Games i want to play

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by The_Last_Ride (72472 posts) -

So here is a list of games i have been never gotten, but really want to play. It's a random list in a random order.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img441/2850/5goz.jpg[/IMG]

Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption is a game i am really interested in, but i just haven't gotten around playing it. I have seen gameplay and my brother played it a lot. But i haven't gotten around playing it much myself. An open world game with a lot to do and a deep story is something i really want to try out in the future.

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

I have missed two generations of Nintendo, and if there is one series i want to try that was on the Wii, it is this series. The platforming looks amazing and overall game design.

Metroid Series

There is a whole series that has just gone past me of these games, and it is Metroid. I have heard so many great things about these games, but i have never played any single game in the series unfortunately. I hope to remedy this in the future. Don't flame me for not trying these games out.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img585/5200/pzpu.jpg[/IMG]

Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9

I played the early ones on gameboy, but they never really spoke that much to me. The first FFX i got to try on consoles was Final Fantasy X. It just blew my mind and it is my favorite game tied with Mass Effect 2. I never had a PS1, so i never got to try this amazing trio of games, and hopefully i can.

Rayman Legends & Origins

These are some two good looking games and really innovative aswell. I played Rayman on the PS1, but i thought games like Mario and other platformers were better in my opinion. So i didn't play the rest in the series, but i am interested in trying these games again.

Tales of Xillia

A very recent games that got my interest. The reason that i probably didn't get this right away is my huge backlog and that i rarely buy new games. I usually wait until the price has dropped and then play them.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img534/955/obfn.jpg[/IMG]

Chrono Trigger

This is a series that went totally past me for some reason. Surprising even though i am a big fan of the rpg-genre. I have heard there is a lot of choice and a lot of different outcomes for the game. That in itselfs is something that interests me a lot.

Knights Of the Old Republic 1 & 2

This is also a series i totally missed, i managed to get some of the story playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. But there is a lot that was unclear and it's a series i really want to explore.

Super Stardust Delta

It's a game i have heard so many things about. All of them good. Being an indy game, it's also not to costly to pick it up either. It's just i don't have the time for it at the moment.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img94/8007/5r2j.jpg[/IMG]

Geometry Wars

Is another indie game i really want to try out, but i have never gotten around to it. With games like Resogun and Octodad, it's a game i have to try out.

Guacamelee

May be a short game, but i have heard so many good things about it, that it's a game on my wishlist.

Max Payne 3

I played the first two games a lot, and my brother loved those games. I am wondering how this one turned out and i have heard good things of it.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img692/7031/6e7a.jpg[/IMG]

The Last of Us

Well there isn't a whole lot to explain here. I just want to see how good this game actually is.

Heavy Rain

i heard it has a good story and i might pick it up when i have the time for it. It is down on my wishlist, but it is still a game i want to try

Puppeteer

The vibrant colors and the fascinating game mechanics has me in interested. Making this perhaps the best platformer with Rayman Legends this year. It is something i really want to try out.

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img534/7751/ygb7.jpg[/IMG]

F1 2013

I really liked the last years game from Codemasters. With Driveclub being delayed it might be the only racing game i get this year. It's a genre i really like and i really want to get.

Legend of Zelda series

If there is a series i might get criticized for not playing the most it might be this one. It's just a series that has completely avoided me for somet reason. Even though i had a Gameboy, SNES and N64, i never got a single Zelda game. It's something i really want to try out.

#1 Posted by MonsieurX (30474 posts) -

Cool list,blog it?

#2 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

nice list imo

#3 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72472 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Cool list,blog it?

wow... did you read the topic title saying BLOG...?

#4 Edited by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MonsieurX said:

Cool list,blog it?

That doesn't change the fact that blogs should be posted in the blog section reserved for that sort of things. Forums are meant to be for discussion topics. I could post a thread about my favouriute features of the Xbox in the Nintendo thread. It's still in the wrong spot even if I put (Xbox360) in the title.

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72472 posts) -

@Chickan_117 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MonsieurX said:

Cool list,blog it?

That doesn't change the fact that blogs should be posted in the blog section reserved for that sort of things. Forums are meant to be for discussion topics. I could post a thread about my favouriute features of the Xbox in the Nintendo thread. It's still in the wrong spot even if I put (Xbox360) in the title.

i put it in my blog, there is an option to post it on a forum, i though it wanted to try it out. If you don't like the thread just don't click it or even post in it

#6 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

@Chickan_117 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MonsieurX said:

Cool list,blog it?

This is one of the features brought over from Giant Bomb. Any blog or list can also be linked into the forums. So when you see a thread with a title that ends with (BLOG), that is why.

Also, there is discussion value to be had. Be it about the games he's listed, making your own suggestions for him to add to the list, or just adding your own selection of games that you'd like to try but haven't gotten around to. Not every blog should be forum linked, obviously, but I think this one has as much potential as many of the forum threads I've seen since I came back to Gamespot's forums.

#7 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

Ah that makes sense then. I didn't realise blogs could be linked to forums and figured it was just people adding that bracketed bit themselves. My apologies.

@The_Last_Ride - Might be worth noting that not everyone understands the whole blog linking thing. No need to jump down people's throats for posting thoughts regarding it.

On topic that's one helluva list of awesome games! Only one I have left out of those is the LAst of Us which I'm still waiting for a drop in price... and a reduction in my shame pile :)

#8 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72472 posts) -

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@Chickan_117 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MonsieurX said:

Cool list,blog it?

This is one of the features brought over from Giant Bomb. Any blog or list can also be linked into the forums. So when you see a thread with a title that ends with (BLOG), that is why.

Also, there is discussion value to be had. Be it about the games he's listed, making your own suggestions for him to add to the list, or just adding your own selection of games that you'd like to try but haven't gotten around to. Not every blog should be forum linked, obviously, but I think this one has as much potential as many of the forum threads I've seen since I came back to Gamespot's forums.

Thank you :)

#9 Posted by marcheegsr (2843 posts) -

Good selection of games to catch up especially RDR an Heavy rain. Lucky for you there damn cheap now.

#10 Edited by t1striker (1549 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Red Dead Redemption

Imo opinion quite overrated, but it is definately a good game, and the story is pretty good also. Think gta western and you'll get most of what it is like. Though I find it better than gta personally.

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

I've only played the first one, and it was quite fun, and something different, but I also never finished it.

Metroid Series

I've only played the Prime series, and it was very good you should play them. I've heard great things about earlier Metroid games also, and am thinking of trying them myself. I haven't played the newest one, and I've heard bad things about it.

Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9

FFX is my second favorite FF, just behind FFVI(play this one it's fantastic. on psx, and Snes(preferred)). FFVII while overrated is still a very good game, and has a good story aswell. FFVIII I liked, but to tell you the truth I don't remember much about it(might say something about the game), but I do remember enjoying playing it, I remember it had a romantic side to it, but the story wasn't to great imo. FFIX I haven't actually finished(and have been meaning to) I rented it when it around the time it came out, but the second disc wouldn't work, dang it I was enjoying the hell out of it too. I do have it on PSN, but just haven't started it yet.

Rayman Legends & Origins

Can't comment I've never played any Rayman games.

Tales of Xillia

Imo a very good game, with a bigger focus on story compared to previous Tales of. The combat(real-time) is fantastic also, there is also a sequel coming out for it next year.

Chrono Trigger

Heard many great things about it, but haven't played it.

Excellent games(Imo easily better than anything else with the Star Wars name on it). KOTOR 1(Bioware) is excellent and well made, and has good characters and story, with a great twist also. Though KOTOR 2(Obsidian) which I consider the better one had some serious flaws, and bugs when it came out(due to time constraints). So if you get KOTOR 2 I recommend getting it on pc and installing the unofficial patch which resolves most of the problems, and restores some lost content. KOTOR 2 is darker than what you would usually get with Star Wars, and the writing is exceptional(well it is Obsidian).

Super Stardust Delta

Played, and own the original one, and it is fun, but can't say much about this one.

Geometry Wars

Haven't played.

Guacamelee

Haven't Played

Max Payne 3

Have only played the first 2, and since you have also I'll just stop here.

The Last of Us

It's good has excellent production values, but imo ok gameplay, average story, great voice acting, great graphics. All in all its overrated(especially the story) imo, but it is a good one time play.

Heavy Rain

Very much a interactive movie(it's suppose to be), and the story is alright I suppose though it could have been much better. This is one of the few games where quick-time events are actually well done imo.

Puppeteer

Haven't played

F1 2013

Haven't played, think I played one of these on the N64, but could be wrong.

Legend of Zelda series

Many would criticize me for not having played the older metroids, and chrono Trigger(considering my favorite genre is rpg), though I have played every console(non-handheld) Legend of Zelda. The series is fantastic, the ones that I would consider to be the best(well they are all good, besides the CD-I ones) would be: a Link to the past(2d, snes), Ocarina of Time(3d, N64), and Windwaker(3d, GC, and recently remastered on WII-U). of course they are all standout titles, with many considering Majora's mask(3d, N64) to be best. I was a bit disappointed with Skyward Sword though(maybe cause I'm not a fan of motion controls). These are great games you should definitely play them.

#12 Edited by Tqricardinho (341 posts) -

Pokemon Y and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72472 posts) -

@Chickan_117 said:

Ah that makes sense then. I didn't realise blogs could be linked to forums and figured it was just people adding that bracketed bit themselves. My apologies.

@The_Last_Ride - Might be worth noting that not everyone understands the whole blog linking thing. No need to jump down people's throats for posting thoughts regarding it.

On topic that's one helluva list of awesome games! Only one I have left out of those is the LAst of Us which I'm still waiting for a drop in price... and a reduction in my shame pile :)

I wasn't jumping down your throat, i was just stating if you don't like the thread you don't need to comment on it or even care about it :)

That's a list of games i have never tried or i haven't even played. So yeah i got a big job ahead of me, and i got a backlog of 60+ games

#14 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (22911 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: No problem

I had a full post written out, but it was eaten by the new Gamespot. I am sad now. :(

#15 Posted by t1striker (1549 posts) -

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@The_Last_Ride: No problem

I had a full post written out, but it was eaten by the new Gamespot. I am sad now. :(

Yeah I was afraid that was going to happen to mine. Tell you the truth I think I was just lucky, it's happened to me once already on the new gamespot..

#16 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72472 posts) -

@t1striker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Red Dead Redemption

Imo opinion quite overrated, but it is definately a good game, and the story is pretty good also. Think gta western and you'll get most of what it is like. Though I find it better than gta personally.

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

I've only played the first one, and it was quite fun, and something different, but I also never finished it.

Metroid Series

I've only played the Prime series, and it was very good you should play them. I've heard great things about earlier Metroid games also, and am thinking of trying them myself. I haven't played the newest one, and I've heard bad things about it.

Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9

FFX is my second favorite FF, just behind FFVI(play this one it's fantastic. on psx, and Snes(preferred)). FFVII while overrated is still a very good game, and has a good story aswell. FFVIII I liked, but to tell you the truth I don't remember much about it(might say something about the game), but I do remember enjoying playing it, I remember it had a romantic side to it, but the story wasn't to great imo. FFIX I haven't actually finished(and have been meaning to) I rented it when it around the time it came out, but the second disc wouldn't work, dang it I was enjoying the hell out of it too. I do have it on PSN, but just haven't started it yet.

Rayman Legends & Origins

Can't comment I've never played any Rayman games.

Tales of Xillia

Imo a very good game, with a bigger focus on story compared to previous Tales of. The combat(real-time) is fantastic also, there is also a sequel coming out for it next year.

Chrono Trigger

Heard many great things about it, but haven't played it.

Excellent games(Imo easily better than anything else with the Star Wars name on it). KOTOR 1(Bioware) is excellent and well made, and has good characters and story, with a great twist also. Though KOTOR 2(Obsidian) which I consider the better one had some serious flaws, and bugs when it came out(due to time constraints). So if you get KOTOR 2 I recommend getting it on pc and installing the unofficial patch which resolves most of the problems, and restores some lost content. KOTOR 2 is darker than what you would usually get with Star Wars, and the writing is exceptional(well it is Obsidian).

Super Stardust Delta

Played, and own the original one, and it is fun, but can't say much about this one.

Geometry Wars

Haven't played.

Guacamelee

Haven't Played

Max Payne 3

Have only played the first 2, and since you have also I'll just stop here.

The Last of Us

It's good has excellent production values, but imo ok gameplay, average story, great voice acting, great graphics. All in all its overrated(especially the story) imo, but it is a good one time play.

Heavy Rain

Very much a interactive movie(it's suppose to be), and the story is alright I suppose though it could have been much better. This is one of the few games where quick-time events are actually well done imo.

Puppeteer

Haven't played

F1 2013

Haven't played, think I played one of these on the N64, but could be wrong.

Legend of Zelda series

Many would criticize me for not having played the older metroids, and chrono Trigger(considering my favorite genre is rpg), though I have played every console(non-handheld) Legend of Zelda. The series is fantastic, the ones that I would consider to be the best(well they are all good, besides the CD-I ones) would be: a Link to the past(2d, snes), Ocarina of Time(3d, N64), and Windwaker(3d, GC, and recently remastered on WII-U). of course they are all standout titles, with many considering Majora's mask(3d, N64) to be best. I was a bit disappointed with Skyward Sword though(maybe cause I'm not a fan of motion controls). These are great games you should definitely play them.

Thanks for the input :)

#17 Posted by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

From the games in the list I've played:

Red Dead - I'd highly recommend this if you like previous Rockstar games, as a previous poster said, think GTA in the west. It wasn't the masterpiece a lot of people make it out to be, but its still a great experience and has a great story.

FF7, 8 and 9. Played all three last year, 7 has the best story and characters but hasn't aged as well as 8 or 9. 8 is pretty awful all around, the battle system is terrible and has possibly the worst twist of all time occuring mid-way through the game. 9 has aged the best out of the three, and therefore I'd recommend this one the most.

Tales Of Xillia - A great game and great entry point in the series, has a great battle system and set of main characters. Suffers from some pretty big flaws such as pacing problems in the story but I'd still highly recommend this game, and theres also a sequel coming next year.

Chrono Trigger - Just started playing this on the DS and so far I've found it quite dull, only a few hours in I'm currently struggling to see what the fuss is about.

Max Payne 3 - If you like the first 2 you'll also like this one.

Heavy Rain - One of the best story-based experiences this gen IMO. Has a few plot-holes and second playthroughs ruin it a bit but that doesn't detract from a great experience as a whole.

#18 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72472 posts) -

@insanegame377 said:

From the games in the list I've played:

Red Dead - I'd highly recommend this if you like previous Rockstar games, as a previous poster said, think GTA in the west. It wasn't the masterpiece a lot of people make it out to be, but its still a great experience and has a great story.

FF7, 8 and 9. Played all three last year, 7 has the best story and characters but hasn't aged as well as 8 or 9. 8 is pretty awful all around, the battle system is terrible and has possibly the worst twist of all time occuring mid-way through the game. 9 has aged the best out of the three, and therefore I'd recommend this one the most.

Tales Of Xillia - A great game and great entry point in the series, has a great battle system and set of main characters. Suffers from some pretty big flaws such as pacing problems in the story but I'd still highly recommend this game, and theres also a sequel coming next year.

Chrono Trigger - Just started playing this on the DS and so far I've found it quite dull, only a few hours in I'm currently struggling to see what the fuss is about.

Max Payne 3 - If you like the first 2 you'll also like this one.

Heavy Rain - One of the best story-based experiences this gen IMO. Has a few plot-holes and second playthroughs ruin it a bit but that doesn't detract from a great experience as a whole.

Thanks, i kind of know the overal tone of the FF games and i know not many like 8. But i would really like to try it out for myself to judge. I heard that 9 had the most heart of the three, 8 had the most love story and 7 was the overall best game. That's what i got so far