games like god of war?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by preitje (154 posts) -

My boyfriend likes 1 and 2 a lot. But there doesn't seem to be another god of war kind of game in the whole ps2 collection. Or am I wrong?

Oh, by the way, He already saw me playing ico and shadow of the colossus. He didn't like shadow of the colossus at all, but digged Ico.

#2 Posted by Lynx777 (631 posts) -

There is a GoW for the psp.

Your boyfriend hates Shadow?! ...wow... I think its the best ps2 game.

#3 Posted by xmitchconnorx (2649 posts) -
Well you won't find a game identical to God of War but there are plenty of hack and slash games. You can try Devil May Cry or Onimusha.
#4 Posted by preitje (154 posts) -

There is a GoW for the psp.

Your boyfriend hates Shadow?! ...wow... I think its the best ps2 game.

Lynx777

Thanks for the tip. Altough I knew there is a god of war game for the psp, But paying the console + game will cost me a lot of money. (for a relatively short game :p)

He does not hate shadow of the colossus , he just don't like it. (mainly because of killing the beautiful colossi)
I liked the gameplay and the evironment a lot... altough I agree with him at the killing beautiful colossi part.
(I made another forum topic about it)

#5 Posted by preitje (154 posts) -

Well you won't find a game identical to God of War but there are plenty of hack and slash games. You can try Devil May Cry or Onimusha.xmitchconnorx

YEahh, devil may cry. I was thinking about that one. I also heard that part 2 was really bad, but going to get that one anyway, sooner or later.

I already have the latest onimusha. I like the humor in the game. It's just so dryy... :p

#6 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -
Try Prince of Persia. It's less badass, but it's good in its own way.
#7 Posted by equanox214 (127 posts) -

Try Prince of Persia. It's less badass, but it's good in its own way.flipin_jackass

pop is an awesome game that is based around more exploration. part 2 has alot more fighting

might i suggest the maximo series, me and my bro had a fun time wit those games

#8 Posted by ReaperV7 (6756 posts) -

prince of persia

devil may cry

onimusha

genji

#9 Posted by Zathic (2012 posts) -
Devil May Cry is your best bet. If you ever get a PS3 you could try Heavenly Sword.
#10 Posted by wassup432 (1025 posts) -
Devil May Cry and Onimusha are really great titles.
#11 Posted by Rhen_Var (12422 posts) -
More or Less Kingdom Hearts.
#12 Posted by mairajfk (1 posts) -
did you finish SotC?
#13 Posted by anbu-black-ops (2380 posts) -
#14 Posted by RakatKadaver (57 posts) -

Star Wars The Force Unleashed is basically a copy of God of War. It's a decent game, but you have that GoW-thought back in your head, so that makes it kinda lame.

But if he's not a totall dedicated starwars fan, then you should try it out.

#15 Posted by zelda450 (664 posts) -

Rygar: The Legendary Adventure was kinda similar. Here's a gameplay video so you can see what it's like. (Of course, the framerate isn't really as bad as in the video)

#16 Posted by brain3d (176 posts) -

Spartan: total warrior is quite similiar.

#17 Posted by princecaspian38 (636 posts) -

in the ps2 games there are many gow games and even so for psp so you should find some games that are nice i ,ve always liked ps2 and ps3 games like god of war.

#18 Posted by DManSteelerFan (1097 posts) -
I HIGHLY recommend the Prince of Persia games. IMHO, they are WAY better than DMC, easily. Never tried Rygar, thanks for the referral I'll give it a try. But seriously, Prince of Persia is awesome!
#19 Posted by howse_26 (2 posts) -

i know his post is old but i think all the prince of persias are sick if people like god of war then they should try prince of persia two thrones its simalar

#20 Posted by Emurozii (269 posts) -

Rygar!

Most of my friends asked me if I had played it - calling it a really good God of War rip off. It actually came out a few years before God of War which surprised them!

#21 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

Rygar!

Most of my friends asked me if I had played it - calling it a really good God of War rip off. It actually came out a few years before God of War which surprised them!

Emurozii

Yeah, Rygar. That's the one you need to check out. It's not as brutally violent, but nearly everything else is similar. The makers of God of War had to be inspired by that game.