GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1351 Posted by Metamania (12018 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Metamania: i really hope it's not cancelled.

I totally agree. You can still make an easy mode and let more people play the fracking game and enjoy it...

Yeah, instead of dying too much. I understand what they are trying to do; through trial and error, you finally succeeded and feel rewarded, but it's best not to get overly frustrated about it. After all, it's a videogame...videogames are meant to be fun, not frustrating.

#1352 Posted by Garfield360UK (19753 posts) -

So, anybody picking up Ground Zeroes this weekend?

#1353 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

@Metamania said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Metamania: i really hope it's not cancelled.

I totally agree. You can still make an easy mode and let more people play the fracking game and enjoy it...

Yeah, instead of dying too much. I understand what they are trying to do; through trial and error, you finally succeeded and feel rewarded, but it's best not to get overly frustrated about it. After all, it's a videogame...videogames are meant to be fun, not frustrating.

Exactly, and what is stopping anyone from having fun on easy mode. I mean jeez. If you want to play it on hard just do it.

#1354 Posted by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

@Metamania said:

I'm not interested in Driveclub, to be honest. I have a feeling it's going to be cancelled in the end. That being said, I prefer a new Ridge Racer title than Driveclub, but that's just me.

On another note, I have NO interest in Dark Souls II at this time until they get it, through their thick skulls, that it's not fun to die constantly. It's part of the reason why I got sick of Dark Souls way too fast. If I had an Xbox One today, I would have picked up Titanfall.

I know this is a really old post, but Demon's Souls and Dark Souls both did well, and it appears Dark Souls 2 is doing very well also.. So I think people do have fun with them..

I had a blast with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls personally.. Can't wait for Dark Souls 2 on PC!

#1355 Edited by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

@Garfield360UK said:

So, anybody picking up Ground Zeroes this weekend?

I got it! Finished the main mission last night and I'll be starting the side missions and stuff tonight probably. The game really does look great on PS4 though.. Kojima Productions did great work with the Fox Engine.

Also got FFX HD for Vita yesterday. It looks pretty good.. Will be a good game to play for lunch breaks and stuff...

inFamous this Friday! So excited!

#1356 Posted by Garfield360UK (19753 posts) -

@MethodManFTW:

So does the Final Fantasy HD games on Vita include a save anywhere feature? I ask as I get frustrated playing those games and not being able to save frequently means I feel I have to have long periods free to play the games on the chance there is no save point for a long time. I would play these styles of game more if they had save anywhere features like Elder Scrolls Skyrim has.

#1357 Posted by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

@Garfield360UK said:

@MethodManFTW:

So does the Final Fantasy HD games on Vita include a save anywhere feature? I ask as I get frustrated playing those games and not being able to save frequently means I feel I have to have long periods free to play the games on the chance there is no save point for a long time. I would play these styles of game more if they had save anywhere features like Elder Scrolls Skyrim has.

Not hardbaked into the game, but you can just hit the home button and suspend the game at any point, so basically, yes... You just can't go play any other games until you start playing the game that is on suspend.

#1358 Edited by Garfield360UK (19753 posts) -

@MethodManFTW:

Ah that sounds problematic, as I assume it means having to leave the Vita on to pick back up where you were at?

#1359 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@Metamania said:

I'm not interested in Driveclub, to be honest. I have a feeling it's going to be cancelled in the end. That being said, I prefer a new Ridge Racer title than Driveclub, but that's just me.

On another note, I have NO interest in Dark Souls II at this time until they get it, through their thick skulls, that it's not fun to die constantly. It's part of the reason why I got sick of Dark Souls way too fast. If I had an Xbox One today, I would have picked up Titanfall.

I know this is a really old post, but Demon's Souls and Dark Souls both did well, and it appears Dark Souls 2 is doing very well also.. So I think people do have fun with them..

I had a blast with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls personally.. Can't wait for Dark Souls 2 on PC!

I can't stand games being hard for the sake of being hard. I have other things to do

#1360 Edited by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@Metamania said:

I'm not interested in Driveclub, to be honest. I have a feeling it's going to be cancelled in the end. That being said, I prefer a new Ridge Racer title than Driveclub, but that's just me.

On another note, I have NO interest in Dark Souls II at this time until they get it, through their thick skulls, that it's not fun to die constantly. It's part of the reason why I got sick of Dark Souls way too fast. If I had an Xbox One today, I would have picked up Titanfall.

I know this is a really old post, but Demon's Souls and Dark Souls both did well, and it appears Dark Souls 2 is doing very well also.. So I think people do have fun with them..

I had a blast with Demon's Souls and Dark Souls personally.. Can't wait for Dark Souls 2 on PC!

I can't stand games being hard for the sake of being hard. I have other things to do

In veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery few cases is Dark Souls hard for the sake of being hard. There are a few traps that will probably hit everyone the first time they see it in Dark Souls... and none that I can remember in Demon's Souls.. Can't comment on Dark Souls 2 as I haven't played it yet. Other than that the Souls' series is extremely fair. The game has a rule set that effects everything in the game, you, the enemies, the friendly npcs, the bosses, etc exactly the same. If the PVP bothers you it is wildly easy to bypass completely in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. While it isn't automatically bypass-able in Dark Souls 2 the invasion rate is apparently extremely low.. Vinny from Giant Bomb has put in 35 hours by his last stream and said he hasn't be invaded yet.. Sounds like they have a system that has your invasion rate rise each time you invade other worlds... So if you never invade anyone it is unlikely you be will invaded yourself.

They also aren't extremely long games (if you want them to be) by any means just for one play through.. Think my first time through Demon's Souls was about... 15 hours?

All that being said, obviously there is nothing wrong with not liking Demon's Souls and/or Dark Souls.

#1361 Posted by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

@Garfield360UK said:

@MethodManFTW:

Ah that sounds problematic, as I assume it means having to leave the Vita on to pick back up where you were at?

Yeah but it can be on standby mode which lasts a long time. It actually works really well.. I can't wait until the consoles can do this... Well, I think the Xbox One can do it now.. Xbox Instant On or something like that? It is coming to PS4 eventually.

#1362 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: i got Demon Souls through ps+, i don't see myself touching that game

#1363 Posted by Allicrombie (25239 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW: i got Demon Souls through ps+, i don't see myself touching that game

I plan on finishing that one day.

#1364 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

@Allicrombie said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW: i got Demon Souls through ps+, i don't see myself touching that game

I plan on finishing that one day.

i doubt i will

#1365 Edited by Garfield360UK (19753 posts) -

So after discussing this with a fellow moderator, I thought it would be best to get the boards thoughts on an idea I have. Basically each month we start a new pinned topic on what's coming out that month and what we plan to buy from it etc. Kind of what goes on at Neo Gaf where they do a "post your pick ups" thread. It is something I used to do in one of the unions I was in for a while and it had a fair amount of activity. However, I do not want to step on any toes and I also feel it would be nice if one of the Game Discussion Board regulars made the topic (or we rotated around who does it so everybody gets a fair shot or whatever).

Thoughts?

#1366 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

@Garfield360UK said:

So after discussing this with a fellow moderator, I thought it would be best to get the boards thoughts on an idea I have. Basically each month we start a new pinned topic on what's coming out that month and what we plan to buy from it etc. Kind of what goes on at Neo Gaf where they do a "post your pick ups" thread. It is something I used to do in one of the unions I was in for a while and it had a fair amount of activity. However, I do not want to step on any toes and I also feel it would be nice if one of the Game Discussion Board regulars made the topic (or we rotated around who does it so everybody gets a fair shot or whatever).

Thoughts?

I don't think we need to do it montly, just make a sticky and we post about our recent purchases and recomend stuff to each other

#1367 Posted by Garfield360UK (19753 posts) -

Ok, sounds reasonable. We could just possibly post the new releases for a given month during the topic rather than have it as the opening post every time.

Any other people on board with this/got suggestions/feedback? Also any volunteers to make the topic (do not make it yet, I want to get more feedback from users here first before doing this).

#1368 Edited by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

Can one of you mods remove my signature? Apparently that is the only way for sigs to be removed? -___-

#1369 Edited by c_rakestraw (14722 posts) -
@MethodManFTW said:

Can one of you mods remove my signature? Apparently that is the only way for sigs to be removed? -___-

Do you still need it removed? I can take care of that for you if so.

#1370 Posted by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

@c_rakestraw said:
@MethodManFTW said:

Can one of you mods remove my signature? Apparently that is the only way for sigs to be removed? -___-

Do you still need it removed? I can take care of that for you if so.

Yes please. Thank you!

#1371 Posted by c_rakestraw (14722 posts) -
@MethodManFTW said:

@c_rakestraw said:
@MethodManFTW said:

Can one of you mods remove my signature? Apparently that is the only way for sigs to be removed? -___-

Do you still need it removed? I can take care of that for you if so.

Yes please. Thank you!

And done.

#1372 Posted by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

Thanks amigo!

Your reward:

Rorie always finds the best pups.

#1373 Posted by c_rakestraw (14722 posts) -

@MethodManFTW: He sure does. The undisputed king of pups.

#1374 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

@c_rakestraw said:

@MethodManFTW: He sure does. The undisputed king of pups.

Why is he the undisputed?! I am disputing it :3

#1375 Posted by Jacanuk (4770 posts) -

Hmm, did all the mods go on vacation or something :D because wow the game discussion board is shit right now, someone advertising their shitty youtube crap, half a ton of download this movie pirate style and god knows what else.

#1376 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, did all the mods go on vacation or something :D because wow the game discussion board is shit right now, someone advertising their shitty youtube crap, half a ton of download this movie pirate style and god knows what else.

Dude, it's like Christmas for spambots today. Game of Thrones, Veep, and a few other new seasons for running series. The Country Music Awards, and Wrestlemania 30. The sheer volume of spam today was absurd. I got about a dozen or so this morning, a few more on lunch break from work, and a dozen more after work.

On gaming notes, wow I am bored. The newest PS4 PS Plus free game was Mercenary Kings, and oh man that game sucks. I played it for a hour before the word "boring" began repeating in my head over and over. I forced myself to play just a touch more after that, but yeah no. I hate it. Child of Light, FF14: ARR, and Pier Solar HD (seriously, Watermelon, get it finished!) can't get here soon enough.

Can't be bothered to play Outlast anymore, one and done game.

Ground Zeroes was a bad joke that just pissed me off that I'll be waiting another year or more for Phantom Pain.

I feel so negative and burned out right now.

#1377 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, did all the mods go on vacation or something :D because wow the game discussion board is shit right now, someone advertising their shitty youtube crap, half a ton of download this movie pirate style and god knows what else.

yeah i saw that

#1378 Edited by Jacanuk (4770 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@Jacanuk said:

Hmm, did all the mods go on vacation or something :D because wow the game discussion board is shit right now, someone advertising their shitty youtube crap, half a ton of download this movie pirate style and god knows what else.

Dude, it's like Christmas for spambots today. Game of Thrones, Veep, and a few other new seasons for running series. The Country Music Awards, and Wrestlemania 30. The sheer volume of spam today was absurd. I got about a dozen or so this morning, a few more on lunch break from work, and a dozen more after work.

On gaming notes, wow I am bored. The newest PS4 PS Plus free game was Mercenary Kings, and oh man that game sucks. I played it for a hour before the word "boring" began repeating in my head over and over. I forced myself to play just a touch more after that, but yeah no. I hate it. Child of Light, FF14: ARR, and Pier Solar HD (seriously, Watermelon, get it finished!) can't get here soon enough.

Can't be bothered to play Outlast anymore, one and done game.

Ground Zeroes was a bad joke that just pissed me off that I'll be waiting another year or more for Phantom Pain.

I feel so negative and burned out right now.

Oh, Game of Thrones is back? didn´t even know that.

But ya it was bad, but at least its died down again and you guys seem on top of it.

Mercenary Kings? i heard good things about it, but its not good, darn i was rather looking forward to it after hearing some of the praise.

hehe Outlast, cant believe you still play that, after my first run to the end i knew this was one of those game i would but at the back of the gameshelf.

#1379 Posted by BranKetra (48784 posts) -

Hello, all. I finally got a PS4 today. A little while longer and I can finally broadcast on Twitch regularly.

#1380 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

Mods, i need you to take all the damn spam on the forum here. I have reported a lot of threads now

#1381 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -
@The_Last_Ride said:

Mods, i need you to take all the damn spam on the forum here. I have reported a lot of threads now

Yes sir.

#1382 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

@Randolph said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Mods, i need you to take all the damn spam on the forum here. I have reported a lot of threads now

Yes sir.

IT's been flooded in here today

#1385 Posted by Metamania (12018 posts) -

So am I to assume that this thread is completely dead?

#1386 Edited by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

rip in pizza gdl

#1388 Posted by BranKetra (48784 posts) -

Does anyone have Gran Turismo 6? I would like to know if it is an improvement from the fifth GT.

#1389 Posted by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

Does anyone have Gran Turismo 6? I would like to know if it is an improvement from the fifth GT.

I don't have my PS3 anymore but I did have GT6. Definitely better than GT5.

#1390 Posted by Jacanuk (4770 posts) -

So do any mod know why the tag that used to say "blog" isn't there anymore? because its become a insane nuisance that almost half if not more of the new threads in Games are blogs and totaly irrelevant for anyone not following or showing an interest in that person's opinion.

#1391 Posted by BranKetra (48784 posts) -

I am borrowing Ninja Gaiden 3 from a relative and I noticed something. It apparently has something I have requested before the Xbox 360 came out: A Ninja Gaiden with versus mode. I need to buy an online pass to play it. Before I do, I am wondering if anyone here can tell me about it.

#1392 Posted by Garfield360UK (19753 posts) -

So is anybody doing any gaming over this Easter weekend?

@Jacanuk:

I would bring this up on the Bugs and feedback board, no idea what the issue is from my end.

#1393 Posted by Metamania (12018 posts) -

@Garfield360UK said:

So is anybody doing any gaming over this Easter weekend?

@Jacanuk:

I would bring this up on the Bugs and feedback board, no idea what the issue is from my end.

Wish I was, but I'll be too busy for work today and then I have plans with family on Easter. Not that we are celebrating on a religious aspect of it, but just a dinner at a formal restaurant.

#1394 Posted by BranKetra (48784 posts) -

@Garfield360UK said:

So is anybody doing any gaming over this Easter weekend?

Yes.

#1396 Posted by Jacanuk (4770 posts) -

@Garfield360UK said:

So is anybody doing any gaming over this Easter weekend?

@Jacanuk:

I would bring this up on the Bugs and feedback board, no idea what the issue is from my end.

Abit late but yep did some gaming, got through Jane Jensens Moebius and found a pretty good indie game in early development.

#1397 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

@Garfield360UK said:

So is anybody doing any gaming over this Easter weekend?

Nope, worked all easter.

Is anyone watching Arrow besides me?

#1399 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72488 posts) -

Where is everyone :o?

#1400 Edited by BranKetra (48784 posts) -
@The_Last_Ride said:

Where is everyone :o?

I have been using most of my energies to look for a good school to go to. Recently, I found one that has the curriculum I need. My plan is to enroll in a new program there this fall which should be fun. I also work and do self-study. I play games sometimes as well.