GBA Link to the Past: Not saving

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrMcGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 MrMcGhee
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I recently purchased a GBA SP along with Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past and Pokemon Sapphire. I thought everything was good, I was saving and playing LTTP, turning the gameboy on and off. I turn on the gameboy again to play, and it starts me off at the language screen, and my save files were non-existent. I started over again, played for a bit, and turned the game boy off, only to find the same thing happen once I turned it on again. I know the issue is with game, because Sapphire work fine, I already have several hours save on it. Anybody know what could be the problem?

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

The game cartridge likely uses a small watch battery to maintain the save data, your save battery is probably dead.

They're easy to replace, you need a tri-wing screwdriver and the correct battery. All the required tools/parts can be obtained on amazon.

Search google for "replacing GBA save battery" and you'll find how-to guides on fixing the issue.

MrMcGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 MrMcGhee
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Thanks. I've looked around on different forums, and I was getting mixed info about what GBA games used save batteries and flash memory.