"Gamers are Choosing PlayStation as the Best Place to Play"

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

Sure is System Wars in this thread.

@mesomorphin chill out man, it's just a video game forum.

#52 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin: I have played almost all of them, and played on lan parties. They were not good imho. It's personal taste. The only big exclusive i like from MS is Forza, but i won't buy a console for 1000 bucks just to be able to play that game. I refuse to do so

did you even understand the story? or the universe? actually better question...do you enjoy fun?

yes i did, and i didn't like it. You can't say that game is more "fun" than others when people have different taste in games

I highly doubt you understood the story haha, what a load of bullshit. Try reading the books to understand it completely.

So now you're calling me a fanboy and stupid?

#53 Posted by Bigboi500 (31638 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Sure is System Wars in this thread.

@mesomorphin chill out man, it's just a video game forum.

Yeah dude, what's with the hostility?

#54 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

I guess he doesn't like my taste, doesn't bother me though :P

#55 Posted by Mesomorphin (879 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin: I have played almost all of them, and played on lan parties. They were not good imho. It's personal taste. The only big exclusive i like from MS is Forza, but i won't buy a console for 1000 bucks just to be able to play that game. I refuse to do so

did you even understand the story? or the universe? actually better question...do you enjoy fun?

yes i did, and i didn't like it. You can't say that game is more "fun" than others when people have different taste in games

I highly doubt you understood the story haha, what a load of bullshit. Try reading the books to understand it completely.

No, I'am simply telling you that unless you read the books I highly doubt you understood Halo 4's under-appreciated brilliant story.

#56 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

No, I'am simply telling you that unless you read the books I highly doubt you understood Halo 4's under-appreciated brilliant story.

i said i didn't play Halo 4. And i have other games to play to be perfectly blunt. I don't plan on buying Halo 4 either

#57 Posted by Mesomorphin (879 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

i said i didn't play Halo 4. And i have other games to play to be perfectly blunt. I don't plan on buying Halo 4 either

Such a shame you missed out :(

#58 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@mesomorphin: I like the Sony exclusives more

#59 Posted by Mesomorphin (879 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin: I like the Sony exclusives more

I like both ;)

#61 Edited by firefox59 (4522 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

not for me, or most gamers. I can still get the game on pc aswell

Xbox One as far as i know has:

Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Peggle 2, Crimson Dragon, LocoCycle, Zoo Tycoon, Max the Curse of Brotherhood and Halo Spartan Assault.

PS4:

DC Universe Online, Warframe, Backlight, Knack, Killzone, Don't Starve, Resogun, Contrast, flow, flower, Sound Shapes, Octodad Dadlies Catch, Outlast, Tiny Brains

as far as i know

I'm not sure if this post has been addressed but lol. You forgot Ryse on Xbox One. Warframe is a timed exclusive and is coming to Xbox One. Contrast or Blacklight aren't exclusives. Flow and flower were on the last gen. None of those 5 count. Also Peggle 2 is a timed exclusive as well I believe. I know comparing exclusives this early is stupid but your list was way off.

#62 Edited by Dannystaples14 (1355 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: Why would I not? They are both games. Why should it be acceptable that a game that cost pennies is crap simply on that term alone? I have played Indie games that were fun, Super Meat Boy is awesome, Super Hexagon was awesome, why is it that most others should be so bad? Because pretty much every other one I've tried (which is a fair few), fell short in one way or another. Normally lack of gameplay and/or any kind of story.

That is WHY I play games, for fun game play and awesome stories, and characters to fall in love with. And that is something that Indies don't have at a pretty much fundamental level. And something that AAA titles all DO have with excess. So why would I choose to play the games that don't deliver my needs as a gamer?

I mean taking that into consideration do you see how sucky it is from my point of view when Sony are sat there saying "We want to promote Indie development on the Playstation Network". It is a horrible thing. I know how over run Steam has become with Indie titles I have no intentions of playing. I know what a plague they are, when one decent game is made there are about seven hundred other titles that suddenly spring up out of the woodwork all based on the same idea, because the games are so cheap and easy to make. If I had no intensions of playing the first one why would the subsequent five titles make me want to play it more?

I'd personally have an online patent system that was free, where when one game comes out that ticks so many boxes until that game has run its course other games can't be released unless it differs adequately from the first. All of these Flappy games coming out, based on an already truly terrible game would all be shot at the gate. Whichever Flappy got there first should have taken over. Then I would have ignored it just like the last one.

#63 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

not for me, or most gamers. I can still get the game on pc aswell

Xbox One as far as i know has:

Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Peggle 2, Crimson Dragon, LocoCycle, Zoo Tycoon, Max the Curse of Brotherhood and Halo Spartan Assault.

PS4:

DC Universe Online, Warframe, Backlight, Knack, Killzone, Don't Starve, Resogun, Contrast, flow, flower, Sound Shapes, Octodad Dadlies Catch, Outlast, Tiny Brains

as far as i know

I'm not sure if this post has been addressed but lol. You forgot Ryse on Xbox One. Warframe is a timed exclusive and is coming to Xbox One. Contrast or Blacklight aren't exclusives. Flow and flower were on the last gen. None of those 5 count. Also Peggle 2 is a timed exclusive as well I believe. I know comparing exclusives this early is stupid but your list was way off.

They are still exclusives to the platform. So Contrast, flow, Blacklight all count. Peggle 2 is still an exclusive and so is Warframe atm. They don't have a relase date on the other consoles. That's why i put them in there

#64 Posted by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

I don't think Titanfall will move as many units as MSFT is expecting. It will sell well with the install base, but I don't see a lot of your run-of-the-mill consumers seeing that game, seeing the $500 price for a X1, and be willing to jump in.

#65 Posted by eosshelt (25 posts) -

Well, this gen is the first one I'm buying a Playstation before an Xbox. That must mean something.

#66 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@Dannystaples14 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Why would I not? They are both games. Why should it be acceptable that a game that cost pennies is crap simply on that term alone? I have played Indie games that were fun, Super Meat Boy is awesome, Super Hexagon was awesome, why is it that most others should be so bad? Because pretty much every other one I've tried (which is a fair few), fell short in one way or another. Normally lack of gameplay and/or any kind of story.

That is WHY I play games, for fun game play and awesome stories, and characters to fall in love with. And that is something that Indies don't have at a pretty much fundamental level. And something that AAA titles all DO have with excess. So why would I choose to play the games that don't deliver my needs as a gamer?

I mean taking that into consideration do you see how sucky it is from my point of view when Sony are sat there saying "We want to promote Indie development on the Playstation Network". It is a horrible thing. I know how over run Steam has become with Indie titles I have no intentions of playing. I know what a plague they are, when one decent game is made there are about seven hundred other titles that suddenly spring up out of the woodwork all based on the same idea, because the games are so cheap and easy to make. If I had no intensions of playing the first one why would the subsequent five titles make me want to play it more?

I'd personally have an online patent system that was free, where when one game comes out that ticks so many boxes until that game has run its course other games can't be released unless it differs adequately from the first. All of these Flappy games coming out, based on an already truly terrible game would all be shot at the gate. Whichever Flappy got there first should have taken over. Then I would have ignored it just like the last one.

Well, if you hate indies the Xbox One is a great choice :). I'm a big fan of indie games like Resogun, Journey, Guacamelee, The Walking Dead, and Don't Starve I'm really looking forward to games like Rime, Child of Light, SOMA, Galak Z and Hohokum.

I agree that most indie games are crap, but I think most retail games are crap as well. Don't get me wrong, there is more good stuff out there than anyone has time to play, but if a person closed their eyes, reached into a bin and pulled out a game, odds are that they would be unhappy.