GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="Garfield360UK"]So did anybody pick up Rayman Legends this weekend (or plan to as I understand its out next week in USA)?gpuFX16

I really want to, but knowing how Origins fared in terms of pricing (it got cheaper quick), I think it'd be better to wait in this case. I'd like to get it day one, but I don'thave that kind of cash right now. (College books don't pay for themselves)

On top of that, there's so many videogames that are waiting to be played and beaten in full. Rayman Legends can be found for a good deal...if I remember correctly, I got Origins for a good deal awhile back, worth it!

#202 Posted by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I've been in the PS3 lounge for years, through many stickies and unstickies... It makes zero difference as far as thread activity goes.c_rake

Exactly. If they can make it work, so can you guys.

too many stickies for you to keep track of? I can count em for you if you like. =P
#203 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I've been in the PS3 lounge for years, through many stickies and unstickies... It makes zero difference as far as thread activity goes.Allicrombie

too many stickies for you to keep track of? I can count em for you if you like. =P

Too many stickies these days...I think you would have a hard time in counting them all. :P

#204 Posted by chicknfeet (15629 posts) -
[QUOTE="c_rake"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I've been in the PS3 lounge for years, through many stickies and unstickies... It makes zero difference as far as thread activity goes.Allicrombie

Truth be told, i took a few seconds looking for the thread at the top of the board too :x
#205 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27843 posts) -
[QUOTE="chicknfeet"] Truth be told, i took a few seconds looking for the thread at the top of the board too :x

The lounge has a tendency to disappear after a while. :P
#206 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
i guess it's up to mrmusicman247 to keep this thread at the top of the page GUISE gta v is out in 2 weeks who is READY?
#207 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72255 posts) -
Not getting GTA V :?
#208 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
just like that my energy is gone
#209 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

i guess it's up to mrmusicman247 to keep this thread at the top of the page GUISE gta v is out in 2 weeks who is READY?mrmusicman247

Pre-ordered. Will rocket out of class at noon to be in time for mail. Receive game. Hug delivery person. Social life=irrelevant once disc is in.  

#210 Posted by c_rakestraw (14712 posts) -

just like that my energy is gone mrmusicman247

It was a valiant effort.

#211 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27843 posts) -
just like that my energy is gone mrmusicman247
I might take a pass as well. :P
#212 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
just doing my civic duty seinfeld is the greatest sitcom ever
#213 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27843 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]just doing my civic duty seinfeld is the greatest sitcom ever

I disagree. :P
#214 Posted by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -
Not getting GTA V :?The_Last_Ride
#215 Posted by Blabadon (26564 posts) -
Ban c_rake for being logical
#216 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

Anyone getting Diablo 3 on XBox 360 or PS3 today? I'll be picking up my copy today (XBox 360)! And I'll be getting Ultimate DOA5 too...no Rayman Legends though. Gonna wait until the price drops.

And yes, I have GTA V pre-ordered and paid in full.

#217 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]just doing my civic duty seinfeld is the greatest sitcom ever

well you are objectively wrong. ask alli she knows
#218 Posted by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]just doing my civic duty seinfeld is the greatest sitcom ever

well you are objectively wrong. ask alli she knows

YOU KNOW YOU'RE KILLING INDEPENDENT ALLI.
#219 Posted by chicknfeet (15629 posts) -
Not getting GTA V :?The_Last_Ride
Yeah, i'll let this one sit on the store shelf for a while before i bother with it
#220 Posted by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -

Anyone getting Diablo 3 on XBox 360 or PS3 today? I'll be picking up my copy today (XBox 360)! And I'll be getting Ultimate DOA5 too...no Rayman Legends though. Gonna wait until the price drops.

Metamania
Diablo 3 for PS3 just got here. After reviewing and giving the PC version a 7.0, I'm quite interested to see how the transition to consoles affected the game.
#221 Posted by c_rakestraw (14712 posts) -

Ban c_rake for being logicalBlabadon

But who will you talk about Zero Escape with?

#222 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Allicrombie

Diablo 3 for PS3 just got here. After reviewing and giving the PC version a 7.0, I'm quite interested to see how the transition to consoles affected the game.

Aw, nuts! I was hoping you would get it for 360, so that we can kick some ass on it. Damn. :(

#223 Posted by Allicrombie (25226 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Aw, nuts! I was hoping you would get it for 360, so that we can kick some ass on it. Damn. :(

I'm really off of Microsoft lately, I canceled my XBL sometime ago and gave away my 360 and 40-50 games. I switched to a mac a couple years ago too.
#224 Posted by chicknfeet (15629 posts) -
I'm really off of Microsoft lately, I canceled my XBL sometime ago and gave away my 360 and 40-50 games. I switched to a mac a couple years ago too. Allicrombie
Blasphemous!
#225 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] YOU KNOW YOU'RE KILLING INDEPENDENT ALLI.

that's a shame
#226 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
it was too low so i rectified the situation
#227 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]it was too low so i rectified the situation

giggity?
#228 Posted by MethodManFTW (25781 posts) -
PC > Mac all day. :P Also, oh my word, Saints Row IV is so fvcking fun!!
#229 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]PC > Mac all day. :P Also, oh my word, Saints Row IV is so fvcking fun!!

told ya :P
#230 Posted by MethodManFTW (25781 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]PC > Mac all day. :P Also, oh my word, Saints Row IV is so fvcking fun!!

soooooooooooooo gooooooooood. so glad i bought it!
#231 Posted by MethodManFTW (25781 posts) -
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhdddddddddddddd, I am so sick of petition threads. Why can gamers be so whiny and entitled? That is why I hate "AnnoyedGamer" with a passion. People that are so cynical and negative about this hobby are ridiculous. This is a hobby all about having fun, if you aren't having fun with it, do something else?
#232 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhdddddddddddddd, I am so sick of petition threads. Why can gamers be so whiny and entitled? That is why I hate "AnnoyedGamer" with a passion. People that are so cynical and negative about this hobby are ridiculous. This is a hobby all about having fun, if you aren't having fun with it, do something else?

what thread? and i so agree.
#233 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]PC > Mac all day. :P Also, oh my word, Saints Row IV is so fvcking fun!!

how far are you?
#234 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
is steam down for you MM?
#235 Posted by MethodManFTW (25781 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhdddddddddddddd, I am so sick of petition threads. Why can gamers be so whiny and entitled? That is why I hate "AnnoyedGamer" with a passion. People that are so cynical and negative about this hobby are ridiculous. This is a hobby all about having fun, if you aren't having fun with it, do something else?

The one that caused me to post this is the thread on the PS3 board about NA PS+.. I think I'm almost done with my first play through of SR4.. [spoiler] I just finished the part where David Keith turns on you guys, then you do like one mission and David Keith turns on the aliens. [/spoiler]
#236 Posted by MethodManFTW (25781 posts) -
is steam down for you MM?starwarsjunky
yup. steam down for maintenance shortly.
#237 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhdddddddddddddd, I am so sick of petition threads. Why can gamers be so whiny and entitled? That is why I hate "AnnoyedGamer" with a passion. People that are so cynical and negative about this hobby are ridiculous. This is a hobby all about having fun, if you aren't having fun with it, do something else?

The one that caused me to post this is the thread on the PS3 board about NA PS+.. I think I'm almost done with my first play through of SR4.. [spoiler] I just finished the part where David Keith turns on you guys, then you do like one mission and David Keith turns on the aliens. [/spoiler]

was about to get on with a buddy of mine and hit up the co-op missions but steam apparently hates me. lol. and i think i'm at about that point, as i recall. like i've said before, its definitely my goty. highly doubt anything can dethrone it except MAYBE assassins creed. but i highly doubt it.
#238 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]is steam down for you MM?MethodManFTW
yup. steam down for maintenance shortly.

and gaben's all like
#239 Posted by MethodManFTW (25781 posts) -
AH DUDE SO SORRY IF I JUST SPOILED SOMETHING FOR YOU. :( I saw you had some pretty high level achievements so I figured you beat it already. :( :( Yeah, SR 4 is incredible. Definitely one of my favorite of this year. Last of Us was pretty freaking awesome. Super excited for that DLC. Bioshock Infinite was cool I guess. Doesn't compare to SR 4 and Last of Us as far as quality goes for me. Payday 2 is one of my favorite of this year definitely. But that game is riiiiiiiiiight up my alley. I dunno why I love L4D and Payday so much, but I do. Blacklist is really awesome. Will probably be in my top 10 this year.. Divekick is really great. I have VERY high hopes for Batman Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate.. Watch Dogs looks to be super cool. Beyond Two Souls should be interesting.. I loved Heavy Rain... So far Beyond looks less interesting than Heavy Rain to me, but still interesting. David Cage and Norman Osborne? I'm in. Gone Home was super sweet too. Grid 2 is pretty cool too I guess. I think those are all the games I care about this year. Why did I write that?
#240 Posted by MethodManFTW (25781 posts) -
I mean Keith David!
#241 Posted by starwarsjunky (24735 posts) -
I mean Keith David!MethodManFTW
WAY TO SPOIL IT FOR ME. JERK!!!
#242 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72255 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Not getting GTA V :?chicknfeet
Yeah, i'll let this one sit on the store shelf for a while before i bother with it

i don't know, i think the games are vastly overrated. I still have yet to put my GTA IV disc in my console. It's not that they are bad, but i just think they are overrated.
#243 Posted by MethodManFTW (25781 posts) -
40 minutes later I think I should of drove somewhere instead of delivery Jimmy Johns. -.-
#244 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
i love jimmy johns
#245 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I'm really off of Microsoft lately, I canceled my XBL sometime ago and gave away my 360 and 40-50 games. I switched to a mac a couple years ago too. chicknfeet
Blasphemous!

I was about to say the same thing until you beat me to it! :P

#246 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]PC > Mac all day. :P Also, oh my word, Saints Row IV is so fvcking fun!!MethodManFTW

Saints Row IV is a lot of fun to play through, but the biggest complaint I have is how too easy it was.

A friend of mine and I tackled the game together online through co-op and we basically did ALL the side missions possible and gained collectibles as were doing all of that, so it was VERY easy to just sit there and upgrade all of your powers in no time. Then, once we got the collectible finder, it was just a matter of going to all the places that were left and collecting what we missed before. The storyline missions were a lot of fun to go through as well, but again, WAY TOO EASY, because of what we did beforehand.

I also like to think that the campaign of SR IV was very short compared to the other games.

On a non-related gaming note, I heard about Ariel Castro's hanging. Good f***ing riddance is all I have to say. I care not one bit for a man that commits heinous crimes like that. I'm glad he offed himself. What an asshole...

#247 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
Kingdom Hearts in 6 days. excited
#248 Posted by Metamania (12015 posts) -

Been playing Diablo 3 on 360 lately and I'm having a blast. I'm SO GLAD that I waited for the console port. It looks great, it plays great, and it sounds great. I don't know if I'll attempt to beat the game on higher difficulties, but since I'm an achievement whore every now and then, I might just do that for the sake of getting those and feeling like I've accomplished something awesome. :)

#249 Posted by MethodManFTW (25781 posts) -
I'm SO GLAD that I waited on the console port.Metamania
You have a gaming PC? Nice.
#250 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -
I definitely preordered PS4 along with Driveclub and Killzone Shadowfall. I will get BF4 and COD Ghosts for PC. I will eventually get Xbox One but Im waiting to see if they drop the Kinect from the Package. Plus I hope Microsoft pumps out some more exclusives.