 Posted by MethodManFTW (25337 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: Post counts are getting reset. Lark said people will high post counts will get a Mass Effect 2 completed save game into ME3-ish bonus. Whatever that means.

#388 Posted by Allicrombie (25080 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: Post counts are getting reset. Lark said people will high post counts will get a Mass Effect 2 completed save game into ME3-ish bonus. Whatever that means.

It means your sniper level will be higher than the average peasant.

#389 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

wait what? They said they weren't going to be reset

#390 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27825 posts) -

New layout, and Pokemon is coming out soon!

#391 Posted by chicknfeet (15620 posts) -

New layout, and Pokemon is coming out soon!

Nobody likes Pokemon. You should feel ashamed of yourself Yaz

#392 Posted by starwarsjunky (24672 posts) -

this board...it DOES exist!

#395 Posted by Metamania (11949 posts) -

Too bad I can't change the color though - I want it to be black again. :(

#396 Posted by Randolph (10325 posts) -

Too bad I can't change the color though - I want it to be black again. :(

Go to the absolute top of the page, upper right corner, tiny little "A", click it.

#397 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

Holy crap, EU gets Metal Gear Solid Revengeance, Remember Me, Stranger's Wrath and Motorstorm RC. Sweet! PS+ is awesome

#398 Edited by c_rakestraw (14534 posts) -

Have any of you started being taken to the last post you read in a thread? I just noticed it happening for the last few threads I've clicked on.

Holy crap, EU gets Metal Gear Solid Revengeance, Remember Me, Stranger's Wrath and Motorstorm RC. Sweet! PS+ is awesome

Damn. Wish we got lineups like that over here in the States.

#399 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68582 posts) -

@c_rake said:

Have any of you started being taken to the last post you read in a thread? I just noticed it happening for the last few threads I've clicked on.

@The_Last_Ride said:

No, and the notifications aren't popping either. Sony isn't doing well in US, that's why. And are the posts being reset? Because they clearly said in the fireside chat that they weren't

#400 Posted by c_rakestraw (14534 posts) -

@c_rake said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

No, and the notifications aren't popping either. Sony isn't doing well in US, that's why. And are the posts being reset? Because they clearly said in the fireside chat that they weren't

Have you tried clicking the arrows at the end of the thread titles? Been working flawlessly for me so far. May take a few seconds to bring you to the proper post, though.

No idea on post counts. Haven't heard anything. I would assume not, since resetting them would suggest we wouldn't have all the threads from the old site carry over. But given that they have...