deactivated-5e15a0bff04c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5e15a0bff04c3
Member since 2016 • 118 Posts

i am going to turn in far cry 4 and an xbox 360 to my local gamestop.

It says on the website that far cry 4 is 10 dollars, is this true.

Does gamestop have any trade in fees, or will I get the amount that it says on the website.

People claim that they got ripped off at gamestop because they charge a refurbish fee on consoles and games.

Please do not say find out yourself or tell me to call gamestop

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

No, there is no fee on used game trade-ins that I have ever seen.

People hate GameStop because it's "the man" and GameStop resells things for more than they paid us and we think that is "wrong" for some reason. I think a lot of that attitude is entitled and over the top. I read some statistics on their business model once that were very enlightening - for example, they pay customers more, on average, for used games than their profit margin is on selling the same games new. Of course one isn't making a "profit" on one's trade-ins, but the fact is this means you are earning more on your used crappy disc when you give it to them than they make on the new-in-box version of the same game (on avg - obviously some of our really old stuff gets pennies on trade-in)

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

If a game requires refurbishing, you'll get a fee otherwise no fees. and exactly what @xantufrog said, people hate because GameStop is 'the man'.

Velius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Velius
Member since 2016 • 66 Posts

Don't understand trading in games. I still have all my games from every generation. If you ever get an itch to play a golden relic, but you've sold it? You're gonna hate yourself.

NingYupOwaDat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NingYupOwaDat
Member since 2016 • 182 Posts

@velius:

Me neither, I have spent the last 10 years buying back almost every Ps2 game that I traded in years ago. I can also say the same about consoles like is the pittance they will pay you for a 360 really worth not having one anymore.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

They're going to rip you off regardless though.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

Always better to sell privately if you want to get maximum dollars. Other than that, keep it!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e15a0bff04c3
deactivated-5e15a0bff04c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5e15a0bff04c3
Member since 2016 • 118 Posts

@xantufrog: so does that mean i will get the amount of credit it says on the website.

Example: i will get 10 dollars from far cry 4, no less

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@awkwardblobfish: I've never been paid less - but they might have fine print about missing cases, scratches, etc etc that an individual store might use to try to give you less. I'd bring the online trade-in price info with you on your phone or whatever so that you can show it to them if they try to offer less

Jacqueline1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jacqueline1985
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

I did a trade in for cash on my white Wii with remote and all the cords. Before I went to the shop I checked the website which gave me a $20 cash or $25 store credit estimate, I walked out with $8.50. The employee said it was a refurbishing fee. I had traded in three nun-chucks a few weeks ago and received a total of $6...no refurbishing fee.

I thought that fee was only for games or if there was something wrong with whatever you trade in.....am I confused?

And yes, I realize i should've sold it private party and gotten way more than that. I am definitely kicking myself in the butt right now.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#11 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

@velius said:

Don't understand trading in games. I still have all my games from every generation. If you ever get an itch to play a golden relic, but you've sold it? You're gonna hate yourself.

If you have the space, that's a great idea but not everyone can afford to store hundreds of old games.

Dumped around 400 Gamecube games and you know, I don't hate myself. I'm grateful for the trade in I got (not at Gamestop, competitor). And if I ever feel the need to play a relic, the feeling passes when I stop and think about all the great current gen games that I've yet to play/finish.

It's a fine line between being a collector and a horder.