GD Lounge- The Next Generation Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

So as a long time lurker but not big poster, it seems like it is time to start the new Primary Game Discussion lounge.

To get the ball rolling, have any of you pre-ordered any of the new consoles due out?

What have you been playing?

How are your wallets post Steam sale?

Personally I have been playing a bit of all sorts at the moment. Ranging from Formula One and Sonic Racing Transformed to NBA 2K13 and Reus ,thank you Steam sales!

Also there is a big month rolling around soon with Saints Row 4 and many other games starting off the big push this autum/winter for big game releases. However, saying that, Shadowrun Returns is out this week on Steam and may be worth a look.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy talking about games.

Also, if this post is stepping on any toes regarding who starts the new lounge please feel free to lock this topic in the interest of fairness.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

Stickied since c_rake was looking for this. :P

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I have the PS4 pre-ordered with four games right now....

Battlefield 4
Knack
Watch Dogs
Killzone: Shadow Fall.

I was hoping Diablo 3 would be a PS4 launch title, but it's not, so I can wait on that and play on 360. :)

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

Battlefield 4
Knack
Watch Dogs

I was hoping Diablo 3 would be a PS4 launch title, but it's not, so I can wait on that and play on 360. :)

Metamania
preordered the ps4, i think i only have assassins creed preordered so far, but that'll definitely change before launch.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Ooooo. Fresh thread.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#6 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Stickied since c_rake was looking for this. :Pgbrading

I specifically requested it not be stickied, if you were paying attention, so... oh, forget it.

Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts
I'm not pre-ordering anything. I will wait it out a looooooong time. I will get both the One and PS4 eventually. For now, I want to get Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and EDF 2025. I'm currently still playing TLoU.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Battlefield 4
Knack
Watch Dogs

Metamania
I didnt preorder any games yet, since games usually arent hard to find, compared to systems at launch.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 garfield360uk
So is anybody here interested in the Xbox One, I must admit, I really want to play Forza Motorsport 5. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out and what release dates are for the machines, I am guessing information will be from Gamescom, is that usually held in August?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Garfield360UK"]So is anybody here interested in the Xbox One, I must admit, I really want to play Forza Motorsport 5. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out and what release dates are for the machines, I am guessing information will be from Gamescom, is that usually held in August?

Nope... Not really interested in PS4 either. I'm still leaning towards getting a gaming PC, perhaps a PS4 mid cycle if there's a few first party games that interest me.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Battlefield 4
Knack
Watch Dogs

Allicrombie
I didnt preorder any games yet, since games usually arent hard to find, compared to systems at launch.

i just do it for convenience, so it comes straight to my door :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Metamania

I'm not pre-ordering anything. I will wait it out a looooooong time. I will get both the One and PS4 eventually. For now, I want to get Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and EDF 2025. I'm currently still playing TLoU.Hseptic
I don't think EDF 2025 doesn't come out until early 2014, but I know DOA5U is out September 3rd...I'm looking forward to playing that one. I'm just waiting for Gamestop to update their list so that I can pre-order it from my store.
So is anybody here interested in the Xbox One, I must admit, I really want to play Forza Motorsport 5. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out and what release dates are for the machines, I am guessing information will be from Gamescom, is that usually held in August?Garfield360UK
Not really. The damage has already been done to Microsoft One and I want to see them expand and grow for awhile before I settle down to buy an Xbox One as well.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 garfield360uk
I will be curious to see how it plays out, for the time being I feel like the Xbox One is where I will go first and then maybe get a PS4 a couple of years into the lifespan if Naughty Dog and other studios have got some nice exclusives that I can only play on PS4 (I was torn between the two but half the games I am interested in are indie titles I can get on Steam so it sort of cut the library of games that I could only play on it or a console, like Fifa 14 using the new engine only on the Xbox One or Playstation 4). That's how I saw it for myself though. The exclusive line up and multiplatform games means the Xbox One seems like my preference and then maybe the PS4 in the future. I really want to see Project Gotham Racing make a comeback mind!
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] I'm still leaning towards getting a gaming PC, perhaps a PS4 mid cycle if there's a few first party games that interest me.

Smart man.
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts
It smells like stale feet in here... No, i have not pre-ordered a console and i really don't plan on getting one when they first come out. I am really behind with this generation of games. So many games...so far behind T_T I actually went ahead and bought my copy of Saints Row 4 from Amazon last week. So that should be at my door step a few days after release. I'm pretty sure i'll still be playing Skyrim at that point anyway. Freak...there are so many side quests to do in that game! And i still haven't finished RDR. AND...i just downloaded AC2 from XBL. I love getting free games :P
gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#16 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

[QUOTE="gbrading"]Stickied since c_rake was looking for this. :Pc_rake

I specifically requested it not be stickied, if you were paying attention, so... oh, forget it.

Argh! I'm so sorry I totally skipped over that. :oops: My main desire was for you to see it. :P

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 garfield360uk
[QUOTE="chicknfeet"]It smells like stale feet in here... No, i have not pre-ordered a console and i really don't plan on getting one when they first come out. I am really behind with this generation of games. So many games...so far behind T_T I actually went ahead and bought my copy of Saints Row 4 from Amazon last week. So that should be at my door step a few days after release. I'm pretty sure i'll still be playing Skyrim at that point anyway. Freak...there are so many side quests to do in that game! And i still haven't finished RDR. AND...i just downloaded AC2 from XBL. I love getting free games :P

Haha sounds good, hopefully Saints Row 4 will live up to expectations, the third game is pretty great from what I have played.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Metamania

[QUOTE="chicknfeet"]It smells like stale feet in here... No, i have not pre-ordered a console and i really don't plan on getting one when they first come out. I am really behind with this generation of games. So many games...so far behind T_T I actually went ahead and bought my copy of Saints Row 4 from Amazon last week. So that should be at my door step a few days after release. I'm pretty sure i'll still be playing Skyrim at that point anyway. Freak...there are so many side quests to do in that game! And i still haven't finished RDR. AND...i just downloaded AC2 from XBL. I love getting free games :PGarfield360UK
Haha sounds good, hopefully Saints Row 4 will live up to expectations, the third game is pretty great from what I have played.

Are you going to be picking up Saints Row 4 on launch or are you going to wait on it for a bit? I already have my copy pre-ordered at my local Gamestop and I'm very excited about it. Been a fan since the original...the original, in fact, was the hardest one, IMO, very challenging, but satisfying to go through. The last two games were also challenging, but once you maxed out everything in the game, it was pretty easy and some of the distractions also took long to do. Hopefully, the fourth one will spruce things up! :)

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 garfield360uk
I am in the UK (well I guess my username gives that away somewhat haha) so assuming we get it on the Friday the same week it comes out in USA (usually a Tuesday thing isn't it in USA?) then I will see how the reviews go. If the game gets good scores and Giantbomb do a Quick Look and the game is fun then I may get it. It comes out here just when I get a vacation from work so I may pick it up as a treat. In terms of the other Saints Row games, I have not played Saints Row 2, however I did play the first. It was not the worst game by any means, but it did not hook me in, I feel like the third game made a step up in quality and the humor also works to its advantage making it different from the GTA games.
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chicknfeet
[QUOTE="Garfield360UK"]I am in the UK (well I guess my username gives that away somewhat haha) so assuming we get it on the Friday the same week it comes out in USA (usually a Tuesday thing isn't it in USA?) then I will see how the reviews go. If the game gets good scores and Giantbomb do a Quick Look and the game is fun then I may get it. It comes out here just when I get a vacation from work so I may pick it up as a treat. In terms of the other Saints Row games, I have not played Saints Row 2, however I did play the first. It was not the worst game by any means, but it did not hook me in, I feel like the third game made a step up in quality and the humor also works to its advantage making it different from the GTA games.

The second game was surprisingly entertaining. I rented it first just to kill some time and ended up having a really great time with it. Luckily, i was able to buy it used from a movie rental store for $5...so i got more than my money's worth. I've definitely been hooked ever since...playing through each game twice --- all side quests included
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
You guys like Kavinsky?
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Oh goddamn c_rake, you locked that thread. I wanted to call that person a stupid f*ck. :(
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#23 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Oh goddamn c_rake, you locked that thread. I wanted to call that person a stupid f*ck. :(Blabadon

There's always PMs...

Not that I'm condoning such action.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Oh goddamn c_rake, you locked that thread. I wanted to call that person a stupid f*ck. :(

you just got McShea'd, son. =P
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] you just got McShea'd, son. =P

Boo. :P
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I have both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on pre-order.  PS4 at GameStop and XBO at Amazon (couldn't get to GameStop in time to guarantee a day one edition).

I will definitely buy Killzone for PS4 and Dead Rising 3 for XBO on day one.  I will get other games too, namely Watch_Dogs and ACIV, I'm just unsure of the platform.  I'm leaning PS4, though, because of the remote play feature with Vita.

As for what I've been playing, Borderlands 2 on PC is about all.  I picked up the season pass during Steam's summer sale, which gave me lots of reasons to get back into the game.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 haziqonfire

I finally beat Fire Emblem: Awakening. So good! My favourite 3DS game by far, and my favourite game I've played all year.

Now I'm trying to finish Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon before I move onto SMT IV and then Mario & Luigi next month. 

What is everyone else playing?

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
Still holding out on pre orders, I want to see Gamescom first. Xbox could win me over with a Fable 4 announcement, but if Sony announces some M.I.A games such as Agent or The Last Guardian, I'lll be sold.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Metamania

Still holding out on pre orders, I want to see Gamescom first. Xbox could win me over with a Fable 4 announcement, but if Sony announces some M.I.A games such as Agent or The Last Guardian, I'lll be sold. Granny_Spanked

Fable 4 would be a great addition to XBox One, but I think I'll be satisfied enough with Fable Anniversary once that comes out in stores. A cool fact is that I was able to pre-order FA on Amazon for a mere $30! That's a steal in my book! :D

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Metamania

I am in the UK (well I guess my username gives that away somewhat haha) so assuming we get it on the Friday the same week it comes out in USA (usually a Tuesday thing isn't it in USA?) then I will see how the reviews go. If the game gets good scores and Giantbomb do a Quick Look and the game is fun then I may get it. It comes out here just when I get a vacation from work so I may pick it up as a treat. In terms of the other Saints Row games, I have not played Saints Row 2, however I did play the first. It was not the worst game by any means, but it did not hook me in, I feel like the third game made a step up in quality and the humor also works to its advantage making it different from the GTA games.Garfield360UK

Yeah, videogames usually come out on Tuesdays, with the exception of Nintendo's titles (I think some of them, if not most or all, come out on Sunday, I think?). So it's really just a matter of going into the store and pick it up. Problem is, I may be working on Tuesday of that day (August 20th), so I'm hoping that I can get the day off so that I can pick it up, go back to my place, and play it.

You should definitely go back and play the second game. It may not be completely perfect, but the humor and craziness as a whole starts from there. Not saying that Saints Row 1 was crazy, because it is, but they stepped it up big time with all that in SR2. Worth going through at least once.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 garfield360uk
Ah yes it is problematic when working on a day that a game comes out (I have had that happen a few times where something comes in the post then I have to go to work literally minutes later). But ah well, it allows me to get the games in the first place.
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chicknfeet

[QUOTE="Granny_Spanked"]Still holding out on pre orders, I want to see Gamescom first. Xbox could win me over with a Fable 4 announcement, but if Sony announces some M.I.A games such as Agent or The Last Guardian, I'lll be sold. Metamania

Fable 4 would be a great addition to XBox One, but I think I'll be satisfied enough with Fable Anniversary once that comes out in stores. A cool fact is that I was able to pre-order FA on Amazon for a mere $30! That's a steal in my book! :D

If they do a Fable 4, i hope they go back to their roots just because they did Fable 1 so well. Maybe it wasn't so well, but it was very memorable since it was the first game. Seems like they should be able to build on what was already good and just do more in addition to all of that goodness.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Allicrombie

I finally beat Fire Emblem: Awakening. So good! My favourite 3DS game by far, and my favourite game I've played all year.

Now I'm trying to finish Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon before I move onto SMT IV and then Mario & Luigi next month. 

Haziqonfire
lots of Animal Crossing!
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Blabadon

Haziqonfire
Code of Princess. It's so fun.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 haziqonfire
lots of Animal Crossing!Allicrombie
Me too! You should visit my town! It's way cool. I promise. [QUOTE="Blabadon"] Code of Princess. It's so fun.

I haven't really looked into that, looks fun. I beat Luigi's Mansion today so I moved onto SMT IV.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]lots of Animal Crossing!Haziqonfire
Me too! You should visit my town! It's way cool. I promise.

I'd like too, havent gone to another town or had a visitor yet! My code is 1392 - 4953 - 3932
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 haziqonfire

I'd like too, havent gone to another town or had a visitor yet! My code is 1392 - 4953 - 3932Allicrombie

I've added you. I'm usually on in the evening (EST).

0516 - 7294 - 2711.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Allicrombie

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I'd like too, havent gone to another town or had a visitor yet! My code is 1392 - 4953 - 3932Haziqonfire

I've added you. I'm usually on in the evening (EST).

0516 - 7294 - 2711.

Just added you, apparently I'm always on lol.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yagr_zero
So many people playing Animal Crossing. :P
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Allicrombie
So many people playing Animal Crossing. :PYagr_Zero
u jelly?
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blabadon
Yo, everyone add me, I want as many 3DS friends to compensate for the nasty empty cards in my friends list because some people didn't add me.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 yagr_zero
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"]So many people playing Animal Crossing. :PAllicrombie
u jelly?

Should I be? :P
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"]So many people playing Animal Crossing. :PYagr_Zero
u jelly?

Should I be? :P

um yes?
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 garfield360uk
Wow, Metamania. It's like you knew. Saints Row 2 and 3 are both in the new Humble Bundle. Worth a look for any of you who play games on PC as there are a few others thrown in there (and apparently Metro may be thrown in at some point as well) and you get to choose if you want to donate a percentage of your choice to charity and to Humble (who run the deals).
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 yagr_zero
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] um yes?

So how's your town look? :P
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] um yes?

Its usually nice and clean, no weeds. I havent done any public works yet but the museum has most of the fish in the exhibits and an awful lot of fossils. I planted a bunch of different fruit trees too.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 yagr_zero
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Its usually nice and clean, no weeds. I havent done any public works yet but the museum has most of the fish in the exhibits and an awful lot of fossils. I planted a bunch of different fruit trees too.

That sounds good. Paid off your debt yet?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] um yes?Allicrombie

Its usually nice and clean, no weeds. I havent done any public works yet but the museum has most of the fish in the exhibits and an awful lot of fossils. I planted a bunch of different fruit trees too.

I set the flower ordinance ... now I have flowers everywhere, but I get lazy to water them unless they're in front of my house. 

I have a random yield sign because the bunny told me she wanted it. Seems dumb.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Allicrombie
[QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Its usually nice and clean, no weeds. I havent done any public works yet but the museum has most of the fish in the exhibits and an awful lot of fossils. I planted a bunch of different fruit trees too.

That sounds good. Paid off your debt yet?

a few times.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Allicrombie

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Yagr_Zero"]So how's your town look? :PHaziqonfire

I set the flower ordinance ... now I have flowers everywhere, but I get lazy to water them unless they're in front of my house. 

I have a random yield sign because the bunny told me she wanted it. Seems dumb.

I did the keep the town beautiful one so I dont have to pull as many weeds. You'll have to let me know when you open your gate so I can come visit.