Games that you think deserved more attention?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

First thread here, longtime poster in OT, a thought just occured so that's why I'm here.

Anyways, personally I felt Star Wars: Republic Commando should have deserved more attention. It was actually an incredible game with plenty of action sequences and a good backstory despite a very short campaign. The enemy A.I. was a challenge (they weren't extremely hard but you had to think tactically and each enemy had their advantages and disadvantages) and the surprising part was that Republic Commando's friendly A.I. (your squad basically) was... actually smart! Friendly A.I. that's smart! Take that Halo! Multiplayer, however, was pretty lackluster but the strongest aspect of the game was the campaign. I really wished there was a second Republic Commando.

I believe it has gotten good reviews on numerous websites but it's just one of those games that no one really mentions or talks about so I think it should have gotten more attention back then. So what about you guys? Any games that you felt should have gotten more attention?

#2 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

Any open world game with cars and guns that doesn't have the words 'Grand Theft Auto' in the title.

#3 Posted by Yusuke420 (2793 posts) -

Skullgirls, it's barebones when it comes to features, but it's a top tier fighter that deserves way more attention.

#4 Posted by Dexter-010 (531 posts) -
Castle Crashers imo. Haven't see many people playing the game while it's a really funny and proper game to play with friends (online).
#5 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

The Legacy of Kain series and Darksiders are two series I feel should be way larger than they are.

#6 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -
Dude. . . . Its over. The Walkin Dead is GOTY 2012. Its time to let go and move on. Lets not makes things harder than they already are.
#7 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

Dude. . . . Its over. The Walkin Dead is GOTY 2012. Its time to let go and move on. Lets not makes things harder than they already are.Lulekani

?

#8 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Dude. . . . Its over. The Walkin Dead is GOTY 2012. Its time to let go and move on. Lets not makes things harder than they already are.IndianaPwns39

?

heres my rebuttal. "! ! !"
#9 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

Here's a list of games I think got a bad rep for no good reason or games that under played and under rated and deserve tons more sales.

Bourne Conspiracy, Mirror's Edge, Rage, Alice: Madness Returns, Shadows of the Damned, Darksiders 1&2, Darkness 1&2, Condemned 1&2, Kameo: Elements of Power, Vivia Piniata (a great game for what it is), Rayman Origins, Resistance 3, Crackdown 1&2, Ghostbusters, Wet, Afro Samurai, Stranglehold, Bulletstorm, Dante's Inferno, Enslaved and more I forgot. I played over 300 games this gen, and I know many of them should of got much more love.

I won't even bother getting into all the under played Arcade games.

#10 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Dude. . . . Its over. The Walkin Dead is GOTY 2012. Its time to let go and move on. Lets not makes things harder than they already are.Lulekani

?

I'm just confused why you brought that up considering it has nothing to do with anything that's being discussed in this thread :P

#11 Posted by Lulekani (2216 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lulekani"][QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

?

IndianaPwns39

I'm just confused why you brought that up considering it has nothing to do with anything that's being discussed in this thread :P

well, its never stopped me before. Infact at this point I'm kinda commited, but enough about me (beautiful beautiful me !),what video games do you think deserve more attention ?
#12 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

[QUOTE="Lulekani"] heres my rebuttal. "! ! !"Lulekani

well, its never stopped me before. Infact at this point I'm kinda commited, but enough about me (beautiful beautiful me !),what video games do you think deserve more attention ?

Legacy of Kain and Darksiders. They're both well established franchises but for some reason they don't seem as big as they should be.

#13 Posted by Gamertag-TFTW (2232 posts) -

I think Zone of the Enders 2 is underrated. Here's hoping ZOE3 will be up to par.

#14 Posted by funsohng (27648 posts) -
Star Wars Republic Commando was awesome Star Wars Imperial Commando needs to be made
#15 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

Homefront.

#16 Posted by Lucianu (9384 posts) -

Legend of Grimrock, which though it is pretty popular amongst RPG fans, still doesn't get the recognition it deserves amongst the general gamer population.This is not only one of the best RPGs i've played this generation, it also is my personal GOTY.

Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga, again, pretty popular amongst RPG fans, this is one hell of a addictive game. It's what you'd get if you put Diablo in a open-world 3D environment.

#17 Posted by Vickman178 (1035 posts) -

We need a new Jet Grind Radio game and Panzer Dragoon.

The last time we saw either of those games was on the original Xbox in like 2001-2002. Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon Orta were friggin amazing games!

#18 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7400 posts) -

F1 2012

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Forza Horizon

Project Gotham Racing 4

#19 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

NIS's strategy RPGs, namely Disgaea. Look past the light hearted and sometimes ho hum stories, the graphics, and the typical anime character designs, and you have a game with enough depth, customization, and things to do to keep you occupied for well over 300 hours. I've probably clocked in about 200-400 hours in each of the Disgaea games (except 4 which I have not played yet).

Also, Borderlands and the Shin Megami Tensei series. I know they are both pretty popular series and get their fair share of love and shining scores, but I feel like they don't get as much attention or love as some of the other games in the same genre which aren't nearly as good.

#20 Posted by taiwwa (251 posts) -

Definitely agree about star wars commando. It was a blast, and really smooth too.

Let me nominate warhammer space marine.

The SP has some epic architecture, but the multiplayer is really well done. Like, the modes and balance are pretty awesome.

#21 Posted by Shame-usBlackley (18266 posts) -

Republic Commando is a superb game. In fact, I'd rank it right alongside Rogue Squadron, KOTOR, and Battlefront as far as quality goes. I still play it occasionally.

#22 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Spyborgs and Tenchu Shadow Assassins. Love these games.

#23 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -
  • Shadows of the Damned
  • Vanquish
  • Prototype 2
  • Syndicate
#24 Posted by Sali217 (1274 posts) -
Spec Ops: The Line
#25 Posted by MudoSkills (376 posts) -
I'm going to echo everyone saying Shadows of the Damned - not sure why it did so poorly sales wise given the creative force behind it. Well, that and the fact it's a great game.
#26 Posted by Grovilis (3728 posts) -

Spec Ops: The LineSali217
I'll go with this.

#27 Posted by alim298 (1311 posts) -

Operation flash point cold war crisis. It sure deserves a remake and I'm sure its remake could compete with new games256px-Operation_Flashpoint_cover.jpg