GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1401 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Where is everyone :o?

I have been using most of my energies to look for a good school to go to. Recently, I found one that has the curriculum I need. My plan is to enroll in a new program there this fall which should be fun. I also work and do self-study. I play games sometimes as well.

i saw you finally added me on PSN :D

#1402 Posted by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

@BranKetra said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

I have been using most of my energies to look for a good school to go to. Recently, I found one that has the curriculum I need. My plan is to enroll in a new program there this fall which should be fun. I also work and do self-study. I play games sometimes as well.

That is my original PSN account. =) Until recently, I had not used it for years. Since I cannot import trophies, I have to earn them again.

#1403 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

That is my original PSN account. =) Until recently, I had not used it for years. Since I cannot import trophies, I have to earn them again.

Oh ok :)

#1404 Posted by chicknfeet2 (32 posts) -

Guess I haven't missed much here

#1405 Posted by Randolph (10344 posts) -

Nope, most of the better regulars have just stopped coming to these forums, outside of really big deals like the upcoming E3.

#1406 Edited by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

Not really.

Most of the site activity is in comments sections and System Wars.

#1407 Posted by chicknfeet2 (32 posts) -

Well whatever. I've been locked out of my main account for months now with no help in sight. If the community is drying up, then one less moderator seems like a small problem in comparison.

#1408 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

A lot of people have left :(

#1409 Posted by BranKetra (47468 posts) -
#1410 Posted by Garfield360UK (19487 posts) -

@chicknfeet2:

Have you tried contacting @DigitalDame about this issue? I noticed a few other users have had issues resolved by Synthia in the past.

But yeah in regards to activity in this thread/board we are open for ideas on how to get people talking.

#1412 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

Well whatever. I've been locked out of my main account for months now with no help in sight. If the community is drying up, then one less moderator seems like a small problem in comparison.

You should be a part of this place!

#1413 Posted by chicknfeet2 (32 posts) -

I've contacted Syn multiple ways off site with no resolve. Not sure if i really care anymore. Doesn't seem like there's a need for moderators anymore with the reduced number of people in the forums. I think i've heard people having to go to Andrew to get their accounts fixed...idk

#1414 Posted by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

I've contacted Syn multiple ways off site with no resolve. Not sure if i really care anymore. Doesn't seem like there's a need for moderators anymore with the reduced number of people in the forums. I think i've heard people having to go to Andrew to get their accounts fixed...idk

I am really sorry about your other account. There definitely is a need for moderators throughout this site.

#1415 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

It would be awesome to have you back

#1416 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

Finally paid off the Dedsec Collectors Edition for Watch Dogs, it did cost me 250 bucks though

#1417 Posted by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

I must say, Dust: An Elysian Tail is the most refreshing game I have played in a while.

#1418 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

I must say, Dust: An Elysian Tail is the most refreshing game I have played in a while.

made by only one dude aswell

#1419 Posted by zeroyaoi (1826 posts) -

Someone made a thread about Rockman in system wars. Fighting the urge to post in it, I don't like the general attitude in that board. D;

#1420 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

Who is that?

#1421 Posted by zeroyaoi (1826 posts) -
#1422 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

@zeroyaoi said:

@The_Last_Ride: oh! It's Megaman. Sorry for the confusion. :P

oh ok, i like being in some discussions. Because i have learned to hold my own now. But i can understand why people shy away from that board

#1423 Edited by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

I finished reading an article about that a moment ago. It confirmed some of my impressions about Dust.

#1424 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

I finished reading an article about that a moment ago. It confirmed some of my impressions about Dust.

I don't know why i never finished it.

#1425 Posted by chicknfeet2 (32 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

I downloaded that game last week and have yet to fire it up. I know everybody keeps saying how good it is, but it's hard to focus my attention on it right now.

#1426 Edited by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

Earlier this evening, I was reminded why I prefer PS3 PSN to 360 Xbox Live. I was subjected to trash talking a little while ago on Gears of War (360). A user decided to say my mother had sexual relations with him. It is a shame that such a good game as Gears of War (GameSpot gave it a ten/Metacritic score of ninety-six) has such poor user behavior. If and when its servers finally go offline and something like GameRanger servers replace them, I hope the community improves. Otherwise, it will lack a major component which made multiplayer very fun at its peak of popularity.

#1427 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

@BranKetra: that's also a reason i stopped playing on 360

#1428 Posted by Behardy24 (2301 posts) -

Earlier this evening, I was reminded why I prefer PS3 PSN to 360 Xbox Live. I was subjected to trash talking a little while ago on Gears of War (360). A user decided to say my mother had sexual relations with him. It is a shame that such a good game as Gears of War (GameSpot gave it a ten/Metacritic score of ninety-six) has such poor user behavior. If and when its servers finally go offline and something like GameRanger servers replace them, I hope the community improves. Otherwise, it will lack a major component which made multiplayer very fun at its peak of popularity.

People still play Gears of War 1!?! If I had still had Xbox Live Gold, I would totally pop that game in, even if I would get thrashed.

#1429 Edited by SoulCane (18 posts) -

l've mostly been playing ps3 collections and lone survivor. More recent and updated hd version games.

#1430 Edited by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

@behardy24: There has only been one night within the past two months when there were no matches for hours.

#1431 Posted by Behardy24 (2301 posts) -

@behardy24: There has only been one night within the past two months when there were no matches for hours.

Whoa, never knew it was so popular, Now I am reconsidering to purchase some Xbox Live Gold just to play that game and some others.

#1432 Posted by Behardy24 (2301 posts) -

@BranKetra: If you want, we could play with each other when I resubscribe to Xbox Live Gold. Maybe play some Co-Op?

Would you be interested?

#1433 Posted by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

Maybe. I wish GameSpot would do a retro game night with Gears of War 1, 2, or 3. I have not played Judgement, yet.

After Resident Evil 4, Gears of War popularized 3rd person shooters even more by including great cover mechanics. However, it has many moments of gore which can be inadvertently dissuading. That probably makes Call of Duty more appealing.

#1434 Posted by chicknfeet2 (32 posts) -

@BranKetra: You can always initialize a game night for retro games. Just a matter of setting a time and day

#1435 Edited by Behardy24 (2301 posts) -

@BranKetra: You can always initialize a game night for retro games. Just a matter of setting a time and day

Agreed. We should all do it.

We just have to make sure the word gets out there, and the way to do that is by pinning a announcement on each and every Discussions page. Even put announcements in comment sections of news articles and videos since a large amount of people use those too.

#1436 Edited by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

@chicknfeet2 said:

We just have to make sure the word gets out there, and the way to do that is by pinning a announcement on each and every Discussions page. Even put announcements in comment sections of news articles and videos since a large amount of people use those too.

That would be overdoing it since some places of GameSpot like Off-Topic Discussion and the Sports forum are unrelated to video games. I will talk with the other moderators and learn what they think.

#1437 Edited by chicknfeet2 (32 posts) -

@BranKetra: Just be sure to approach them with a game plan already set rather than asking for opinions and waiting for others to respond and give you the green light. I've noticed that waiting on a group of people to come to a consensus tends to make the idea fail.

#1438 Edited by BranKetra (47468 posts) -
#1439 Posted by Behardy24 (2301 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

@chicknfeet2 said:

That would be overdoing it since some places of GameSpot like Off-Topic Discussion and the Sports forum are unrelated to video games. I will talk with the other moderators and learn what they think.

I can see why you would think it's overkill, but a number of people exclusively visit the Off-Topic and Sports forums. I don't think anyone would want to leave anybody out of the loop just because they don't visit one of the other boards.

Make sure to keep us notify of what the other mods think! :)

#1440 Edited by BranKetra (47468 posts) -
#1441 Posted by c_rakestraw (14543 posts) -

I find that stuff tends to happen regardless of the service you use. I've been lucky enough to avoid that for the most part (only gotten a handful of such messages in all my time using PSN and Live), but it's still enough to dissuade me from participating in random matchmaking these days.

#1442 Posted by Metamania (11955 posts) -

Been awhile since I've been here. What's going on folks?

#1443 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

Been awhile since I've been here. What's going on folks?

Not a lot, waiting for Watch Dogs

#1444 Edited by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

@c_rakestraw, That is indeed the state of things throughout much of the internet. I have had mostly pleasant experiences on PSN and PC, though. There are newer consoles and updated service policies for them, but the older consoles continue to have online functionality. There simply was not enough done with Xbox Live.

@Metamania, Wolfenstein is on sale, but I am working on my backlog plus trophy hunting. Also, I might go see Godzilla or Days of the Future Past this weekend. I have been interested in doing so for months.

#1445 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

mods, ban those damn bots! I am pretty close on being banned just for reporting them!

#1446 Posted by Behardy24 (2301 posts) -

mods, ban those damn bots! I am pretty close on being banned just for reporting them!

Bots have real taken over the forums. Someone needs to deal with them (Like The Punisher).

#1447 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68858 posts) -

they've been taken down now, but they were spamming this forum

#1448 Posted by Metamania (11955 posts) -

Cool stuff you have going on guys!

I'm having fun with my PS4 these days. It's the only system that I now have. I traded in my Xbox 360 and everything I had for it, got a lot of store credit...enough to basically pre-order all the PS4 games I did intend on playing, such as Watch Dogs, which I'm getting today before I go into work. :)

#1449 Edited by chicknfeet2 (32 posts) -

@BranKetra: Godzilla was a really fun movie. Definitely a lot better than the one they released a few years ago, but to be fair, everything is better than that movie. Went to see X-Men last night and it was an enjoyable film. I'm still kind of a nerd when it comes to comic book movies. If you're able to get past how the writers watered down some of the X-Men and their powers, then the movie is actually pretty good.

#1450 Edited by BranKetra (47468 posts) -

@chicknfeet2 said:

@BranKetra: Godzilla was a really fun movie. Definitely a lot better than the one they released a few years ago, but to be fair, everything is better than that movie. Went to see X-Men last night and it was an enjoyable film. I'm still kind of a nerd when it comes to comic book movies. If you're able to get past how the writers watered down some of the X-Men and their powers, then the movie is actually pretty good.

I agree with you about X-Men: Days of Future Past. It is certainly good. When I see superhero movieverse stuff, I just remember that they all take place in alternate realities from the canon universes (Marvel and DC's, respectively).

I am going to see Godzilla this Thursday.