Games your looking forward to: Next-Gen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Edge_Plus (13 posts) -

I don't have a next-gen yet (but I'll probably be getting it christmas or so) but these are a few games that I'm excited for the Xbox One. Some exclusive, some non-exclusive.

Titanfall:

Looks like a mix between CoD and some type of Mecha game (Gundam? sorta?) They say it is going to be mostly multiplayer based (From a few old developers of CoD 4) and I'm guessing will have a small 4-7 hour campaign. This game looks really fun because it's bringing a new way of fighting to FPS and getting rid of that CoD feel. (CoD is getting real old now) Hopefully it will be successful as it seems.

Destiny:

Not entirely sure which systems it comes out for but I'm pretty sure it's definitely coming out for Xbox One since it's made from Bungie. This game has a Halo and Borderlands feel IMO because of the free world, alienish type characters and

the class system. This game looks really promising.

NBA 2K14 Next Gen:

Dying Light:

A free-running zombie game, how more epic can that shit get?

Quantum Break:

I dunno but looks cool af.

What bout y'all?

oh yeah... Elder Scrolls Online too...I guess.

#2 Posted by XenoLair (4755 posts) -

Mostly Fallout 4.

Everything else I'll try if I have the time but doesn't impress.

#3 Posted by Edge_Plus (13 posts) -

@XenoLair said:

Mostly Fallout 4.

Everything else I'll try if I have the time but doesn't impress.

is that confirmed? If not when do you think it will come out? 2014? 2015?

#4 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -
#5 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

I am looking forward to Mighty No. 9, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, Final Fantasy XV, Deep Down, Infamous: Second Son, Child of Light, DriveClub and Transistor; these are currently the video games I am looking forward to playing on the PlayStation 4. If there really is a Fallout 4 coming, then I am looking forward to that too, as it will be the first Fallout video game I get a chance to play; I never got the chance to play Fallout III or any of the older video games of the Fallout series.

#6 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Infamous: Second Son, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age 3, and Destiny are the big ones right now.

I want to see more on The Order 1886 and Uncharted before getting excited.

Other than that, the games I'm looking forward to immensely next year are current gen, being Dark Souls II and Persona 5.

#7 Posted by marcheegsr (2433 posts) -

Fallout 4 and the next Mass effect . Epicness.

Also looking forward to watch dogs and Drive club.

#8 Posted by Namgis (3570 posts) -

Confirmed:

• The Evil Within
  • UC4
  • Battlefront
  • Driveclub
  • MGSV
  • Deep Down

Inevitable:

• GTAVI
  • any Zombie survival horror RPG
#9 Edited by moix123 (67 posts) -

Final Fantasy X/X2 HD

#10 Posted by XenoLair (4755 posts) -

is that confirmed? If not when do you think it will come out? 2014? 2015?

Not confirmed but I'm guessing an announcement is due out in December and release next year.

#11 Posted by johnd13 (7816 posts) -

Dragon Age 3, Witcher 3, new Mass Effect, Fallout 4(we all know there's going to be one) and Watchdogs though I don't really see this as a "next-gen" title.

#12 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8597 posts) -

Of the games that have been confirmed and shown

-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (My most anticipated game for next gen. Retro's DKCR is among the top 2 best games I played last gen and I expect great things from this sequel)

-Bayonetta 2 (I'm a huge fan of hack n slash games and the bayonetta series is very strong)

-Super Smash Bros. (Just a super enjoyable game with friends that everybody can enjoy)

-inFAMOUS Second Son (I had a blast with the first two games. I'm still waiting on them to show some good and evil powers. It's starting to worry me that they haven't shown anything about the karma system)

What I'm excited to see

-The next Zelda

-The next Metroid

-Rocksteady's next project (They shot to the very top of the best developers with their work last gen)

#13 Posted by Chozofication (2687 posts) -

I really can't wait for the Witcher 3. I have high, high hopes for that game. I think the next Uncharted could be good, and Infamous looks cool. Other than that, the next *true* 3D mario won't be out for a while, and maybe next Zelda but i'm looking towards that with caution.

I feel burnt out on Mario Kart and Smash bros., don't even know if i'll get those. Nintendo really needs to refresh things badly.

#14 Posted by DangerRemix (189 posts) -

Only 3 games I m looking forward to this next gen. H-hour on ps4, or pc, metal gear solid 5, and Mario Kart 8 on the wii u.

#15 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69101 posts) -

Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 4 and Battlefront 3 are on top of that list

#16 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Rime, for sure.

Infamous and Drive Club are looking great, too.

#17 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Uncharted 4
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son
  • Kingdom Hearts III
#18 Posted by Randolph (10346 posts) -

I really want to be excited for FFXV, but after the FFXIII trilogy debacle, I'm feeling a good bit hesitant. They really need to reach backwards into their catalogue and play their own games to remind themselves why they used to be so good in the first place. Besides that the most imminent release that intrigues me is D4, because I love me some Swery65.

#19 Posted by antwon78 (194 posts) -

Fallout 4

The Division

Drive Club

MG 5

Destiny

Titanfall

The Witcher 3

Uncharted

Infamous

Dying Light

The Evil Within

#20 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -
  • The next Fallout
  • The Next Elder Scrolls
  • The next Final Fantasy
  • A next gen Gran Turismo
  • Infamous
  • The Order: 1886 looks interesting from what little I've seen
#21 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

Mario Kart 8

Final Fantasy XV

The Witcher 3

Fire Emblem vs Shin Megami Tensei

Fallout 4

Dragon Age 3

Infamous: Second Son

Destiny

Zelda U

#22 Posted by sukraj (21641 posts) -

Dead Rising 3

Ryse Son of Rome

Wolfenstein The New Order

Sunset Overdrive

Fable Legends

Destiny

Fifa 14

Mad Max

#23 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8611 posts) -

Does Wii U count as Gen 8. Cause I really wana get my Bayonetta 2 on.

#24 Edited by hotdiddykong (2047 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:
Regardless of what People say, it IS

#25 Posted by hotdiddykong (2047 posts) -

Titan Fall and Destiny are both looking fantastic, really anticipating what their doing.

Donkey Kong Country Returns was amazing and Tropical Freeze is only gonna push it especially with more better scenery and the return of David Wise

Considering how well the freeform open world no handholding system worked in Link Between Worlds im really excited to see on the new 3D Zelda if they incorporate the system

That one game whose name i cant seem to remember that Naughty Dog showed a teaser of for the PS4

Also who can forget Smash, Halo 5 and the rest

and we all know the VGX's this saturday is gonna have "WORLD PREMIERS"

#26 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

Yes. Most of its games are in native 1080p while most PS3 and 360 games are native 720p. Therefor my tv says 'yes' it's current gen as opposed to last gen.

#27 Edited by Chozofication (2687 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Yes. Most of its games are in native 1080p while most PS3 and 360 games are native 720p. Therefor my tv says 'yes' it's current gen as opposed to last gen.

Wow, the belief that Wii U is a 1080p machine has really spread. But it really isn't, it's built for 720p games.

Wind Waker's an HD remake and runs at 30fps with framerate drops, Smash bros. has very simple backgrounds and is a fighter, and Mario Kart may be 720p and isn't confirmed either way. 3D world is certainly 720p and so is Pikmin. Most of its games are 720p and the one's that aren't are simpler games and older ports.

#28 Posted by Bishop1310 (902 posts) -

An elder scrolls title. Besides the elder scrolls online. Another single player or coop experience please.

#29 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Wow, the belief that Wii U is a 1080p machine has really spread. But it really isn't, it's built for 720p games.

Wind Waker's an HD remake and runs at 30fps with framerate drops, Smash bros. has very simple backgrounds and is a fighter, and Mario Kart may be 720p and isn't confirmed either way. 3D world is certainly 720p and so is Pikmin. Most of its games are 720p and the one's that aren't are simpler games and older ports.

Well the reason I thought that is when I hit the info button on my tv, for SM3DW specifically, it says "1080p" so naturally I assume it's native, but I guess the Wii U upscales it. When I check games like Beyond Two Souls it says "720p" on PS3, but some PS3 games say "1080p" on the info screen.

I guess PS3 doesn't upscale games? Either way, SM3DW looks amazing upscaled, and I played it on a 720p tv I have and it looks much worse.

#30 Edited by Chozofication (2687 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@Chozofication said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Well the reason I thought that is when I hit the info button on my tv, for SM3DW specifically, it says "1080p" so naturally I assume it's native, but I guess the Wii U upscales it. When I check games like Beyond Two Souls it says "720p" on PS3, but some PS3 games say "1080p" on the info screen.

I guess PS3 doesn't upscale games? Either way, SM3DW looks amazing upscaled, and I played it on a 720p tv I have and it looks much worse.

Ps3 can't upscale 720p games, no. Ps3 games have to be certain weird resolutions to be upscaled, unlike 360 or Wii U which can upscale everything. Tv's can upscale as well, so if it wasn't being upscaled by the console your TV would do it. Although probably not as well.

Upscaling doesn't do all that much for quality, more than anything it's just to fit non native content your TV. Your other TV is probably just plain better than your 720p tv, that's why it looks better on it. Good upscaling does good things for games, but it's far from magic.

#31 Edited by RimacBugatti (1174 posts) -

Mostly Driveclub and Uncharted 4.

#32 Posted by dark_rising76 (1172 posts) -

Watch Dogs, Destiny, and The Division. A few other games that recently caught my attention were Titanfall, Dying Light and FIFA 14. Would like to see GTA 5 and a Crysis sequel for next gen.

#33 Edited by fatooosh (688 posts) -

Watch Dogs,,The Division,,d4,,The Evil Within,,Quantum Break

final fantasy 15,,kingdom heart 3,,no man's sky,,Zelda U,,X

Murdered: Soul Suspect,, prey2

#34 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture

Rime

and The Order 1886 are the three that stand out for me so far

...Sorry to be a pedant and a grammar Nazi but title should be you're.

#35 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -

mostly PC games

Broken Age
Armikrog.
Ithaka of the Clouds
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Wasteland 2
Pier Solar HD
The Evil Within

I'm excited to see what comes out of SpyParty.

I also want to get a Wii U for Bayonetta 2.

#36 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -

Why wouldn't it count?

#37 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5483 posts) -

Infamous SS, Witcher 3, Thief, The Order 1886, Destiny, Mass Effect 4, Uncharted 4 & Watch_Dogs are the main ones at this stage.

#38 Posted by sepatunike (17 posts) -

Absolutely,

- New Mass Effect

- Fallout 4

- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

- Final Fantasy XV

#39 Edited by Renegade_Fury (16952 posts) -

Star Citizen and Mighty No.9

#40 Posted by blamix99 (1543 posts) -

FFXV

KH3

MGSV

The Order

The Witcher 3

Uncharted 4

#41 Posted by ConorHat (138 posts) -

It's cool that console gamers will finally be able to play games in 1080p. I'm not into casual gaming though, I prefer competitive online games like Dota 2, StarCraft II, Hearthstone and Counter-Strike GO.

#42 Posted by Parado_xx (80 posts) -

There are a lot of games I'm interested in, but the ones on top for me is probably Destiny, Thief 4, The Witcher 3, Uncharted 4 and the new Mass Effect game. The Evil Within and Dragon Age 3 is definitely worth a mention as well. Oh, and perhaps The Order, although I'd like to see some more before getting too excited. As for games not confirmed yet, I can't wait for Fallout 4.

#43 Posted by holy06 (11 posts) -

I don't have a Next Gen yet I'm thinking about getting one a year later because,

Notice the Playstation 40 GB upgrade to the 80 GB and so on. So maybe there will be some more cooler Playstation 4's .

But what I'm looking forward to is Metal Gear for one going on the 25 anniversary and FFX 15.... It's hard to found games with those type of long history of development and deep story line.

So yeah those would be the ones I would be on the look out for.