Gaming's Most Overrateed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

In this poll, we have some highly respected games, and all of them have been called the greatest games of all time by many gamers. Rather than picking your favorite of the five, as usual, you will be choosing which of these masterpieces are the most overrated, and aren't actually as good as the fans claim.

Avatar image for NationProtector
NationProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 NationProtector
Member since 2013 • 1609 Posts

In this poll, we have some highly respected games, and all of them have been called the greatest games of all time by many gamers. Rather than picking your favorite of the five, as usual, you will be choosing which of these masterpieces are the most overrated, and aren't actually as good as the fans claim.

conkertheking1
Again :(
conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 conkertheking1

[QUOTE="conkertheking1"]

NationProtector

Again :(

when else

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Out of those games I've actually only played Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil 4.  I loved Resident Evil 4 and think it still deserves all of the praise it gets.  Ocarina, not as much...I never got into the 3D Zeldas.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

lmao oblvion the best game of all time.  that is a good one.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Morrowind followed by SOTC. Of those listed OOT but only because I think ALTTP, MM, TP and even the Oracle games are better.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Out of that list I would say Zelda: OoT.  Don't get me wrong I love the game, but I've seen it top a few all-time lists.  With that, I definitely do not think it is the best game ever made that is for sure! 

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

On the list Id say RE4, mostly because I felt like it steared the series in the wrong direction. A close a second place is Halo though; a very good FPS game, but people acted like everything it did was so revolutionary when games had been doing the same thing for years. 

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
I voted for Resident Evil 4. The game is bad and Capcom should feel bad for making it...
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

OoT- Brought Zelda in 3d in a big way.

FF7- Same as above

RE4- Made RE a smash hit, while later games became more action oriented this game struck a perfect balance (arguably until the island) that the series hasnt matched since.

Halo- The one thing I'm fuzzy on (not very brushed up on the history of the console FPS atm). However, one could argue it was the smash hit that SAVED the Xbox, and brought FPS from the computer, on to the TV succesfully. It kicked off the mainstream spread of system linking, and killing your buds on a single screen.

Which leaves Oblivion- Dont get me wrong, this is a great game. I have sunk a lot of time into it (thinking about jumping back in too). However unlike others on this list it wasnt groundbreaking, or as much so. Morrowind (to me at least) is the better game and always will be. What Oblivion did was really bring in the next gen of graphics. I remmeber thinking it was gorgeous at the time. But compared to others on the list, and its predeccor it didnt do as much.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts
Oblivion is fun but extremely glitchy so must be seen as slighly overrated Ocarina of time is very good but not as good as people say so that must also be slighly overrated Final Fantasy 7 I didnt play because I hate the jrpg genre, as I find it to be boring and not much like a proper game at all Resident Evil 4 is a gaming masterpiece, and the best game for PS2, and anyone who considers to be overrated should be shot! And Halo is also a gaming masterpiece and in many ways revloutionized the FPS genre, so once again, anyone who considers it overrated should be shot!
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Oblivion - Looks great as long as i don't play it.
Ocarina of Time - No interest in.
Resident Evil 4 - Loved it.
Halo 1 - Enjoyed it while it lasted despite its numerous flaws, and the stinky pustule of fanboys who kneel at its feet.

Final Fantasy 7 - Yeah, really don't see any attraction; dreadful game. And books have better stories.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Out of those, easily Oblivion. Still, I think a lot of us thought it sucked from day 1 though.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#14 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 - Yeah, really don't see any attraction; dreadful game. And books have better stories.

BarbaricAvatar

Don't books have better stories than video games in most cases? Just wondering.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 conkertheking1

Resident Evil 4 is a gaming masterpiece, and the best game for PS2, and anyone who considers to be overrated should be shot!

And Halo is also a gaming masterpiece and in many ways revloutionized the FPS genre, so once again, anyone who considers it overrated should be shot!I-AM-N00B

Do you like to shoot things or what?