Games that caused you MASSIVE frustration

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts

So everyone, what are games that haved caused you massive frustration or are just FUBAR (F***ed Up Beyond All Recognition), most of the frustration of my games came from the N64-PS1 era, where I started to find some challenge, the NES games always kept my satisfied with their short and fun randomness :)

Here's my Top 3:

1. Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories, PS1, where do I begin in this mess of a game, let's see, lose one duel in the game, Game Over, New Deck, duel the same person 500-1000 times for 1 rare card, TIME CONSUMING!!!, no information on what the mystic planets are that provide a bonus in ATK/DEF, fusion system unexplained, UNFAIR A.I., how the heck does the first duelest (not counting Simon Muran, but skipped to Heishein) have 3 Gate Guardians, 3 Zoas, 3 Meteor B. Dragons in his deck, MASSIVE CHEATING!, this game is still on my list to beat after 12 years :( sad right? and how the heck does Konami let this happen?

2. Banjo Tooie, that green dinosaur thing, my God the controls are so bad to fly in this game it's sickening, ON TOP OF THAT your trying to shoot grenade eggs at these little patches you can barely see, just beat it for me please :( I can't do it at all! STILL!

3. Now this is a perfect case of just plain FUBAR and silly, any mission in the Driver games for PS1 that deals with following a car or damaging one is just plain horrible, the controls are good, but once you hit the car you need to hit, it's like a freakin ice rink when your sliding all over the place and eventually you lose the car, I still hear Jones's voice from Driver 2 in my head, saying "You lost him" or "Your losing him!" it's so horrible...good thing I beat these games :)

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

The only time I ever destroyed a controller was playing against onslaught in Marvel vs Capcom. He is so freakin cheap, and after being cheated out of victory for the hundreth time I threw the controller at my TV at full force. Lucky just the controller broke.

Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Borrizee
Member since 2012 • 428 Posts
Demon's soul was a pain in the ass...but I played and played and played...and it was worth it. Same with Zelda on the 8-bit,but I was a kid then.
andmcq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 andmcq
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

Re-Volt on the Dreamcast

Revolver Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid on the PS1.

Didn't damage anything just got so angry I had to turn it off.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

The last game that truly got under my skin was Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis for GBA. The game will not allow you to save inside a castle and there are several battles within in them, leading up to a boss fight. I got through the first several battles and then got killed by the boss. Game Over. No check point, no recent save; a lot of time wasted. That was quite possibly the maddest I've been over a game.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

2. Banjo Tooie, that green dinosaur thing, my God the controls are so bad to fly in this game it's sickening, ON TOP OF THAT your trying to shoot grenade eggs at these little patches you can barely see, just beat it for me please :( I can't do it at all! STILL!

rwallacefan

I'm assuming you're talking about Mr. Patches or whatever his name is.... the boss in the Gruntyworld Theme Park level? I personally found flying easy and had no problem killing him. You could try killing him from the ground though. Just run around and aim your shots. I beat him in my first playthrough without flying. Just make sure to avoid the enemies that spawn on the ground every now and then.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Driver 1 and 2 on the PS1

Driver 3 on the PS2 (Haven't tried 4 yet)

Tony Hawks 1 + 2 on PS1 (So much so that i refuse to buy any of the sequels)

-

There was also a PS1 game that annoyed me so much that i destroyed the disc with a BB gun, but can't remember what that was.

Probably the absolute worst for me was Rollcage 1 on PS1. Really REALLY annoying.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#8 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

The last game that truly got under my skin was Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis for GBA. The game will not allow you to save inside a castle and there are several battles within in them, leading up to a boss fight. I got through the first several battles and then got killed by the boss. Game Over. No check point, no recent save; a lot of time wasted. That was quite possibly the maddest I've been over a game.

Bubble_Man

Never played it but that is a terrible design decision for a handheld! Sounds like it's a real good game otherwise.

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts

[QUOTE="rwallacefan"]

CommanderShiro

I'm assuming you're talking about Mr. Patches or whatever his name is.... the boss in the Gruntyworld Theme Park level? I personally found flying easy and had no problem killing him. You could try killing him from the ground though. Just run around and aim your shots. I beat him in my first playthrough without flying. Just make sure to avoid the enemies that spawn on the ground every now and then.

Yep that's who I was referring to, it was just mad annoying for me, I did not like the flying controls and shooting at the sametime, you must have nerves of steel :P
Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

The classic Tony Hawk games for sure.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Both the coin-op version of Terminator 2 Judgement day. Never could defeat the liquid metal villian T-1000 the end Boss. I never did defeat him. Same for the the home console version of Terminator 2 The Arcade game. Again Wonder Boy 3 Monster lair The coin-op arcade game and The TG-16 Rom game Monster Lair. The final Boss once again I never could beat.

I hate being unable to defeat the final Boss in a game. Sigh....

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Bubble_Man
Oh yeah, I remember those battles. I still loved the game though.
NinjaLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NinjaLegacy
Member since 2012 • 189 Posts

the bosses on wario shake it were freaking me out they seemed hard maybe i'm just getting old.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#14 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Lands of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny

Back in 1997, I quite enjoyed this game, up until I got to a part where I didn't know where I'm supposed to go next. I just kept running around in circles all over the game's different areas trying to figure out where the hell the next destination is... so I eventually just gave up out of sheer frustration. This was the game that more or less turned me off from Western RPGs for a long time... up until Fable for the Xbox revived my interest in the genre many years later.

P.S. I didn't have internet access at home back then, so I didn't know about the existence of GameFAQs until a few years later.

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Hmm, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

League of legends is a rage machine, but I guess thats not legacy.

FFXI I consider legacy but others may not, the whole game no matter where or when, or how your doing it, will cause you to be angry.

Earthbounds final boss, as I had no idea back then you had to use " a skill " to beat him.

FF1 Nes, nothing like getting to tiamat just to have BANE kill everyone round one. Wizards, the blue Wizards w/e they were called, astos, saving up for silver equipment, the regret an anger of ever taking a thief, the regret an anger of not knowing to bare fist on monks, Ice cave, Earth cave, Underwater city, Volcano, Wind castle.... God damn I love that game.

FF2 or 4. The fight with the dolls in the dwarfs castle. I have no idea why it was kicking my ass, but it really was!

Collecting all 108 starts in Suikoden 1 & 2 is a love rage relationship. Get new character YAY! Accidentally go to far in the game an can no longer get a few characters YAY!! Grit teeth an press reset.

An last, but not least Dun dun da!

Cooking mama >.> Ya, you know why.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Ghouls 'n Ghosts or even worse, Ghost and Goblins :x

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
[QUOTE="CommanderShiro"]

[QUOTE="rwallacefan"]

rwallacefan

Yep that's who I was referring to, it was just mad annoying for me, I did not like the flying controls and shooting at the sametime, you must have nerves of steel :P

I thought it was rather easy too ^^ Now Grunty Industries however...I still haven't really beat that without many deaths :P
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CommanderShiro

Yep that's who I was referring to, it was just mad annoying for me, I did not like the flying controls and shooting at the sametime, you must have nerves of steel :Prwallacefan
One thing did give me massive frustration in the game. You race this character called Canary Mary four times during the game. The last time you race her is beyond frustrating and is my only obstacle from 100%. I've given up hope of ever beating her.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

The final boss of Star Ocean: The Second Story is so fvcking cheap. He seems deceptively easy at first because you can pummel the crap out of his first form, but his second form is a nightmare. He moves abnormally quickly around the battlefield, so that you have trouble landing enough hits on him (my characters had speed-enhancing bunny shoes on and he was still too fast), and he's also extremely fast at using magic. Often he'll perform devastating spells that damage the entire party one after the other with hardly a pause in between. And this is at level 100. I can't even imagine how hard he must be at lower levels.

gunslinger024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#20 gunslinger024
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts
Dark Souls, Final Fantasy XI and all the NHL games to date because i just cant stand seeing the Habs lose to Toronto
shogoth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shogoth_
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Gah! Theres a bunch! I found that older games are the hardest. Since its all timing, and the repercussions of losing is having to constantly redo the levels. Whats worse, the only form of saving in these games was entering in the progress codes given to you after beating a level. Old Megaman games and Castlesvania games...those come to my mind as pretty frustrating experiences. And this old Sega game called Altered Beast... god I hated that game..
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. No checkpoints....which I like, though.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I've had my share of moments:

-Double Dragon on the NES, the machine gun guy at the end was a pain in the *** to beat.

-Zelda II, the Great Temple has got to be one of the hardest gaming levels EVER.

-Mega Man X, Sigma's final form was probably THE hardest final boss I've ever beaten.

-I hated the spinning spike tower in the end of God of War.

-In Devil May Cry 3, some of the bosses were extremely difficult.

-F-Zero GX, the story mode missions were insane. I did manage to beat all of them on hard though

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CommanderShiro

bowserjr123

I almost gave up on the game during that moment. Thankfully I got past it. Took way too many tries to get through.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

[QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

CommanderShiro

I almost gave up on the game during that moment. Thankfully I got past it. Took way too many tries to get through.

Yeah I hated that part with a passion. The gameplay overall really wasn't that great and it turned me off from the series. It had great graphics and music though.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
I don't get frustrated the game gets frustrated by me pwning too hard
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

The only game I can think of is Socom US Navy Seals

Some of the later missions were a major pain in the Culo. Also, for some reason the multiplayer used to raise my blood pressure.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Honestly, I never had too many issues with games as a kid. Sure, I'd get stuck on certain parts for a while, but I never really got angry at the game (other than Ice Cave in Pokemon Gold. I was stuck in there for 6 months before I solved it).

The only game that has ever actually frustrated me to the point of throwing controllers and swearing at nothing was very recently, Soul Calibur V. God, I hated Legendary Souls mode.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts
Harry Potter: The Chamber of Secrets earned a broken controller years ago.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Driver 1

Sonic 3 and Knuckles barrel of doom

Fire Emblem games

Any online FPS at one point made me want to break my keyboard. :P

F-Zero GX story mode

FFVII Emerald and Ruby bosses

SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts

[QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

CommanderShiro

I remember that, took me a while to pass that section as well. Funny part is that 4 years after i beat the game I decided to play through it a second time and upon reaching the bladed column I thought: "here we go again" Climbed all the way up after just 2 attempts. XD
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#32 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

goldeneye 007 . back when i was in my teens , omg i never knew what a server was , and the control level had one objective where it said to destry all the main frames , another in the bunker had something to do with boris and at the time i didnt know lol so ya goldeneye was the hardest game ive played 2nd behind perfect dark and the later is due to harder enemies on 00 agent and harder missions ,

but prior to goldeneye , ive always been frustrated with doom , after a certain level id always get stuck in fact on my 360 im stuck on doom 2 i can not find this one key and ive looked on guides looked at youtube videos , and ive still have not found hte way to get it ,

ButaDujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ButaDujo
Member since 2009 • 330 Posts

Boss fights in Jet Force Gemini.

Granted, I was pretty young when we had the game, and for the life of my brother and I, we could not get passed a certain boss....that boss was Lurg.

We never beat the game :roll:

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
Resident evil. I got tired of nemesis popping up all over the place.
Borrizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Borrizee
Member since 2012 • 428 Posts
Resident evil. I got tired of nemesis popping up all over the place.helwa1988
Not in a way you stopped right?
XereoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 XereoWarrior
Member since 2012 • 135 Posts
Don't even remind me of the Driver games. Bad controls are my biggest pet-peeve so naturally the Resident Evil series caused me a lot of frustration too. Killer7 on the GC was another one with horrible controls but I managed to push my way to the end.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

spongebob squarepants the movie video game.....this game was sent by the devil himself

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jag85
Resident evil. I got tired of nemesis popping up all over the place.helwa1988
You mean Resident Evil 3?
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Any Sonic game not named Generations.

Megaman X5 for design decisions that were implemented. wut.

Bomberman. fking Bomberman.

Castlevania (insert any title here besides SotN here)

Megaman Zero 4

Breath of Fire 2

Fire Emblem games

Can't think of too much more atm.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jag85

MLBknights58

For real? What was so frustrating about the Sega Mega Drive games? (Unless you mean the lack of save states or something like that)

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JigglyWiggly_

MLBknights58

scrub thinks holding right and pressing A occassionally is hard

DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
7th Guest, I could not finish black & red othello without cheating. R-Type, I played arcade. It was too hard to finish.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MLBknights58

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

Jag85

For real? What was so frustrating about the Sega Mega Drive games? (Unless you mean the lack of save states or something like that)

I never got around to playing a Sonic game until earlier this year, when I noticed Steam had them for sale.

The camera is downright infuriating. The game is based around high speed platforming, but 3/4 times I find myself going high speed smack into spikes or an enemy that was hidden off screen due to there being so little room to see due to the camera. Because this happened so god damn often, I have to progress through levels at a crawl, and even the platforming imo is shaky. Sonic feels so floaty and slippery I never feel like I'm in true control. Don't even get me started on the bonus stages for Chaos Emeralds. Jesus.

I'm about 20 years late to the party for Sonic complaints, but yep. That's my gripes with em.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MLBknights58

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

JigglyWiggly_

scrub thinks holding right and pressing A occassionally is hard

Cute.

Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

The final boss of Star Ocean: The Second Story is so fvcking cheap. He seems deceptively easy at first because you can pummel the crap out of his first form, but his second form is a nightmare. He moves abnormally quickly around the battlefield, so that you have trouble landing enough hits on him (my characters had speed-enhancing bunny shoes on and he was still too fast), and he's also extremely fast at using magic. Often he'll perform devastating spells that damage the entire party one after the other with hardly a pause in between. And this is at level 100. I can't even imagine how hard he must be at lower levels.

GreySeal9

Indalecio...I will never forget him. Found out much later that he could be taken down easier with the right group with the right skills/gear. He's still beatable without, but ugh...what a nightmare.

The first Castlevania still frustrates me. The hallway before the Grim Reaper was made by a sadist. The NES Ninja Gaidens can be rage inducing, too.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

MLBknights58

I never got around to playing a Sonic game until earlier this year, when I noticed Steam had them for sale.

The camera is downright infuriating. The game is based around high speed platforming, but 3/4 times I find myself going high speed smack into spikes or an enemy that was hidden off screen due to there being so little room to see due to the camera. Because this happened so god damn often, I have to progress through levels at a crawl, and even the platforming imo is shaky. Sonic feels so floaty and slippery I never feel like I'm in true control. Don't even get me started on the bonus stages for Chaos Emeralds. Jesus.

I'm about 20 years late to the party for Sonic complaints, but yep. That's my gripes with em.

this kid is just mad cuz bad

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

MLBknights58

That's what made Sonic unique: the physics. He was like a racing car, in that you couldn't just hit the brakes and expect him to come to a stop immediately. That's just one of the things that made the Sonic games a fun experience. Either way, Sonic has never been known for being a difficult game, so I find your complaints very odd... Unless you were raised on modern games that are almost devoid of challenge, then I can probably understand. Oh well, to each his own, I guess.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

The naval battles in AC 3. So frustrating.