Gamestop trade in deal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6010 posts) -
My local Gamestop just informed,me yesterday of a trade in deal they've got running until the end of the month- when you trade your games in, if you make a preowned purchase at the same time, you get an extra 50% store credit(plus your powerup rewards 10% will stack). I actually made an additional $29+ ffor buying a $5.00 game.
#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29964 posts) -
You're still beeing ripped off for trading in games.
#3 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

when they do the extra 50% thats generally the only time I'd ever consider trading to them.

During the last event I traded a copy of New Super Mario Bros. I bought for $11 for $25. So it was a profit at any rate.

#4 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6010 posts) -
You're still beeing ripped off for trading in games.MonsieurX
No, I'm selling games that I no longer play because I don't presently have the disposable income required to purchase the game(s) nearing release that I want. Big difference. What makes more sense? Holding onto a game I don't play and getting nothing for it, or selling that game during a 'free bonus credit' event at a reputable retailer? 'Sides, I'm just trying to inform the folks who haven't jumped on the 'F*** Gamestop' bandwagon
#5 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

You're still beeing ripped off for trading in games.MonsieurX

It depends on the game you're trading in and if you do it when these types of offers happen.

#6 Posted by GAMESHARQ (5988 posts) -
Depending on the game's condition, you would still probably get significantly more for it by selling it on eBay.
#7 Posted by kaealy (1456 posts) -

'Sides, I'm just trying to inform the folks who haven't jumped on the 'F*** Gamestop' bandwagonEl_Zo1212o

So, you're helping OTHER people getting ripped off? Doesn't seem like the decent thing to do.

#8 Posted by Metamania (11996 posts) -

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] 'Sides, I'm just trying to inform the folks who haven't jumped on the 'F*** Gamestop' bandwagonkaealy

So, you're helping OTHER people getting ripped off? Doesn't seem like the decent thing to do.

Whatever he does is really his own business. If he wants to help himself to a deal like this, let him.

#9 Posted by kaealy (1456 posts) -

[QUOTE="kaealy"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"] 'Sides, I'm just trying to inform the folks who haven't jumped on the 'F*** Gamestop' bandwagonMetamania

Whatever he does is really his own business. If he wants to help himself to a deal like this, let him.

I agree. However helping gamestop by giving the illusion that it is a good deal and thereby foulin' people, isn't really ok in my book.

#10 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18394 posts) -
"A royal deal! Don't miss it!" - Satan
#11 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6010 posts) -
Holy Christ! All I did was post a Gamestop deal thread, and now I'm the enemy of democracy or something? Look, selling on Ebay is a hassle and it can even cost you money if the item doesn't sell. Selling on craigslist gives you about a 50/50 shot of getting robbed at gunpoint. Selling to friends isn't always an option if none of them want the game. Selling to Gamestop is simple- bring in your stuff, they tell you what they'll pay and you decide whether or not to sell. What's the big %7_(ing deal? Why is it cool to hate on Gamestop? I like the people who work there(most of them, anyway), and I like buying games with input from people who play them, and I like selling my crap with ease when I need to.
#12 Posted by Calvin079 (16406 posts) -

My local Gamestop just informed,me yesterday of a trade in deal they've got running until the end of the month- when you trade your games in, if you make a preowned purchase at the same time, you get an extra 50% store credit(plus your powerup rewards 10% will stack). I actually made an additional $29+ ffor buying a $5.00 game.El_Zo1212o
ooooo. I may have to phone my EB Games to see if it works for pre-orders as well.

#13 Posted by GAMESHARQ (5988 posts) -
You're going to preorder a preowned game? Good luck with that!
#14 Posted by Calvin079 (16406 posts) -

You're going to preorder a preowned game? Good luck with that!GAMESHARQ
I thought it as for new games not used ones :oops:

#15 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6010 posts) -

[QUOTE="GAMESHARQ"]You're going to preorder a preowned game? Good luck with that!Calvin079

I thought it as for new games not used ones :oops:

Buy a copy of two worlds or something(I bought NBA 2k9) when you trade in your stuff and you can apply the credit to your preorders- I paid off my Captain America: SS and put a chunk down on Batman:AC.
#16 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6010 posts) -
I agree. However helping gamestop ... and thereby foulin' people, isn't really ok in my book.kaealy
Five games = 90.00 credit averaging 18.00 a piece on trade-ins isn't fouling anybody, pal.
#17 Posted by Calvin079 (16406 posts) -

[QUOTE="kaealy"]I agree. However helping gamestop ... and thereby foulin' people, isn't really ok in my book.El_Zo1212o
Five games = 90.00 credit averaging 18.00 a piece on trade-ins isn't fouling anybody, pal.

:shock: that's a good deal.

#18 Posted by kaealy (1456 posts) -
[QUOTE="kaealy"]I agree. However helping gamestop ... and thereby foulin' people, isn't really ok in my book.El_Zo1212o

Console games in sweden costs around 699(109$) swedish kr at release and I could easily sell them for 400-500 kr at tradera(swedish equivalence to ebay) without much hassle during the games life time. Therefore I think Game and Gamestops business practice is horrendous, and without the offer you mentioned it is totally a rip off. I've helped tons of friends with ordering games from the internet just because they would go to Game or Gamestop otherwise, they're casuals and sadly don't know better.
#19 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6010 posts) -
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="kaealy"]I agree. However helping gamestop ... and thereby foulin' people, isn't really ok in my book.kaealy

Console games in sweden costs around 699(109$) swedish kr at release and I could easily sell them for 400-500 kr at tradera(swedish equivalence to ebay) without much hassle during the games life time. Therefore I think Game and Gamestops business practice is horrendous, and without the offer you mentioned it is totally a rip off. I've helped tons of friends with ordering games from the internet just because they would go to Game or Gamestop otherwise, they're casuals and sadly don't know better.

Fortunately, I don't live in sweden, so I don't have to worry about such ridiculously inflated prices for my gaming habit. And good on you for helping them save money buying games, but the topic for discussion here is SELLING games. Thanks for playing.
#20 Posted by AJV91 (238 posts) -
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]My local Gamestop just informed,me yesterday of a trade in deal they've got running until the end of the month- when you trade your games in, if you make a preowned purchase at the same time, you get an extra 50% store credit(plus your powerup rewards 10% will stack). I actually made an additional $29+ ffor buying a $5.00 game.

Are you 100% sure it's until the end of the month? A gamestop employee told you? I called my local gamestop and the worker doesn't even know. Haha. I plan on trading in some games, but not until next friday.
#21 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6010 posts) -
[QUOTE="AJV91"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]My local Gamestop just informed,me yesterday of a trade in deal they've got running until the end of the month- when you trade your games in, if you make a preowned purchase at the same time, you get an extra 50% store credit(plus your powerup rewards 10% will stack). I actually made an additional $29+ ffor buying a $5.00 game.

Are you 100% sure it's until the end of the month? A gamestop employee told you? I called my local gamestop and the worker doesn't even know. Haha. I plan on trading in some games, but not until next friday.

yeah, the GS clerk told me the order had just come down from on high that day and that the deal would be running until the 31st.