Games for a horrible,HORRIBLE, HORRENDOUSLY bad laptop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InstaDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 InstaDrill
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I know there are probably other topics about this, but I could not find any in the scale for this big pile of wires.

So it's a Lenovo laptop with a weird, wonky resolution. This thing almost runs Fallout 1 with 40 to 50 fps, emulated Ocarina of Time plays with pretty much the same fps. Shadow Warrior Classic Redux lags alot and it's unplayable. Not sure what the fps is. It's my mother's laptop and I'm stuck with it for two to three weeks.

Specs are:
Intel Atom CPU N270 1.60 Ghz
1 GB RAM

Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family

32-bit

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@instadrill: Well hopefully a miracle will happen and your mom gets a newer laptop.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Minesweeper.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

You're going to be looking mostly at 2D, turn based games of point and click adventures. Fortunately, there are quite a few:

Blackwell series
Gemini Rue
Most of the Broken Sword games
The earlier Monkey Island games (actually probably most any of the classic Lucasarts adventures, of which there were many).
Fallout 2 (obviously), although Fallout 1 doesn't run at 40-50 FPS on anything so I'm not sure where you are getting that number from. Fallout 1 is an only DOS-based game with 2D sprite animation. Hell, most of the death animations are like 15 frames -total- and they go so slow you can see each individual frame.

I've also had decent luck with the Telltale Sam and Max games on newer Atom CPU laptops, but I have no idea if they'll play on the laptop you are describing.

Lone Survivor and Home are both horror-themed side scrollers that play ok on lesser machines. Home is fairly short but Lone Survivor is pretty deep.

Other games that look like they -would- run may not. Games that I tried on Atom-based computers that do NOT play well include:

Bastion
Braid
Limbo
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes (turn based 2d strategy game)
The Walking Dead (simple 3d graphics but surprisingly demanding)
FTL
Swapper

-Byshop

chicagog19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 chicagog19
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Quake Live and Enemy Territory. ( Both free) run well on crappy laptop.( Speaking from experience of a person who has a laptop who can't run Counter Strike 1.6 A game that is a decade old)

Also Minesweeper.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

Solitaire?