GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1301 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

That won't happen, they are "too good" for us. I have never seen anyone from the main staff post in the forums ever. And i have been here a long time

You weren't always posting in GGD/PGD though. GregK, Alex, and some others used to interact pretty regularly. Unfortunately do did Jeff, which usually didn't end well. As to why they don't interact in the forums anymore now, no idea. I know at least Kevin and Carolyn know how to use forums, hell, they both started off here in the forums as posters and then moderators.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1302 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That won't happen, they are "too good" for us. I have never seen anyone from the main staff post in the forums ever. And i have been here a long time

You weren't always posting in GGD/PGD though. GregK, Alex, and some others used to interact pretty regularly. Unfortunately do did Jeff, which usually didn't end well. As to why they don't interact in the forums anymore now, no idea. I know at least Kevin and Carolyn know how to use forums, hell, they both started off here in the forums as posters and then moderators.

I used to lurk here, but i usually stayed in the unions.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1303 Randolph

@The_Last_Ride said:

I used to lurk here, but i usually stayed in the unions.

Yup, you posted in the wrestling UCB made by Anonymous Broccoli as well I do believe. That forum was great, got a kick out of how RyanTheGod would respond to every thread with "Batista owns".

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1304  Edited By ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

many of these new editors don't even have profiles. I think that's dumb. Nice way to communicate with your user base.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#1305 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Congrats, we have far too few moderators here tbh

We have more in the background than you know who can deal with problems, but I do feel it's important for this forum, what I consider the premiere forum, to have regular moderators who not only deal with trouble but lead by example in taking part in and leading discussion.

I agree here now we just need some of the gamespot staff to do the same and let this become the number one gaming forum and kick some Gaf butt ;)

Used to see a fair number of the old staff post several years ago (just about all of them, really), but they've all moved on elsewhere. It's the current staff we rarely ever see around here.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1306 The_Last_Ride

@c_rakestraw said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Congrats, we have far too few moderators here tbh

We have more in the background than you know who can deal with problems, but I do feel it's important for this forum, what I consider the premiere forum, to have regular moderators who not only deal with trouble but lead by example in taking part in and leading discussion.

I agree here now we just need some of the gamespot staff to do the same and let this become the number one gaming forum and kick some Gaf butt ;)

Used to see a fair number of the old staff post several years ago (just about all of them, really), but they've all moved on elsewhere. It's the current staff we rarely ever see around here.

i remember seing some of them here making topics and stuff, but never really posting when it comes to the old staff(didn't realize those were staff until Randolph said it). But now it seems they are "too good" for us

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#1307  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Nice, so they began here and then became gamespot staff.

But then its strange that you can see kevin and Carolyn post on NeoGaf and also in the gamespot comment section but not here, perhaps they think they are to good now?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1308 The_Last_Ride

@Jacanuk said:

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

But then its strange that you can see kevin and Carolyn post on NeoGaf and also in the gamespot comment section but not here, perhaps they think they are to good now?

That's what i think

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1309 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@Jacanuk said:

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

That or they see the constant vitriol on the forums directed toward them and don't see the point. Probably only use the comments sections out of some sort of executive decision to get them responding to comments on their reviews.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#1310  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Randolph said:

I'm having SPAM for breakfast seven days a week now.

I love spam sandwiches.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1311 The_Last_Ride

@sukraj said:

@Randolph said:

I'm having SPAM for breakfast seven days a week now.

I love spam sandwiches.

yuck, i can't stand it

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1312  Edited By Randolph

33 years old today, started posting here when I was 20. I'm getting old. (that seems like eons ago now, we didn't even have avatars and sigs, but that was green!)

Spent the first part of my day drinking a rolling rock and deleting and banning about thirty spambots. Gonna go have dinner with Dad and my Grandma, also started a weeks paid vacation today. Or as I call it, a staycation. Because I ain't going nowhere or doing nothing. Just relaxing, my way. I only got to take one of my four last year, looking forward to not running myself quite so ragged this year.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#1313 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

@Randolph said:

33 years old today, started posting here when I was 20. I'm getting old. (that seems like eons ago now, we didn't even have avatars and sigs, but that was green!)

Spent the first part of my day drinking a rolling rock and deleting and banning about thirty spambots. Gonna go have dinner with Dad and my Grandma, also started a weeks paid vacation today. Or as I call it, a staycation. Because I ain't going nowhere or doing nothing. Just relaxing, my way. I only got to take one of my four last year, looking forward to not running myself quite so ragged this year.

Good God, you're old. =P

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1314 Randolph

@Allicrombie said:

@Randolph said:

Good God, you're old. =P

N3MO isn't much younger than me, wherever she is. :) Wish we could get her back here.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#1315 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

@Garfield360UK said:

So anybody here looking forward to the new South Park or Thief games?

I don't care much for Thief, but South Park, I'm interested in. It comes out next week.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1316  Edited By Randolph

Thief has all the problems we feared. Squeeked by with a six here on GS. Review makes it sound like it's not for me, and I was on the fence for that one so thats what i was waiting for. Too bad, would have liked to have had a new promising game to play before Infamous SS.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1317 Randolph

Bad news, Harold Ramis, or as I always knew him best, Dr.Egon Spengler, is dead at age 69.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1318  Edited By Allicrombie
@Randolph said:

@Allicrombie said:

@Randolph said:

Good God, you're old. =P

N3MO isn't much younger than me, wherever she is. :) Wish we could get her back here.

I miss Nemo. Havent talked to her in forever. I know she had a rough year in 2013.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1319 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

@Randolph said:

ah, 13 years ago, when Joe Fielder was stll the site director and Greg Kasavin Executive editor. Do you remember the old 'Gamespotting' columns? They were great. I found out you can access them through Wayback Machine. I miss the old staff so much. The current ones; Tom, Chris, Sean, Kevin and Carolyn don't have the chemistry, the humor or the magic of the old crew. The site isn't fun anymore.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1320 The_Last_Ride

Damn, so tired today :(

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1321 Randolph

I just spent the last day and a half marathoning Game of Thrones season 3, (home video box set) and I am just… drained. People warned me that episode 9, Rains of Castamere, would be a roller coaster, and yet I was still not prepared. Game of Thrones is officially the single greatest thing to ever happen to TV.

I grow more and more convinced, three seasons in, that this whole series is really, overall, the story of Daenerys Stormborn, and everybody else happens to be in it. This is going to be like when I beat MGS3 for the first time, or Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, it'll take me days to shake off the emotional imprint this has left on me.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1322 The_Last_Ride

@Randolph said:

I just spent the last day and a half marathoning Game of Thrones season 3, (home video box set) and I am just… drained. People warned me that episode 9, Rains of Castamere, would be a roller coaster, and yet I was still not prepared. Game of Thrones is officially the single greatest thing to ever happen to TV.

I grow more and more convinced, three seasons in, that this whole series is really, overall, the story of Daenerys Stormborn, and everybody else happens to be in it. This is going to be like when I beat MGS3 for the first time, or Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, it'll take me days to shake off the emotional imprint this has left on me.

Yeah, i didn't believe me eyes when i first saw that

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1323 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

So, has anybody picked up any of this weeks releases (i.e. Thief, Plants Versus Zombies, etc) or looking forward to Titanfall, Dark Souls 2?

I have bought Plants versus Zombies Garden Warfare after watching some live footage (such as the Gamespot live show of it). The game looks pretty fun and has that Team Fortress 2 style that I like (i.e. not super serious, and something I can see myself playing for a few minutes or a few hours and having fun with it).

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1324 Randolph

@Garfield360UK said:

So, has anybody picked up any of this weeks releases (i.e. Thief, Plants Versus Zombies, etc) or looking forward to Titanfall, Dark Souls 2?

I have bought Plants versus Zombies Garden Warfare after watching some live footage (such as the Gamespot live show of it). The game looks pretty fun and has that Team Fortress 2 style that I like (i.e. not super serious, and something I can see myself playing for a few minutes or a few hours and having fun with it).

I'm still on the fence with Titanfall, so for that one, I await reviews. I'm also wary of games that depend on me playing other people online after how the Killer Instinct experiment went. I've said no to everything else you listed. Thief I'll get for $30 or less down the road after a good bit of patching if we hit a slow period before the holidays.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1325  Edited By Metamania

@Randolph said:

You and I pretty much came around the same year. When I first started appearing here, I was one of the first two moderators chosen to do the job here, but once I found out how certain people functioned, I decided to step down from it. In a sense, I'm glad I did, because I don't have to worry about spam or flame posts that I need to delete in order to keep the board in an active, clean state. At the same time, I miss the power. :P

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1326 Metamania

@Allicrombie said:

@Randolph said:

Good God, you're old. =P

Hey! It's good to see you again, Alli! I was wondering where you've been lately! Missed having you on here! :)

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1327 Allicrombie

@Metamania: was locked out of GS for a bit. =P

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1328 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

@Garfield360UK said:

Still undecided on purchasing Titanfall and Dark Souls 2. I'm probably going to get South Park Stick of Truth next week.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1329 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@CountBleck12 said:

@Garfield360UK said:

Still undecided on purchasing Titanfall and Dark Souls 2. I'm probably going to get South Park Stick of Truth next week.

I've been making too many gaming purchases lately... Bought a bunch of games on iOS during there big "hardcore (eyeroll) game sale"... Bought Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2.. That game really blows. I think in all my years of gaming that is the first game I really regret buying..

Bought a new case and monitor for PC in anticipation of Titanfall...

And the best part of March... Video games are back!

New games I'll be getting for March: Final Fantasy X HD for Vita, Titanfall for PC, inFAMOUS: Second Son for PS4, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for PS4... Hopefully a PS4 camera too if those things ever come back in stock.

I wonder if I will ever play my 3DS.... -____-

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1330 The_Last_Ride

Anyone surprised by the Stick of Truth score?

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1331 Sefrix
Member since 2011 • 1499 Posts

I'm certainly not. There was no way it was going to be absolutely amazing as a game.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1333 Metamania

@The_Last_Ride said:

I haven't started to play the game yet, but will do so today. I'll find out what you mean hopefully today.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1334 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@The_Last_Ride said:

A little bit. At least it didn't get a 4 as Matt and Trey predicted.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1335 The_Last_Ride

@Metamania said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I haven't started to play the game yet, but will do so today. I'll find out what you mean hopefully today.

Let me know how it is

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1336 garfield360uk

@f22_king_raptor said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Haha I totally forgot about that in the preview trailer. At least they should be happy then, a 7 is pretty good using the 0 to 10 scale.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1337  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Garfield360UK said:

@f22_king_raptor said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

Haha I totally forgot about that in the preview trailer. At least they should be happy then, a 7 is pretty good using the 0 to 10 scale.

Not really on gamespot, but it's a compliment to almost have the same score as Last of Us

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1338  Edited By Sefrix

@The_Last_Ride: When comparing reviews scores, the last thing you want to do is bring up TLoU with those who put enough emphasis in the numbered score to compare in the first place O.o

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1339  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Sefrix said:

@The_Last_Ride: When comparing reviews scores, the last thing you want to do is bring up TLoU with those who put enough emphasis in the numbered score to compare in the first place O.o

It's still almost the same score, you can't deny that

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1340 Sefrix

@The_Last_Ride: Oh of course you are correct there. I just mean the game chosen will put anyone focusing that much on the numerical value into a rage :)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1341 The_Last_Ride

@Sefrix said:

@The_Last_Ride: Oh of course you are correct there. I just mean the game chosen will put anyone focusing that much on the numerical value into a rage :)

I know, but blame gamespot for that :3

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1342 c_rakestraw  Moderator
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Sefrix said:

I blame the idiots who place too much emphasis on meaningless scores instead. Life would be so much better if they didn't exist.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1343 The_Last_Ride

@c_rakestraw said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Sefrix said:

I blame the idiots who place too much emphasis on meaningless scores instead. Life would be so much better if they didn't exist.

meh, i don't really have issues with scores, just bad reviews. And there are two reviewers on this site that are notorious for that unfortunately

Sefrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1344 Sefrix

I wouldn't put the same score as some games have gotten from here, but then again, I also realize it's not my score, it's GS's, and it's not even so much GS's as it is that reviewer being forced to put a numerical value for their feelings on the game.

Then again, I'm fairly unique about the games I like and don't like, I've yet to find a reviewer that matching more than 2/3rds of the time so I just take it all as "I'm not looking for the score, I'm looking to be better educated about the game."

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1345 The_Last_Ride

So according to some news i just gathered, Driveclub will be coming July 27th for Europe, i am guessing american release is 25th. They said it was confirmed and it was no placeholder

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1346 Metamania

I'm not interested in Driveclub, to be honest. I have a feeling it's going to be cancelled in the end. That being said, I prefer a new Ridge Racer title than Driveclub, but that's just me.

On another note, I have NO interest in Dark Souls II at this time until they get it, through their thick skulls, that it's not fun to die constantly. It's part of the reason why I got sick of Dark Souls way too fast. If I had an Xbox One today, I would have picked up Titanfall.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1347 Allicrombie

@Metamania said:

I'm not interested in Driveclub, to be honest. I have a feeling it's going to be cancelled in the end. That being said, I prefer a new Ridge Racer title than Driveclub, but that's just me.

On another note, I have NO interest in Dark Souls II at this time until they get it, through their thick skulls, that it's not fun to die constantly. It's part of the reason why I got sick of Dark Souls way too fast. If I had an Xbox One today, I would have picked up Titanfall.

been watching Kevin stream Dark Souls II, its so funny hearing how much he loves the game and then seeing him get killed again and again.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1348 garfield360uk

I think that is part of the appeal of Dark Souls isn't it? I get the impression that is why people love the series, is that it is an accomplishment to finish a section and the game. The discovery of how the game world reacts in different ways and the sharing of this information seems to be a key part of it. I guess this is why this will not change, it is not trying to be a Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden style of game (well maybe not Ninja Gaiden as that is also tough from what I heard, and the demo I died a lot) but it is doing its own thing. If that does not appeal then that is fine, I understand why, but the game should not be forced to change when it seems it has an audience that likes it for what it is.

Titanfall is another big game as well this month, the reviews seem good so no doubt I will end up getting it if my friends get it as I tend to prefer playing shooters with friends in party/private chat to discuss tactics etc.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1349 The_Last_Ride

@Metamania: i really hope it's not cancelled.

I totally agree. You can still make an easy mode and let more people play the fracking game and enjoy it...