GameSpot ending most of their live shows

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

The Lobby and Now Playing are now the only live shows that GameSpot plans to run. All other live shows will be cancel.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (12788 posts) -

More room for promo videos (brought to you by Activision).

#3 Edited by Buckhannah (475 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

More room for promo videos (brought to you by Activision).

Every time I see that, I make a point NOT to watch it. Sad to see Gamespot's disarray and lack of identity continue. Hope they figure out who and what they want to be soon.

#4 Posted by loafofgame (816 posts) -

Sigh, the live shows are what I like most about Gamespot. A lot of the staff on other websites does not resonate with me at all. I'm encredibly spoiled though. I came here during the days that they had multiple live streams almost every day. That pretty much became my standard, but from there you can only go downhill, of course...

#5 Posted by InSayNine (15 posts) -

Gamespot is lost atm.

#6 Edited by Jimmy_Russell (980 posts) -

Gamespot should hire gamers instead of "personalities" because, quite frankly, I just ignore their reviews and videos for the time being. Too much politically loaded sensationalist articles, I want something with actual gaming substance, not the same drivel I can dig up on any old web site.

#7 Posted by Mesomorphin (864 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

The Lobby and Now Playing are now the only live shows that GameSpot plans to run. All other live shows will be cancel.

Thoughts?

GS is going f*cking mad at the moment.

#8 Edited by Jacanuk (5624 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

Thoughts?

Its just the live shows and GAmespot have always had a problem drawing in people for them these days, not even when they picked up some noname twitch streamer did they get a real boost.

I remember their charity stream and never recall them going over 1000-1500 at any time, during the uk stream is was really bad.