Gaming argument that makes no sense

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by da_illest101 (7417 posts) -

I'm always baffled when someone complains about the fanbase of a series having different opinions. A fanbase is not one person with one taste. Something that was enjoyable to one person can be an absolute boredom to someone else. How can someone say that, for example, the final fantasy or the Zelda fans are horrible, give them X and they will complain that is not enough like Y, give them Y and they will complain it's not enough like X. No sh*t Sherlock, hundred, thousands or even millions of different people are voicing a different opinion. Yet people group them has if they were one person.

#2 Posted by drekula2 (1906 posts) -

There's so many.

1. On disc DLC "HOW DARE YOU MILK ME FOR MORE MONEY!!" - Off disc DLC "Yay!"

2. This game has no flaws. It deserves a 10.

#3 Posted by DonkeyBrains (36 posts) -

You can't really judge a population based on a couple ragers on the internet. Plenty of people are satisfied with the games they get, you just don't realize it because they aren't complaining about it on the internet. If you ARE going to judge from people on the internet, then Nintendo probably has the least hate, from actual people who own their consoles. Zelda has consistently received >8.5 review score averages not only from publishers, but from user reviews as well. Forum-goers often base their arguments on what they see or hear, not actual numbers.

#4 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70660 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

There's so many.

Well that's actually a legitimate complain. Locking content on the disc for something you already paid for and paying more for something that is clearly on the disc is total and utter bs

#5 Posted by JustPlainLucas (73588 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

There's so many.

2. This game has no flaws. It deserves a 10.

Well.. off disc DLC could have been in development after the game went gold. Now, most Day One DLC I'm wary off, but any content locked out on a disc to be purchased later is despicable.

#6 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

There's so many.

Ah yes, locking away content you technically already have just to increase the price of the product is totally the same as paying for something that's developed after the initial game.

#7 Posted by kingcrimson24 (456 posts) -

its the internet , people just like to fight over personal references . its not just gaming , its same with music , movies , mobile phones ......

#8 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Any "used games are bad for the industry" arguments should automatically fall under this thread. Also, any argument that makes one of these fallacies will count.

#9 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16675 posts) -

When people bitch about a game being too linear. There are a ludicrous number of overly linear games on the market today, and many of them are touted as some of the best (Arkham Asylum immediately springs to mind). Yet if a game like FFXIII is linear (btw JRPGs are, as a whole, extremely linear; they only give the illusion of freedom) then people call it shit.

Being linear does not inherently make a game bad.

That and people who get wet dreams over the technology of a game. A game can have the most impressive technology every used to make a game, but if it's not fun to play, then it's a bad game.