GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

#1203 Edited by Metamania (11863 posts) -

Another game, although the name itself has been mentioned briefly to me, has now caught my eye. That game is the new LOTR game, Shadow Of Mordor.

The video that I saw indicates that the game is heavily inspired by Assassin's Creed and Arkham. I'm hoping it's going to be a next-gen game. If it is, I am very much inclined to pick it up on the Playstation 4.

#1204 Edited by chicknfeet (15590 posts) -

Any US folks doing anything for Super Bowl next weekend? House party or maybe going to a local bar to watch with some friends?

#1207 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65918 posts) -

Seriously, are we getting spam in here aswell now?

#1208 Posted by chicknfeet (15590 posts) -

Unfortunately. It might be like this for a while depending on how things shape up with the community

#1209 Posted by Metamania (11863 posts) -

Bah. Spam, spam, and more spam. Just what this place needs! :P

@chicknfeet I currently have no plans at all. I am not a sports guy, so I could care less who wins the Super Bowl.

#1210 Edited by chicknfeet (15590 posts) -

@Metamania:

Yeah, these two teams don't necessarily interest me. It's more about the social aspect of the event. I have a friend coming in from out of town just to watch the game with me which is really cool. Gotta get my snacks and beer in order before the stores run out of cheese poofs and booze.

#1211 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65918 posts) -

I am curious what my karma is, i have been flagging spam threads left and right. I might get karma banned soon

#1212 Posted by CrimsonBrute (22903 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: You're fine. Still got a way to go before having to worry about that.

#1213 Edited by Business_Fun (2281 posts) -

I recently had a look at my Raptr play summary foir 2013 and it threw up some intriguing results. In first place with 75 hours logged was WWE '13, followed closely by MGR: Rising with 73 hours (take that, 'it only lasts 5 hours' whiners :)) and Dragon Age: Origins with 67 hours.

I know I played a lot of WWE but I had no idea I'd played it that much. I was also puzzled by my rarest achievement being Gunslinger from Metro: Last Light. All you have to is kill at least one enemy with every weapon which wasn't exactly hard so I can't imagine why this one is considered rare.

#1214 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65918 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: You're fine. Still got a way to go before having to worry about that.

ok, because i have only been reporting spam threads and i find it unfair to have karma for that. I was pretty close before christmas ot getting banned

I recently had a look at my Raptr play summary foir 2013 and it threw up some intriguing results. In first place with 75 hours logged was WWE '13, followed closely by MGR: Rising with 73 hours (take that, 'it only lasts 5 hours' whiners :)) and Dragon Age: Origins with 67 hours.

I know I played a lot of WWE but I had no idea I'd played it that much. I was also puzzled by my rarest achievement being Gunslinger from Metro: Last Light. All you have to is kill at least one enemy with every weapon which wasn't exactly hard so I can't imagine why this one is considered rare.

I played 167 hours of Dragon Age on one playthrough, i pretty much did everything when it comes to sidequests and DLC though.

#1215 Posted by BranKetra (46506 posts) -

I am curious what my karma is, i have been flagging spam threads left and right. I might get karma banned soon

Be careful.

#1216 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65918 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Be careful.

i am careful, but i will stop reporting these spam threads if i get karma for no reason

#1217 Posted by chicknfeet (15590 posts) -

I played 167 hours of Dragon Age on one playthrough, i pretty much did everything when it comes to sidequests and DLC though.

I played the hell out of DA:O as well...though i don't think it was 167 hours worth. There were a few DLC's that i skipped, but for the most part, it was all pretty enjoyable.

#1218 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65918 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

I played the hell out of DA:O as well...though i don't think it was 167 hours worth. There were a few DLC's that i skipped, but for the most part, it was all pretty enjoyable.

I love that game, i have playe around 300 hours in total for that game

#1219 Posted by Jacanuk (2769 posts) -

What's going on folks? :)

Nothing here :) reading all the spam on Gamespot

So now i know where to watch some NFL and Football games and if i lived in Scotland i could get a new kitchen :)

#1220 Edited by Randolph (10130 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

So now i know where to watch some NFL and Football games and if i lived in Scotland i could get a new kitchen :)

I really do not get how this is still a thing. I log on every single day to spam. Which still stays up for hours at a time. It's been months now. Something absolutely has to give.

#1221 Edited by Jacanuk (2769 posts) -

@Randolph said:
@Jacanuk said:

I really do not get how this is still a thing. I log on every single day to spam. Which still stays up for hours at a time. It's been months now. Something absolutely has to give.

Ya, even with all the new mods but its a problem when most mods seem to american :)

But i have kinda gotten used to it, i know which posts to skip and which are usually just spam

#1222 Posted by CrimsonBrute (22903 posts) -

I came across a behind the scenes video for South Park Stick of Truth. I laughed at Trey's remark near the end of the video. I wish GS would upload it to the site.

#1225 Edited by Randolph (10130 posts) -

It snowed this morning. That's all I'm going to post today because being asked to post around all this spam thats been up for the last several hours is infuriating, and I'm just not going to do it.

#1226 Edited by Jacanuk (2769 posts) -

What's going on folks? :)

Not a lot studying and reading up on game news.

#1227 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65918 posts) -

I came across a behind the scenes video for South Park Stick of Truth. I laughed at Trey's remark near the end of the video. I wish GS would upload it to the site.

yeah i saw it, the sad part it's going to happen if McShea or Petit review them

#1228 Edited by Behardy24 (366 posts) -

Getting a gaming PC soon. So that's good,but in the way of actually playing games,not so much. But do plan to play all those Games for Gold games that are on my Xbox Hardrive that I haven't got around to.

#1229 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65918 posts) -

Getting a gaming PC soon. So that's good,but in the way of actually playing games,not so much. But do plan to play all those Games for Gold games that are on my Xbox Hardrive that I haven't got around to.

Then what's the reasoning in getting it?

#1231 Edited by Randolph (10130 posts) -

Why is the response time to spam in this forum completely unchanged from a few weeks ago? Didn't they just have a new group of moderators brought on? I'm know I'm hammering on this issue, but the lack of action is frustrating for a guy like me who is on here several times a day. Which is amazing considering the hours at work, but this is my go to place on the net. This is my home. These people are essentially coming in my home and pooping on my table. I don't like it.

#1232 Edited by The_Last_Ride (65918 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Why is the response time to spam in this forum completely unchanged from a few weeks ago? Didn't they just have a new group of moderators brought on? I'm know I'm hammering on this issue, but the lack of action is frustrating for a guy like me who is on here several times a day. Which is amazing considering the hours at work, but this is my go to place on the net. This is my home. These people are essentially coming in my home and pooping on my table. I don't like it.

I am behind you mate, it's irritating

#1233 Posted by CrimsonBrute (22903 posts) -

It's no longer beating a dead horse. You've moved on to beating a cow.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BHh3OcVGYgE/UVTMjSPGvzI/AAAAAAAABRY/WFVWRBaLwXE/s1600/cow.gif

Still working on the "dead" part.

#1234 Posted by c_rakestraw (14459 posts) -
@Randolph said:

Partially my fault. Work's been hammering me with assignments and I'm struggling to keep up. Severely cutting into what little free time I have to check for spam and whatnot.

#1235 Edited by Randolph (10130 posts) -

@c_rakestraw: I don't assign any fault to you, rake. No need to apologize. If you have work, personal issues, etc. that's not something anyone can hold against you. My frustration stems from them bringing on more mods via a draft, and that seeming to have had absolutely zero real effect on response time to spam. You're just one guy, you can only do so much.

#1236 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65918 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Partially my fault. Work's been hammering me with assignments and I'm struggling to keep up. Severely cutting into what little free time I have to check for spam and whatnot.

None of the fault is yours, there should be plenty of mods around doing this

#1237 Edited by Randolph (10130 posts) -

*Obligatory post about the eight spam threads on the front page the whole last hour I've been online ruining my experience in the best time I've got to actually post on any given work day*

#1238 Posted by MethodManFTW (24970 posts) -

Lol, I just don't understand how it bothers you so much.

Started playing Diablo 3 on PS3.. I was a monk on PC, now I'm trying Wizard-dude.. He seems cool..

Want to get a good character to transfer to D3 on the PS4, but I think I'll probably end up just being a paladin when that one comes out..

#1239 Posted by c_rakestraw (14459 posts) -

Finished The Banner Saga. I dare say it's one of the best games of the year. Superb writing, intriguing world, great characters, near-flawless gameplay. Just great stuff all-around. Only wish it hadn't gotten so stupidly difficult right at the very end.

Started playing Diablo 3 on PS3.. I was a monk on PC, now I'm trying Wizard-dude.. He seems cool..

Want to get a good character to transfer to D3 on the PS4, but I think I'll probably end up just being a paladin when that one comes out..

You'd be annoyed too if you woke up to spam taking up the entirely of the board every day.

#1241 Posted by MethodManFTW (24970 posts) -

@c_rakestraw: I do visit the same forums every day and no, I'm not annoyed. :P

#1242 Posted by Jacanuk (2769 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Ya i am wondering the same thing , the mods seem to be active enough but the spam is still here for a pretty long time.

Perhaps the admins should consider getting people from timezones that actually match the spam zones.

#1243 Edited by 1PMrFister (3128 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@Randolph said:

Ya i am wondering the same thing , the mods seem to be active enough but the spam is still here for a pretty long time.

Perhaps the admins should consider getting people from timezones that actually match the spam zones.

Alternatively, they could update the site's registration security to remove the spam problem to begin with.

#1244 Posted by c_rakestraw (14459 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:
@Randolph said:

Alternatively, they could update the site's registration security to remove the spam problem to begin with.

I don't know how much this relates to GameSpot's spam problems, but a lot of the spam Giant Bomb gets apparently isn't posted by bots but actual humans. If that's the case here as well (I honestly wouldn't be surprised), then I don't know if there's any permanent solution.

#1245 Posted by Randolph (10130 posts) -

I don't know how much this relates to GameSpot's spam problems, but a lot of the spam Giant Bomb gets apparently isn't posted by bots but actual humans. If that's the case here as well (I honestly wouldn't be surprised), then I don't know if there's any permanent solution.

More mods is the only solution, (which is an odd thing to say seeing as how they are supposed to have just recently had and completed a mod draft) and a better spread of them across timezones to increase response time. I know they think they have plenty, but if they actually go through and look at who is even remotely active on the forums, they will find out they have much less than it appears they do. (and far too large a concentration of them in Off Topic) From what I saw of the mod queue when I was a 24 hour moderator late last year, it was an unorganized mess. Fixing that would help as well.

#1246 Posted by c_rakestraw (14459 posts) -

@Randolph: Most of the mods from the latest draft came from the comments section, I believe. So until they start feeling more comfortable to start posting on the forums, they won't be much of a solution to our problems here. Need to recruit from the forums to fix that.

#1247 Posted by The_Last_Ride (65918 posts) -

it bothers me aswell, keeps good threads down while spam get's to be on the page

#1248 Edited by MethodManFTW (24970 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

it bothers me aswell, keeps good threads down while spam get's to be on the page

It's pretty easy to click on the next page.

Not that I'm defending spam, but it's relatively harmless.

Not nearly enough for me to constantly complain about.

#1249 Edited by MethodManFTW (24970 posts) -

@1PMrFister said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Randolph said:

Yeah crazy stuff. There is no real benefit to the spammers doing what they are doing.. Don't get it.

#1250 Edited by Randolph (10130 posts) -

@c_rakestraw: It might just be me, but the focus on the comments section by GS is a turn off. Most editors have literally not made a single post on the forums since the new site went up, and interact with members exclusively in the comments of their articles. But the comments are like System Wars circa 2001, a post apocalyptic Mad Max esque waste land where everyone wants to kill you. So yeah, no thanks to that.