Games most difficult of your collection

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

ONly belonging to your current collection

Metal Arms Glitch in the System (GC) so difficult also in normal setting

Twisted Metal Black (PS2) same as above but really great car combat game

Viewtiful Joe (PS2) i know it will on difficult settings

Siren (PS2) you dare deny this?

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#2 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Jak 2 (PS2) - Has some seriously hard missions here and there, especially on hero mode. Blood Will Tell (PS2) - Can get pretty difficult at times, it's easy to get overwhelmed by enemies and their attacks and can become hard to regain health in time. The Longest Journey (PC) - Some puzzled are just...wow, I admit using a walkthrough in a few, and the ones I did use the walkthrough for, I have no idea how one would figure them out on their own. Castlevania II (NES) - I don't think I need to say WHY it's dfficult, I still enjoy it though. Megaman 3 (NES) - Same as above, in a way. Ninja Gaiden II (NES) - Same as above. Track & Field II (NES) - Seriously, I can't manage to successfully complete any of the sports in this damned game.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Zelda II-just very hard in general, especially the final temple

F-Zero GX-story mode was extremely hard, I did manage to beat all the missions on hard though

Mega Man X-mainly because of Sigma, that battle took me forever

Mega Man 7-mainly because of the final Wily battle, same as above

Super Star Wars-I still haven't gotten past the fourth level yet

Devil May Cry 3-extremely hard boss battles

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

battle Toads (Genesis), Super Ghouls & Ghosts (SNES)

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Kid Chameleon for Sega Genesis. I've had it for close to 20 years now and I still haven't beaten it because I get to the second to last level and always lose all of my lives on it. Also if you accidentally go the wrong way on an earlier level it warps you to this ridiculously hard level.
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

The Longest Journey (PC) - Some puzzled are just...wow, I admit using a walkthrough in a few, and the ones I did use the walkthrough for, I have no idea how one would figure them out on their own.Dudersaper

If you're referring to the puzzle where you have to wake the giant using the symbols and communication devices, then there's no logical solution. And even when you have the correct sequence in front of you, it STILL doesn't make sense!

--

As for difficult games, i constantly have trouble getting anywhere in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

It's silly because i beat it ages ago when i first had it, but this time around i just can't get past the hobbit levels.

Also Daemon Summoner. The second level is impossible. No it's not just hard, it's actually impossible. No walkthroughs of this game exist because no one's ever got past level 2.

And finally King Kong. There's a bit where you're playing as a human and you're chased by a T-Rex into some ruins, and i just can't beat it. Plus it scares the bejesus out of me every time. I don't know if i'm supposed to kill the dino (with sticks) or just keep running away, or what.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#7 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"] The Longest Journey (PC) - Some puzzled are just...wow, I admit using a walkthrough in a few, and the ones I did use the walkthrough for, I have no idea how one would figure them out on their own.BarbaricAvatar

If you're referring to the puzzle where you have to wake the giant using the symbols and communication devices, then there's no logical solution. And even when you have the correct sequence in front of you, it STILL doesn't make sense!

Yes, that's exactly the one, even after looking it up I was like "Okay, so that's it...but how is someone supposed to even figure that out?". There was one or two more I can't remember right now that were similar cases.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

batman games on sega cd. insane!

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="Dudersaper"] The Longest Journey (PC) - Some puzzled are just...wow, I admit using a walkthrough in a few, and the ones I did use the walkthrough for, I have no idea how one would figure them out on their own.BarbaricAvatar

--

As for difficult games, i constantly have trouble getting anywhere in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

It's silly because i beat it ages ago when i first had it, but this time around i just can't get past the hobbit levels.

Also Daemon Summoner. The second level is impossible. No it's not just hard, it's actually impossible. No walkthroughs of this game exist because no one's ever got past level 2.

And finally King Kong. There's a bit where you're playing as a human and you're chased by a T-Rex into some ruins, and i just can't beat it. Plus it scares the bejesus out of me every time. I don't know if i'm supposed to kill the dino (with sticks) or just keep running away, or what.

OH! It's been years, but I LOVE that game! Trying to think, I believe you're supposed to trap it somehow and run away... DANG! Wish I had my Xbox set up but it's in a box (I'm moving).

Have you checked YouTube? Just search "(whatever platform) King Kong T-Rex Level" or the like.

;)

katana_duo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 katana_duo
Member since 2005 • 1751 Posts
Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden come to mind instantly.
SonOfChewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SonOfChewbacca
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts

Ninja Gaiden

Devil May Cry 3

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Resident Evil (Original PS1 version)

F-Zero GX

Zelda II

Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (SMB Deluxe)

Avatar image for slamminjammin69
slamminjammin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slamminjammin69
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

Games in my various console collectiosn that I am having difficulties with

Metroid 2 Gamecube- Saved at the part where I have to fight that Chykka boss. the last form I still have a hard time with where I have to hop from one platform to another to stay in the light bubbles and to try to hit the wings. Just can't do it.

The Simpsons the Videogame PSP - the last stage where it its like Guitar hero or whatever. it goes too fast I cant do it

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

F-Zero GX

Super Mario Bros. 2 (The Lost Levels)

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Megaman 3

Company of Heroes

Comix Zone and Kid Chameleon

TheLoneMortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 TheLoneMortal
Member since 2011 • 135 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 1&2 (NES)

Jak 2

Devil May Cry 3 (Very Hard and DMD)

Xenosaga Ep. 2

Mega Man X8

Several of the NES Mega Man games

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Battle Toads And I still have never beaten Mike Tyson in Punch Out...
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Contra: Hard Corps(Genesis) - I've died so many times playing it.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne(PS2) - Really easy for a battle to go wrong and you can only save at save points, so it can be annoying some times.
The Lone Ranger (NES) - Hits taken lose a lot of health and the 1st person sections are way easy to get lost in.

I can add more later, that's all I can think of for now. Of course there are also various Castlevania, Mega Man, and Ninja Gaiden games that give some trouble.

I wanted to say Battletoads but I don't own that one.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

battletoads (nes)

ninja gaiden II (nes)

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

F-Zero GX.

And yes, I will carry on showing off my e-peen by saying I legitimately beat all chapters on Very Hard mode :P

(Probably the best feeling I've ever had from a video game o___O)

Rogue Squadron 2 can be quite hard, like the missions Razor Rendezvous, Battle of Endor and Strike at the Core. But acceptable

Devil May Cry. First time I've been physicaly unable to get through a game because I just suck so bad at it. It upsets me that I'll never be able to complete this game because I just suck at it

Metal Gear Solid 2 on European Extreme, I managed to do this, (For some reason I can't do VR missions though) one of the toughest games of all time especially the bosses.

After Solidus did the last torture scene on you I lost so much health that I had to fight solidus while I was BLEEDING, but I was just patience and played slowly and steadily and I beat him. Great feeling.

luckykoopsie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 luckykoopsie
Member since 2012 • 345 Posts

ninja gaiden. that final boss is impossible

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Contra: Hard Corps(Genesis) - I've died so many times playing it.
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne(PS2) - Really easy for a battle to go wrong and you can only save at save points, so it can be annoying some times.
The Lone Ranger (NES) - Hits taken lose a lot of health and the 1st person sections are way easy to get lost in.

I can add more later, that's all I can think of for now. Of course there are also various Castlevania, Mega Man, and Ninja Gaiden games that give some trouble.

I wanted to say Battletoads but I don't own that one.

Eikichi-Onizuka

I love the Shin Megami Tensai games but Nocturne was just tedious. Save points were way to far apart and you could lose a battle before you even get a turn if you had the wrong element equipped when a random encounter occurred.

The 8-bit NES Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 were also challenging, but I did beat those when they were new.

When I think of mind-numbingly difficult games I think of classic titles like X-Com. I started playing it again on beginner difficulty before the new one came out and I still got my butt handed to me. Any games that have a linear time progression like that are always challenging because the game progressively gets harder regardless of whether or not you are trying to advance the story. It's not like a FF game where you can just grind to build up your guys if a boss is too tough. In a game like X-Com if you get the point that you can't beat what's being thrown at you then you screwed up somewhere along the line and you are probably doomed.

-Byshop

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#21 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Fatel Frame 1

Devil May Cry 3 (Dante Must Die Mode)

Odin Sphere

Onimusha Dawn of Dreams

zarathustrax7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 zarathustrax7
Member since 2012 • 82 Posts

Vagrant Story on the PSX. Is one of the hardest games I have ever played, insane.

Alundra 1 was kinda hard too, some puzzles are hard as hell.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i will not count nes snes games , as most dont have save functions ,

ill stay with n64 era and beyond for mine

-----and that is easy , goldeneye 007 i dont care how talented of a player you are , even if you make it to the last level-egyptian , you need a guide for the golden gun

unless your really that good its going to take you numorous times of dying to figure out that floor panel that must be stepped on

and that alone makes this my top game , but theres more , you wanna play legitly get the cheats-- -- better be really good i mean it , theres only a few easy timed trials - runway and archives to name a few but , the control , the train , bunker 2 and cradle all are hard as heck on 00 agent,

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Not sure if it's the last mission, but i'm somewhere near the end of Mace Griffin and the difficulty has spiked. Lots of enemies lobbing nade's and mine's, not much health. Survival requires accuracy which with the poor controller sensitivity is blinkin'ard!

And so onto my 9th attempt from this checkpoint... :shock:

Avatar image for slamminjammin69
slamminjammin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 slamminjammin69
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts

Games that are difficult in my game library

Tomb Raider III

Viewtiful Joe for Gamecube - Im up to the point where I fight an evil Joe doppleganger

Alchemist3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 Alchemist3001
Member since 2011 • 120 Posts

Shinobi (2002). I hit a wall once I reached a level in which the player had to essentially wall run and dash between enemies in mid-air thoughout the course of almost the entire stage. If levels of a similar nature existed beyond that point, I never got to see them - I left the game unfinished. :P

That, and Agile Warrior: F-111X, a PSone arcade flight sim. Consider yourself to be doing well, should you survive any of the opening missions long enough to hear the BGM track's second loop start.

Also worth a mention:

• Ninja Gaiden Black
  • Darklight Conflict
  • Contra: Shattered Soldier
  • Mig 29 Soviet Fighter
  • Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
  • Warhawk (1995)
  • Super R-Type
WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

That's a hard one to answer...

Probably Battletoads for the NES and Soul Calibur V for Legendary Souls mode (you need to be a fighting game GOD to beat that mode. It took me 8 straight days of keeping my 360 on and over 30 hours of playtime to beat it).

Also Gargoyles for the Genesis. I never did beat that one.

edgewalker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 edgewalker16
Member since 2005 • 2286 Posts

On the default difficulty setting? Armored Core 3 and the non-SE Devil May Cry 3. (US Normal was Japanese Hard)

TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
Punch Out Seriously if you didn't use a guide and tried to figure out exactly how to beat everything it was rather difficult :P Other than that Ninja Gaiden, I couldn't beat it on Mentor difficulty :P Normal wasn't too horrible though :)