GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#451 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27846 posts) -

@c_rakestraw said:
@Yagr_Zero said:

c_rake cheating the system. :P

You're cheating the system.

I always cheat the system. :P

#452 Posted by chicknfeet (15629 posts) -

@Metamania said:

@chicknfeet, yeah, maybe if I give the game a lot more time than I could, maybe my mind would be changed on it. One of the reasons why I was initially excited about the game was due to dragons, which are my favorite fantasy creatures. I've yet to fight a battle with one even! One of my friends told me that you won't fight one until level 7, I think, maybe level 10? Not sure on that. But I do remember watching gameplay footage of a dragon circling around you at some field before swooping down to the ground to fight you. It just looked awesome. Sadly, with work and other priorities taking over, a game like Skyrim may be impossible to play a lot, let alone beating it or even gaining all the achievements.

Yeah, it's a lot and having other obligations makes it pretty much impossible to play. I'm only able to sneak in time to play it because i tend to get 3 day weekends to goof off. The first dragons don't actually show up based on your level. You actually have to run from one in the very beginning of the game. After that, you get to your first town and have a specific quest that triggers your first official dragon fight. It's possible to screw yourself over and go into the fight underleveled. If you can make it past the first few hours, it's pretty fun and exciting...except when you're in the middle of something relaxing or simple and you have a random dragon show up and start attacking you.

#453 Posted by gamingqueen (31076 posts) -

Some people here need to learn to handle different opinion maturely. I wish to not see "you have the balls to come and type this" and "you're surrounded by GTA fans" type of comments in Games Discussion board as I believe it welcomes all opinions. I think such comments encourage cyber bullying. Thanks.

#454 Edited by c_rakestraw (14721 posts) -
@gamingqueen said:

Some people here need to learn to handle different opinion maturely. I wish to not see "you have the balls to come and type this" and "you're surrounded by GTA fans" type of comments in Games Discussion board as I believe it welcomes all opinions. I think such comments encourage cyber bullying. Thanks.

I'll take it under consideration. It's not easy keeping this place clean, so bear with us.

#455 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

What's happening tonight in PDG?

#456 Posted by BranKetra (48777 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

I am going to be doing a few things. Among them, I am testing some Skyrim mods.

#457 Posted by c_rakestraw (14721 posts) -

I swear the spambots have been way more active since the new site launched. Feels like I'm banning several of them a day in this board alone. Ugh.

#458 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Never played that game

@c_rakestraw said:

I swear the spambots have been way more active since the new site launched. Feels like I'm banning several of them a day in this board alone. Ugh.

i have been reporting them when i have seen them

#460 Edited by Yagr_Zero (27846 posts) -

I'm really loving this wonder trade (random trade partners and pokemon) in Pokemon Y. I've been trading low level pokemans and receiving higher levels in return. Not sure if everyone hates me yet. :P

#461 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

@Yagr_Zero said:

I'm really loving this wonder trade (random trade partners and pokemon) in Pokemon Y. I've been trading low level pokemans and receiving higher levels in return. Not sure if everyone hates me yet. :P

i think that was also in Black and White 2

#462 Posted by Metamania (12018 posts) -

@chicknfeet said:

@Metamania said:

@chicknfeet, yeah, maybe if I give the game a lot more time than I could, maybe my mind would be changed on it. One of the reasons why I was initially excited about the game was due to dragons, which are my favorite fantasy creatures. I've yet to fight a battle with one even! One of my friends told me that you won't fight one until level 7, I think, maybe level 10? Not sure on that. But I do remember watching gameplay footage of a dragon circling around you at some field before swooping down to the ground to fight you. It just looked awesome. Sadly, with work and other priorities taking over, a game like Skyrim may be impossible to play a lot, let alone beating it or even gaining all the achievements.

Yeah, it's a lot and having other obligations makes it pretty much impossible to play. I'm only able to sneak in time to play it because i tend to get 3 day weekends to goof off. The first dragons don't actually show up based on your level. You actually have to run from one in the very beginning of the game. After that, you get to your first town and have a specific quest that triggers your first official dragon fight. It's possible to screw yourself over and go into the fight underleveled. If you can make it past the first few hours, it's pretty fun and exciting...except when you're in the middle of something relaxing or simple and you have a random dragon show up and start attacking you.

Yeah, which is why you need to make sure to have the best weapons, armor, enchantments, etc equipped before that happens to you. I don't think I would want to be dragon's food at the end of the day...

#463 Posted by BranKetra (48777 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Never played that game

It is a fun open-world RPG.

#464 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Never played that game

It is a fun open-world RPG.

yeah i know, i have just played other games. I didn't look like a game i would enjoy

#465 Posted by chicknfeet (15629 posts) -

@Metamania said:

Yeah, which is why you need to make sure to have the best weapons, armor, enchantments, etc equipped before that happens to you. I don't think I would want to be dragon's food at the end of the day...

True. Tis a bit of a bummer watching a dragon scoop you up and eat you whole -_-

#466 Posted by King9999 (11835 posts) -

I got a $500 certificate from doing Ubisoft's play test last week. I'll be getting a PS4 with it, but I also wanted to get Watch Dogs. Since that game got delayed, I'm not sure what I can get. Not interested in Killzone, and I have my eye on Knack but I'm not sure about it. Regardless, I'm dead set on a PS4 whether or not I get a game with it.

#467 Posted by MethodManFTW (25785 posts) -

@King9999: Resogun looks really cool. I think that is the only launch game on either console that really interests me.

#468 Posted by MethodManFTW (25785 posts) -

pre-loading arkham origins. wooo friday :D

#469 Edited by Amhp (5 posts) -

@King9999: I also want the PS4 but I'm hoping that a bundle comes out with the PS4 and Vita soon because that is what I'm waiting for.

#470 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

Do you guys think Arkham Origins will be good?

#471 Edited by khaleddwere (8 posts) -

hi

#472 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

@khaleddwere said:

hi

Good day to you

#473 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@c_rakestraw said:

Sounds to me like you guys have too many indians and not enough chiefs. I've seen you as the only mod actively posting in this forum, as rag just resigned and has stopped posting here. I see Yagr and chickenfeet in this thread, but they don't seem to be active in the forum at large otherwise. They get back to having mods designated for one or two forums as their "primary" forums and they'll be doing a lot better. Back in the day we had four or five GGD mods spread out over a decent timezone frame, so no one person took too much pressure for trying to keep it clean.

These days they don't focus on that, they pick a handful of people, and almost all of them come from the same one or two forums. You need more situations where you have people like Haziq, frequent stable posters from a particular forum who lead that community. It's better to have a moderator or two in each forum leading by example, than having total strangers come in when something happens who are unfamiliar with the people and culture of that particular forum. (you need OT regulars moderating OT, System Wars regulars moderating System Wars, etc.) Too many of the moderators are clustered in OT, and that's not a good thing.

#474 Posted by Metamania (12018 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think so, but the only way to know for sure is by playing the game when it comes out on...Friday, I think. Odd, isn't it? Now we have certain videogames coming out on Fridays instead of Tuesdays. What's up with that?

#475 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

@Metamania said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I think so, but the only way to know for sure is by playing the game when it comes out on...Friday, I think. Odd, isn't it? Now we have certain videogames coming out on Fridays instead of Tuesdays. What's up with that?

It's random here in europe, so i don't notice

#476 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@Metamania said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

No idea, I'm used to Nintendo being the only one who does game releases on off days.

#477 Edited by c_rakestraw (14721 posts) -
@Randolph said:
@c_rakestraw said:

Sounds to me like you guys have too many indians and not enough chiefs. I've seen you as the only mod actively posting in this forum, as rag just resigned and has stopped posting here. I see Yagr and chickenfeet in this thread, but they don't seem to be active in the forum at large otherwise. They get back to having mods designated for one or two forums as their "primary" forums and they'll be doing a lot better. Back in the day we had four or five GGD mods spread out over a decent timezone frame, so no one person took too much pressure for trying to keep it clean.

These days they don't focus on that, they pick a handful of people, and almost all of them come from the same one or two forums. You need more situations where you have people like Haziq, frequent stable posters from a particular forum who lead that community. It's better to have a moderator or two in each forum leading by example, than having total strangers come in when something happens who are unfamiliar with the people and culture of that particular forum. (you need OT regulars moderating OT, System Wars regulars moderating System Wars, etc.) Too many of the moderators are clustered in OT, and that's not a good thing.

That's why I'm the only active mod here right now. Everyone else specializes in the other boards. So just as I wouldn't try moderating System Wars of Off-Topic because I don't know anything about how those boards function, they wouldn't try moderating General Games Discussion for the same reason. Wouldn't be such a problem if there were more mods being recruited from here. Haven't gotten any good candidates in a long time. Partially my fault for not being proactive in seeking them out, but still. Not easy when I'm the only one really looking out for this board.

#478 Edited by Yagr_Zero (27846 posts) -

You're not the only active mod here. :P

#479 Posted by King9999 (11835 posts) -

Path of Exile releases in a few hours. Can't wait!

#480 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

The good version of Deus Ex: HR is out now, (my comp-sci major Adam Jensen can actually win boss fights now!) guess I'll try to go find a copy of the Wii U version after I get back from visiting my grandmother. Lucky for them I never got far at all past the very first boss before, so it's a mostly new game to me, and I'm willing to pay $50 for it, especially in light of deciding to hold off on Sonic Lost World for a few months.

#481 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

@Yagr_Zero said:

Do i smell a mod war? 3... 2... 1... Fight!

#482 Edited by CrimsonBrute (23597 posts) -
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Yagr_Zero said:

We need some good fight music.

#483 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

@f22_king_raptor said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Yagr_Zero said:

We need some good fight music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

is this good enough?

#484 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23597 posts) -

It will suffice.

#485 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

I will take bets :3

#486 Edited by BranKetra (48777 posts) -

@Randolph said:

The good version of Deus Ex: HR is out now, (my comp-sci major Adam Jensen can actually win boss fights now!) guess I'll try to go find a copy of the Wii U version after I get back from visiting my grandmother. Lucky for them I never got far at all past the very first boss before, so it's a mostly new game to me, and I'm willing to pay $50 for it, especially in light of deciding to hold off on Sonic Lost World for a few months.

That was one of the cons I remember being why that game did not get higher scores than it did. The Director's Cut got an eight out of ten on GameSpot and the original version an 8.5 here.

Kein Van0rd wrote "Dated, inexpressive character models disrupt emotional engagement." It is not like it is a PS3 to PS4 port.

#487 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

Which only serves to further make me glad that I'm mostly independent of reviews these days. I just don't have the time or energy to care about Gamespots reviews. The reviews are the one thing I just do not place any value on at all here anymore. I might care more what these people have to say on any one game if they were actually part of this community. I can remember when KevinV was fiddlecub and one of us. Now he's like the rest of them, NeoGAF posters who occasionally review games on gamespot.

#488 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

Does anyone know when the embargo for Arkham Origins is up? For the reviews i mean

#489 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

Gamestop is keeping it on the down low, but every store was authorized to take two more Xbone Day One Edition reserves, managers have been handpicking regular customers, (aka people who spend too much money on their hobby, aka me) to float that by. So it looks like I'll be day one after all. ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

#490 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Gamestop is keeping it on the down low, but every store was authorized to take two more Xbone Day One Edition reserves, managers have been handpicking regular customers, (aka people who spend too much money on their hobby, aka me) to float that by. So it looks like I'll be day one after all. ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

you lucky son of a gun

#491 Posted by MethodManFTW (25785 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Which only serves to further make me glad that I'm mostly independent of reviews these days. I just don't have the time or energy to care about Gamespots reviews. The reviews are the one thing I just do not place any value on at all here anymore. I might care more what these people have to say on any one game if they were actually part of this community. I can remember when KevinV was fiddlecub and one of us. Now he's like the rest of them, NeoGAF posters who occasionally review games on gamespot.

lol

#492 Posted by BranKetra (48777 posts) -

I got Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time today and ordered a factory sealed version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 from GameStop. I really do not like buying a game as new, yet it is opened, so I chose to do what I did.

#493 Posted by c_rakestraw (14721 posts) -
@Randolph said:

Indeed. Even more frustrating is that, even when they do post on the forums here, it's almost always in System Wars. System Wars! Ugh.

#494 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

Finally finished Far Cry 3, i really liked that game to be honest

#495 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

I wrote that series off the second I finally played the first one. People tell me the PC version is much better than the console version, but when I got the chance to play it, the two main issues I had, broken stealth and broken AI, were still present. It was really pretty, though. (meh) Crysis was a much, much better game, imo. I bought Farcry 2 when it came out and couldn't play it more than an hour without wanting to kick a puppy, so I never even bothered with FC3.

#496 Edited by Yagr_Zero (27846 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I wrote that series off the second I finally played the first one. People tell me the PC version is much better than the console version, but when I got the chance to play it, the two main issues I had, broken stealth and broken AI, were still present. It was really pretty, though. (meh) Crysis was a much, much better game, imo. I bought Farcry 2 when it came out and couldn't play it more than an hour without wanting to kick a puppy, so I never even bothered with FC3.

If you think that's bad, then play the Wii port of the game. :P

#497 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@Yagr_Zero said:

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

If you think that's bad, then play the Wii port of the game. :P

I'm just enough of a sadist to do it. I did, afterall, play the NES version of Dragon's Lair.

#498 Edited by BranKetra (48777 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

I have reservations about that game because of Far Cry 2. I got FC2 a few weeks ago and it is boring compared to other open world games I have played. I have not played it for weeks. If there are many improvements in Far Cry 3, I would get it.

#499 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72432 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I have reservations about that game because of Far Cry 2. I got FC2 a few weeks ago and it is boring compared to other open world games I have played. I have not played it for weeks. If there are many improvements in Far Cry 3, I would get it.

I think it's one of the best games this generation. You should try it. It's a prime example of an open world. Good story, great open world, great gameplay and great rpg elements

#500 Posted by Metamania (12018 posts) -

## Well, I picked up a Nintendo 3DS XL. I'm very happy with the purchase. It's no VITA, but I think I'll be happy with it.

As for games, this is what I picked up.

Zelda: OoT
Super Mario 3D Land
Tales Of The Abyss
Pokémon X
NEW Super Mario Bros 1 (I wanted to get 2, but they were out of stock)

Oh and the nice thing about all of this? Because I work for Target, I have a 15% discount, the 5% coming from a Target credit or debit card and the 10% coming from my team member discount. So I think today was awesome. :)