GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Thank you for your question thrown at Lark, @AlliecrombieThe_Last_Ride
ha I tried.

i think he ignored my concerns. People are angry though. Over at Fuse and the unions aswell

I think it'll be fine, they seem really community focused.
#152 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] ha I tried.

i think he ignored my concerns. People are angry though. Over at Fuse and the unions aswell

I think it'll be fine, they seem really community focused.

I still have my reservations
#153 Posted by chicknfeet (15624 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Thank you for your question thrown at Lark, @AlliecrombieAllicrombie
ha I tried.

That was a long question. My head started spinning at some point
#154 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Thank you for your question thrown at Lark, @Alliecrombiechicknfeet
ha I tried.

That was a long question. My head started spinning at some point

Frances needed a break after reading it. =P
#155 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
I think they have forgotten about the core of this site
#156 Posted by MethodManFTW (25513 posts) -
The core of this site is not the forums, I can guarantee you that.
#157 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
The core of this site is not the forums, I can guarantee you that.MethodManFTW
Amen to that
#158 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I think they have forgotten about the core of this siteThe_Last_Ride
If they did they wouldn't spend time every week to talk to people about the new features.
#159 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I think they have forgotten about the core of this siteHaziqonfire
If they did they wouldn't spend time every week to talk to people about the new features.

But they are still deleting unions and removing Fuse
#160 Posted by MethodManFTW (25513 posts) -
I thought Fuse was terrible. I really like the concept, but the design and usibility was not so good imo. And I have to imagine the active # of people in unions has to be veeeeeeeeeery low compared to the total users of Gamespot.
#161 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I think they have forgotten about the core of this siteThe_Last_Ride

they are relocating unions and integrating Fuse features into user profiles. Gosh, people need to relax a little.
#162 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] If they did they wouldn't spend time every week to talk to people about the new features.

they are relocating unions and integrating Fuse features into user profiles. Gosh, people need to relax a little.

it's not the same dude, last time it was alright. People were angry because of the glitches. But nothing else compared to that. This time they are killing off parts of the site people have cared for during the last 10 years. MY union has existed in 8 years and it will be gone after this. We may get a forum, but anyone can ruin the mood and invade it without any problem and we wouldn't have control at all
#163 Posted by chicknfeet (15624 posts) -
it's not the same dude, last time it was alright. People were angry because of the glitches. But nothing else compared to that. This time they are killing off parts of the site people have cared for during the last 10 years. MY union has existed in 8 years and it will be gone after this. We may get a forum, but anyone can ruin the mood and invade it without any problem and we wouldn't have control at allThe_Last_Ride
Have they officially announced what they are adding to the new site other than stuff to the home page and reviews? From what i've seen and heard, they only gave the bad news to the community. Seems like you should wait to jump to conclusions until after they announce everything they're gonna do.
#164 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17572 posts) -
indeed, their strategy seems to be bad news first, good news later. they might even add POST MERGING
#165 Posted by Metamania (11966 posts) -

I thought Fuse was terrible. I really like the concept, but the design and usibility was not so good imo. And I have to imagine the active # of people in unions has to be veeeeeeeeeery low compared to the total users of Gamespot.MethodManFTW

Friends have told me that Fuse is better off played as friends. It's like Gears with sci-fi technology thrown into it.

#166 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]it's not the same dude, last time it was alright. People were angry because of the glitches. But nothing else compared to that. This time they are killing off parts of the site people have cared for during the last 10 years. MY union has existed in 8 years and it will be gone after this. We may get a forum, but anyone can ruin the mood and invade it without any problem and we wouldn't have control at allchicknfeet
Have they officially announced what they are adding to the new site other than stuff to the home page and reviews? From what i've seen and heard, they only gave the bad news to the community. Seems like you should wait to jump to conclusions until after they announce everything they're gonna do.

I am not jumping to conclusions when they have already stated that this is fact and going to happen. Now everything else might be fine and dandy, but to be honest i care most about unions on this site
#167 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Friends have told me that Fuse is better off played as friends. It's like Gears with sci-fi technology thrown into it.Metamania

Eh. Even co-op does little to remedy the boring, derivative gameplay. It's not worth playing. Total waste of time.

Though that isn't the Fuse MethodMan was talking about.

#168 Posted by MethodManFTW (25513 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]Friends have told me that Fuse is better off played as friends. It's like Gears with sci-fi technology thrown into it.c_rake

Eh. Even co-op does little to remedy the boring, derivative gameplay. It's not worth playing. Total waste of time.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Yeah, I was pretty confused there for a minute. :P
#169 Posted by chicknfeet (15624 posts) -
I am not jumping to conclusions when they have already stated that this is fact and going to happen. Now everything else might be fine and dandy, but to be honest i care most about unions on this siteThe_Last_Ride
I'm still optimistic that the system they're building will support a great alternative to the broken unions and dead UCB's
#170 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I am not jumping to conclusions when they have already stated that this is fact and going to happen. Now everything else might be fine and dandy, but to be honest i care most about unions on this sitechicknfeet
I'm still optimistic that the system they're building will support a great alternative to the broken unions and dead UCB's

The broken unions are their fault, we have tried to get things in place for years
#171 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I thought Fuse was terrible. I really like the concept, but the design and usibility was not so good imo. And I have to imagine the active # of people in unions has to be veeeeeeeeeery low compared to the total users of Gamespot.

I like Fuse for the live update for new posts in threads. That was it.
#172 Posted by Metamania (11966 posts) -

[QUOTE="Metamania"]Friends have told me that Fuse is better off played as friends. It's like Gears with sci-fi technology thrown into it.c_rake

Oh THAT KIND of Fuse...

Yeah, my bad.

#173 Posted by chicknfeet (15624 posts) -
The broken unions are their fault, we have tried to get things in place for yearsThe_Last_Ride
Granted, but nothing to do about it now. I know how it is if you are working on someone else's project and they don't leave you any notes to work with. Can't really improve on someone's work if you can't follow their code or logic. Shame on whoever left them for the next person in such a bad state, but from my understanding, the new system they have built is more flexible for adding new modules.
#174 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]The broken unions are their fault, we have tried to get things in place for yearschicknfeet
Granted, but nothing to do about it now. I know how it is if you are working on someone else's project and they don't leave you any notes to work with. Can't really improve on someone's work if you can't follow their code or logic. Shame on whoever left them for the next person in such a bad state, but from my understanding, the new system they have built is more flexible for adding new modules.

You still can't create any private boards or private communities in general
#175 Posted by chicknfeet (15624 posts) -
You still can't create any private boards or private communities in generalThe_Last_Ride
Still kind of silly to dismiss something before you get all of the information on it.
#176 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]You still can't create any private boards or private communities in generalchicknfeet
Still kind of silly to dismiss something before you get all of the information on it.

Not when it destroys things you have held dear for almost a decade...
#177 Posted by MethodManFTW (25513 posts) -

Mod squad you wanna lock this one up? ****

Weird.  Wonder why it would censor the thread title of a Gamespot thread..

#178 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Not when it destroys things you have held dear for almost a decade...The_Last_Ride

Welcome to life: where nothing is fair and things you hold dear never last forever. Get used to it.

#179 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Not when it destroys things you have held dear for almost a decade...c_rake

Welcome to life: where nothing is fair and things you hold dear never last forever. Get used to it.

Well people are abondoning this site because of it, so it shows what people think of it
#180 Posted by MethodManFTW (25513 posts) -
I bet the number of people leaving gamespot over the changes are EXTREMELY LOW compared to the total users of gamespot. most likely a worthwhile exchange to give gamespot modern tech.
#181 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I bet the number of people leaving gamespot over the changes are EXTREMELY LOW compared to the total users of gamespot. most likely a worthwhile exchange to give gamespot modern tech.

Not if you compare it to the people that post the most on this site and just casual users.
#182 Posted by MethodManFTW (25513 posts) -
I'm just talking user numbers.
#183 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

Well people are abondoning this site because of it, so it shows what people think of itThe_Last_Ride

I'll believe it when I see it. Rarely has anyone ever truly followed through on leaving. I expect this will be no different.

#184 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]Well people are abondoning this site because of it, so it shows what people think of itc_rake

I'll believe it when I see it. Rarely has anyone ever truly followed through on leaving. I expect this will be no different.

i already know of three of the biggest unions leaving to other sites believe it or not. I don't know if you or the staff even cares, but i do
#185 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -
howd this thing get unstickied?
#186 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

howd this thing get unstickied?starwarsjunky

Didn't see the need to keep it stickied. It's barely getting any traffic up there, nor is it serving any useful function like the recommendation and remembrance threads. So I figure unstick and see how it fares.

#187 Posted by starwarsjunky (24723 posts) -

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]howd this thing get unstickied?c_rake

Didn't see the need to keep it stickied. It's barely getting any traffic up there, nor is it serving any useful function like the recommendation and remembrance threads. So I figure unstick and see how it fares.

jerk! :evil: [spoiler] :P [/spoiler]
#188 Posted by Garfield360UK (19509 posts) -
So did anybody pick up Rayman Legends this weekend (or plan to as I understand its out next week in USA)?
#189 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
I was looking for the lounge at the top of the page for several seconds, lol.
#190 Posted by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -
You know its not gonna get much traffic if its not on the first page, right? Who wants to go hunt for a lounge?
#191 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
But it's nice to have it and the regular people from this board post in it
#192 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

You know its not gonna get much traffic if its not on the first page, right? Who wants to go hunt for a lounge?Allicrombie

It started as a non-stickied thread and, as I recall, it did just fine, if not better. Don't see why it won't now.

#193 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]You know its not gonna get much traffic if its not on the first page, right? Who wants to go hunt for a lounge?c_rake

It started as a non-stickied thread and, as I recall, it did just fine, if not better. Don't see why it won't now.

i think it should be, everyone knows where it is and can post in it if they want to
#194 Posted by MethodManFTW (25513 posts) -
I've been in the PS3 lounge for years, through many stickies and unstickies... It makes zero difference as far as thread activity goes.
#195 Posted by c_rakestraw (14579 posts) -

I've been in the PS3 lounge for years, through many stickies and unstickies... It makes zero difference as far as thread activity goes.MethodManFTW

Exactly. If they can make it work, so can you guys.

#196 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]You know its not gonna get much traffic if its not on the first page, right? Who wants to go hunt for a lounge?c_rake

This is how the OT Lounge has been in the Wii/Wii U board for a few years, it's worked out fine.
#197 Posted by gpuFX16 (1296 posts) -

So did anybody pick up Rayman Legends this weekend (or plan to as I understand its out next week in USA)?Garfield360UK

I really want to, but knowing how Origins fared in terms of pricing (it got cheaper quick), I think it'd be better to wait in this case. I'd like to get it day one, but I don'thave that kind of cash right now. (College books don't pay for themselves) 

#198 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
oh well, i don't know why you guys really insist on this. But i guess we have no choice
#199 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27831 posts) -
I was looking for the lounge at the top of the page for several seconds, lol.Allicrombie
Oh noes! How horrible of a person to do that to you. :P
#200 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69828 posts) -
I think i might buy myself a vita tomorrow