"Gamers are Choosing PlayStation as the Best Place to Play"

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

According to Sony themselves. They commented on the NPD numbers that were released

Senior Vice President of PlayStation Brand Marketing Guy Longworth mentioned that sales supremacy was achieved despite severe supply constraints, that the company is working hard to address:

Demand for PlayStation 4 remains incredibly strong as it was No. 1 in sales for next gen consoles in January, nearly doubling the nearest next gen competitor, and remains the cumulative leader, according to today’s NPD report. Although PS4 remains severely constrained at retail, we are working hard to refresh supply as quickly as possible.

It’s clear gamers are choosing PlayStation as the best place to play with PS4 software sales ranking No. 1 in January, highlighted by strong sales of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, which sold twice as many units on PS4 than any other platform.

On the other side of the barricade, Xbox Corporate Vice President of Marketing, Strategy and Business Yusuf Mehdi gave his own spin to the numbers via Xbox Wire, focusing on the fact that Xbox consoles sold the most games across all platforms last month:

More importantly, it is gratifying for our team to see Xbox continue to prove it’s the best place to play games. January NPD Group figures released today revealed Xbox* sold the most games across all console platforms in January with 2.27 million units sold, making up 47 percent of software market share. Fans continue to show their excitement for new generation Xbox One games, with U.S. consumers purchasing an average of 2.7 games per console since launch. This amazing success is due in large part to our unrivaled games lineup, first class Xbox Live multiplayer games service and a platform for game developers that offers unique capabilities such as Kinect and Xbox SmartGlass.

Medhi also looks at the near future for Xbox platforms. After all “tomorrow’s another day:”

We’re just getting started. Our team couldn’t be more excited for the upcoming launch of “Titanfall,” which is exclusive to Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. Recently called the “most important game in years,” a “game changer” and “system seller,” “Titanfall” has been heralded for its “spectacular action,” termed a “ridiculously good looking game,” and the “most exciting shooter in years.” For people who haven’t purchased Xbox One, we believe “Titanfall” will be the energizer to launch a new generation of gameplay.

Link

#2 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

When you have to resort to combining the sales of multiple consoles together to spin yourself into a win, it means you are losing. Sony did it last gen after PS3 came out. They had started to brag about all the sales the "Playstation Family" had altogether after every NPD report to cover for the embarrassment of losing to both the Wii and the Xbox 360 on a monthly basis.

It's an admission of defeat, pure and simple.

#3 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

And these numbers don't include Europe

#4 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

… and Japan is about to have it's launch.

#5 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Yup, so Xbox is going to be left in the dust unless they do something big

#6 Posted by Jacanuk (4726 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Cant say that is a surprise, Microsoft is paying for their arrogance and their kick in the face of europeans.

But actually i am not surprised after all its a american company.

#7 Posted by nicecall (428 posts) -

remember when that microsoft lackey basically said FU to all the gamers by saying u had to be online all the time "deal with it". i'm loving this hahah, hope microsoft falls flat on this console gen, i can't stand them anymore. I've been wondering how many millions of people turned their backs on them from all their rude actions towards us up to their launch of the console. They had this whole attitude they were the only ones you could choose, just like they do with their operating system... only difference is people can just as easily pick a ps4 or even a wii u if they want to slum it a bit.

#8 Edited by spike6958 (4828 posts) -

They are doing exactly what Sony did with the PS3, and Nintendo did with the Wii U. They launched a new system off the backs of their most successful one and just assume they can do whatever they want and no one will question it. But it doesn't work that way, Sony became arrogant because of the PS2's success, and for it's first few years the PS3 suffered for it, same with the Wii U, Nintendo assumed that they would get all the casuals who bought the Wii coming back to them, but they've moved onto mobile/tablet and facebook games, they won't buy a console again. Now it's Microsoft's turn, they believe that because the 360 dominated in America that it automatically means they can do what they want with the X1, but that simply not true.

#9 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

@Randolph said:

When you have to resort to combining the sales of multiple consoles together to spin yourself into a win, it means you are losing. Sony did it last gen after PS3 came out. They had started to brag about all the sales the "Playstation Family" had altogether after every NPD report to cover for the embarrassment of losing to both the Wii and the Xbox 360 on a monthly basis.

It's an admission of defeat, pure and simple.

I agree. A blind man could see that this is just pure spin. I wonder how the 360 is impacting the Xbox One in terms of sells. I mean think about it, you can still get the some of the "must have" games on the 360 like, Titan Fall, Destiny, Watch Dogs etc...... What is the incentive to upgrade if you do not have to???

#10 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Cant say that is a surprise, Microsoft is paying for their arrogance and their kick in the face of europeans.

They still haven't given us the apps and features americans have on the 360. So yeah. Gamers don't forget that they tried to screw us over a few month's ago

#11 Posted by dvader654 (44751 posts) -

Playstation has always been the best place to play, and always will be. :)

Thats my Sony fanboy moment of the day. :P

#12 Posted by Areez (6278 posts) -

@dvader654: Woot woot! :)

#13 Posted by edinsftw (4238 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Well its not like its common business practice except for the large corporations. I suppose that in Europe though thats all they really get from America since smaller companies aren't globally producing.

#14 Posted by firefox59 (4403 posts) -

The business talk of the whole thing annoys me. Every time one of them speaks I feel like I'm being lied to, probably because I am. It also creeps me out how every from Sony talks exactly the same, using the same keywords and speech patterns. And now MS is taking a page from Sony and using phrases like "the best place to play games." It's disgusting.

#15 Posted by MirkoS77 (7581 posts) -

@spike6958: Yea, seems that way. Arrogance is a bitch. I'm glad to see MS and Nintendo get what they deserve, but I hope the Xbox brand survives amongst all this talk of investors wanting MS to sell it off. Less competition in the market is lose lose for all of us.

But again, I love seeing arrogance punished.

#16 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

And now MS is taking a page from Sony and using phrases like "the best place to play games." It's disgusting.

The MS spin doctor was directly copying the Sony statement because it came out first. He was just being childish. It was basically "Nuh-uh I am not you, lalalalala I can't hear youuuu!"

#17 Posted by sukraj (23040 posts) -

As much as I like the PS4 I would choose the Xbox One everytime.

#18 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@edinsftw said:

@Jacanuk said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Randolph said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Well its not like its common business practice except for the large corporations. I suppose that in Europe though thats all they really get from America since smaller companies aren't globally producing.

But they are totally forgetting Europe in the process

#19 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

PS4's launch has been impressive. Sony has been able to capitalize on Microsoft's mistakes, but Microsoft has a card to play in Titanfall. If Titanfall turns out to be a hit, then that gap will narrow in 2014. It will be interesting to see what happens.

#20 Posted by Dannystaples14 (967 posts) -

Hmm best place to play? I think they are talking out of their ass. Cheapest place to play? Yeah that is more like it.

Both consoles will play and be great to own. But £100 for a Kinect I don't want is the main problem I'm having right now.

#21 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@stizzal13 said:

PS4's launch has been impressive. Sony has been able to capitalize on Microsoft's mistakes, but Microsoft has a card to play in Titanfall. If Titanfall turns out to be a hit, then that gap will narrow in 2014. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I doubt it, it's still 100 bucks difference

@Dannystaples14 said:

Hmm best place to play? I think they are talking out of their ass. Cheapest place to play? Yeah that is more like it.

Both consoles will play and be great to own. But £100 for a Kinect I don't want is the main problem I'm having right now.

Sony has way more exclusives and exclusive content mate

#22 Posted by Dannystaples14 (967 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: What Killzone? All flash and no substance? Just a generic shooter?

Infamous? Some arrogant prick in a beanie? I hate arrogant people in real life let alone playing them in a video game. Even looking at the trailer I knew I would hate his guts.

Drive Club? Basically a massive multiplayer driving game which is an exclusive? Don't you know how bad a combination that is? Massive multiplayers work on PC because many people tend to play them. On console the population is spread (so far) pretty evenly over both consoles. Meaning the populations are always too low for a proper massively multiplayer.

The Order? Probably just another generic co-op shooter?

Oh well at least you have lots of Indie titles to look forward too! You know the sort of thing where you get an hours worth of content and then just repeat the same thing over and over again.

None of that sounds ground breaking to me.

On Xbox's side, if I had one I'd have to get Halo just on principle. And because I like science fiction. And the shooting in Halo has always been tight.

Quantum Break. Looks intriguing. Not too into the whole video game / TV show combination since I don't watch that much TV overall but it does look like it could be trying something different. Something that isn't just shooting or some other generic crap.

The point is, exclusives these days are few and far between. The only games I'm really looking forward to are multi-platforms. I think the only thing that exclusives do is cut off gamers from potentially awesome games, or force them to pay for two consoles. I mean hey what do Microsoft and Sony care? They get our money. They don't care that they force gamers to pay nearly £1000 just so they can play games they want.

The quicker exclusives die the better we will all be.

#23 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@stizzal13 said:

@Dannystaples14 said:

If Titanfall takes off like Microsoft hopes it does and becomes the next "big" multiplayer FPS, then a $100 dollar difference can shrink in the eye of the consumer. Again, we will see what happens.

On another note, does anyone around here keep an ongoing list of exclusives for each console?

#24 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@stizzal13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@stizzal13 said:

@Dannystaples14 said:

If Titanfall takes off like Microsoft hopes it does and becomes the next "big" multiplayer FPS, then a $100 dollar difference can shrink in the eye of the consumer. Again, we will see what happens.

On another note, does anyone around here keep an ongoing list of exclusives for each console?

not for me, or most gamers. I can still get the game on pc aswell

Xbox One as far as i know has:

Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Peggle 2, Crimson Dragon, LocoCycle, Zoo Tycoon, Max the Curse of Brotherhood and Halo Spartan Assault.

PS4:

DC Universe Online, Warframe, Backlight, Knack, Killzone, Don't Starve, Resogun, Contrast, flow, flower, Sound Shapes, Octodad Dadlies Catch, Outlast, Tiny Brains

as far as i know

#25 Edited by Dannystaples14 (967 posts) -

@stizzal13: Wikipedia has one which I tend to use.

Just google it I'm sure you'll find plenty of others as well, but Wikipedia has everything from Indie titles to AAAs. I can't imagine many other sites will be as comprehensive as the Wiki version.

#26 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@Dannystaples14 said:

@The_Last_Ride: What Killzone? All flash and no substance? Just a generic shooter?

Infamous? Some arrogant prick in a beanie? I hate arrogant people in real life let alone playing them in a video game. Even looking at the trailer I knew I would hate his guts.

Drive Club? Basically a massive multiplayer driving game which is an exclusive? Don't you know how bad a combination that is? Massive multiplayers work on PC because many people tend to play them. On console the population is spread (so far) pretty evenly over both consoles. Meaning the populations are always too low for a proper massively multiplayer.

The Order? Probably just another generic co-op shooter?

Oh well at least you have lots of Indie titles to look forward too! You know the sort of thing where you get an hours worth of content and then just repeat the same thing over and over again.

None of that sounds ground breaking to me.

On Xbox's side, if I had one I'd have to get Halo just on principle. And because I like science fiction. And the shooting in Halo has always been tight.

Quantum Break. Looks intriguing. Not too into the whole video game / TV show combination since I don't watch that much TV overall but it does look like it could be trying something different. Something that isn't just shooting or some other generic crap.

The point is, exclusives these days are few and far between. The only games I'm really looking forward to are multi-platforms. I think the only thing that exclusives do is cut off gamers from potentially awesome games, or force them to pay for two consoles. I mean hey what do Microsoft and Sony care? They get our money. They don't care that they force gamers to pay nearly £1000 just so they can play games they want.

The quicker exclusives die the better we will all be.

Killzone is alright, does X1 have an exclusive shooter atm? Didn't think so.

Have you played inFamous? You're only going to judge it because he's arrogant?

actually it's not, it's a game like Forza where online capabilites make the game more competative, like the Driveatar you know... The Crew on the other hand is an MMO

Actually The Order is singleplayer

And X1 doesn't have indie titles, so that's a bad argument mate. And why are you looking down on indie games? We got Journey, Walking Dead, Hotline Miami, Gone Home, etc. All those are amazing.

So Killzone is no flash and no substance, but you buy a game on principle alone? Where is the logic?

Like Defiance?

No it's not better if they die off...

#27 Posted by Dannystaples14 (967 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: No it doesn't have a shooter because most of us are sick of the sight of them. Shit like COD and Battlefield have basically strangled the entire genre and I barely even look at them any more, without getting nausea. I used to enjoy them but now they are just straight up boring.

I've not played inFamous, and like I said I have a strict hatred for arrogant people. Like seriously can't fucking stand the sight of them. It put me off the game right from the off. If I have no desire to play as the main character, why would I want to play the game? It is like if there was something about me which made me hate the very sight of Master Chief why would I even touch a Halo game?

I mean I saw the Witcher 3 trailer and I actually got goosebumps. That was part due to the surge of memories from the first two games and partly due to the fact Geralt is one of my favourite characters of all time. If I hated Geralt from the start it is unlikely I'd have made it to the second game. And that is a horrible thought to me since Witcher is one of the best series of games I've ever played.

Drive Club is single player? Hmm I thought it sounded a bit unlike Sony to try something different.

So what "Squad based FPS" is really single player with NPCs? No real players? Man that sucks. NPCs as companions started feeling primitive at the start of last gen. It is the reason why Borderlands kind of works no matter how many players you have. Because you can solo when you need to and don't have stupidly designed AI running in your line of fire. Or you play with other humans and actually have a second brain involved.

Because Indie games from what I can see are actually worth less than full scale games. I buy an Indie game for £4 and it normally gives about an hour of slightly week ass gameplay and then that is it. Then you just repeat the same thing over and over again until you are bored which for me is normally another hour. So basically you get 1 or 2 hours for £4, which comes to £2 for an hours game play.

Compare that to GTA V which must be hitting 40-60 hours for me, cost me £40, so that is actually less than £1 per hour. AAA games give more bang for your buck than the average Indie title. And considering that most of the Indie titles out are stupid clones of each other, 90% of them suck at the same time. And you have to spend ages sifting through endless amounts of shit titles before you find a decent one.

Walking Dead is great, Journey looked original and everyone said it was great. If I owned a PS3 I'd definitely have tried that.

Hotline Miami is the EXACT thing I'm talking about here. You are sent into a flat once, and then after that the gameplay is the EXACT same thing over and over again, where the only thing that changes is the building layout and the weapons. I had a load of fun with it until I got bored of doing the same thing for the seven hundredth time.

Defiance looked shit from the start. I don't play games I don't like the look of. What else is there to go on? The trailer? The trailer that has been tailored by the marketing guys to make people buy the game? A game is about story, it is about character, it is about game play. I'm sure the gameplay is great, I don't know that much about the story, and I hate the look of the main character. That is not enough for me to want to run out and buy a PS4 just to play it.

Witcher 3 on the other hand will be pre-installed on my PC the SECOND the pre-install becomes activate on Steam.

#28 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@Dannystaples14 said:

@The_Last_Ride:

Because Indie games from what I can see are actually worth less than full scale games. I buy an Indie game for £4 and it normally gives about an hour of slightly week ass gameplay and then that is it. Then you just repeat the same thing over and over again until you are bored which for me is normally another hour. So basically you get 1 or 2 hours for £4, which comes to £2 for an hours game play.

Compare that to GTA V which must be hitting 40-60 hours for me, cost me £40, so that is actually less than £1 per hour. AAA games give more bang for your buck than the average Indie title. And considering that most of the Indie titles out are stupid clones of each other, 90% of them suck at the same time. And you have to spend ages sifting through endless amounts of shit titles before you find a decent one.

Walking Dead is great, Journey looked original and everyone said it was great. If I owned a PS3 I'd definitely have tried that.

Hotline Miami is the EXACT thing I'm talking about here. You are sent into a flat once, and then after that the gameplay is the EXACT same thing over and over again, where the only thing that changes is the building layout and the weapons. I had a load of fun with it until I got bored of doing the same thing for the seven hundredth time.

Defiance looked shit from the start. I don't play games I don't like the look of. What else is there to go on? The trailer? The trailer that has been tailored by the marketing guys to make people buy the game? A game is about story, it is about character, it is about game play. I'm sure the gameplay is great, I don't know that much about the story, and I hate the look of the main character. That is not enough for me to want to run out and buy a PS4 just to play it.

Witcher 3 on the other hand will be pre-installed on my PC the SECOND the pre-install becomes activate on Steam.

That's the biggest mistake, comparing indie games to GTA V is the most unfair thing you can do mate. GTA V is the most expensive game in history and you compare it to Fez or Dust An Elysian Tale that were made from one dude alone.

Indie games can be awesome and comparing them to the AAA game is totally unfair. There are loads of games that do interesting things and try something new compared to big games like Halo, COD, Madden, FIFA, etc.

#29 Posted by Archangel3371 (15736 posts) -

It's all about what you like better. Personally I prefer the games I can get on Microsoft's systems more then those I can get get on Sony's. I do enjoy and look forward to the Killzones, Uncharteds, Drive Club but the games that I enjoy more are the Halos, Gears of War, Forza, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct. I don't get much out of indie games and really the only one that I've ever cared much for was Minecraft.

#30 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23865 posts) -

lol, after hiding their numbers for the last 3 years it's good to see sony get to say something positive about the npd for a change.

#31 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride Honest to god dude, you have to be one of the biggest Playstation nut's Ive ever stumbled upon. All you ever do is continuously post threads on Gamespot's main gaming section about how much better the playstation is, literally almost every day. Don't you have anything better to do? or is your life solely based on trying to prove something to others, trying to prove how much better that piece of plastic sitting beside your tv is! Truth is no one gives a shit, all your doing is taking up more space on the forum section, your threads aren't going to influence anyone to buy a ps4, whether you like it or not. I honestly can't wait for the next halo to drop, whilst the fans go mad you will be working over time on every forum website trying to convince people not to get it! hahaha, your little keyboard fingers cant do shit.

#32 Posted by huerito323 (1377 posts) -

The best place for me personally is the console that has the games I want to play. PS4 doesn't have a single game that I want at the moment or the near future.

#33 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride Honest to god dude, you have to be one of the biggest Playstation nut's Ive ever stumbled upon. All you ever do is continuously post threads on Gamespot's main gaming section about how much better the playstation is, literally almost every day. Don't you have anything better to do? or is your life solely based on trying to prove something to others, trying to prove how much better that piece of plastic sitting beside your tv is! Truth is no one gives a shit, all your doing is taking up more space on the forum section, your threads aren't going to influence anyone to buy a ps4, whether you like it or not. I honestly can't wait for the next halo to drop, whilst the fans go mad you will be working over time on every forum website trying to convince people not to get it! hahaha, your little keyboard fingers cant do shit.

Jesus dude, i am only stating my opinion. He or anyone else can buy whatever they want on any platform they want. I just think atm, that PS4 will be the best console in the future. Stop being so rude. I have not said to anyone that they should buy any console. Just ignore my comments or threads if you don't like them... People seem to comment on them or not. That's up to them. Gaming as a whole would be bad if MS would be doing bad, same goes to Nintendo. We need competition, all i am stating is my opnion mate. Last time i checked that is still allowed and if i come off as i want to convert everyone to PS4 than that is wrong. I just think it is the better choice this generation

#35 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

Jesus dude, i am only stating my opinion. He or anyone else can buy whatever they want on any platform they want. I just think atm, that PS4 will be the best console in the future. Stop being so rude. I have not said to anyone that they should buy any console. Just ignore my comments or threads if you don't like them... People seem to comment on them or not. That's up to them. Gaming as a whole would be bad if MS would be doing bad, same goes to Nintendo. We need competition, all i am stating is my opnion mate. Last time i checked that is still allowed and if i come off as i want to convert everyone to PS4 than that is wrong. I just think it is the better choice this generation

But mate all your crap on about is "how much better the ps4 is" if the competition is so weak, then why the fuck do you continuously try to prove how much better the ps4 is? do you feel self conscious about it or something? Stop crapping on xbox games, that god knows are going to be great and focus on what you like and stop trying to compete with everything. I'am sick of biased fanboys, including yourself. Make a thread about something else for once, fuck!

I am posting articles that are either quotes from sources themselves or they are facts. I am not crapping on Xbox One at all, it's doing that by itself. It will gain gamers if they release good games and don't screw over gamers. They haven't done that for quite a while. I have a 360, and a 3DS aswell. I am not a fanboy mate. You need to be more respectful though, because i haven't called you anything. I am just debating games/consoles, you're the one throwing a fit here

#36 Posted by S0lidSnake (29001 posts) -

I like how you can sell 280k consoles and then brag about the sales. They have released no exclusives since launch and no major third party games. Best place to play what?

It's a good thing they cant keep up with the demand because when people actually buy this thing and realize it has nothing but mediocre shooters they are going to get bored and wonder what the fuss was all about.

#37 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

But mate all your crap on about is "how much better the ps4 is" if the competition is so weak, then why the fuck do you continuously try to prove how much better the ps4 is? do you feel self conscious about it or something? Stop crapping on xbox games, that god knows are going to be great and focus on what you like and stop trying to compete with everything. I'am sick of biased fanboys, including yourself. Make a thread about something else for once, fuck!

I am posting articles that are either quotes from sources themselves or they are facts. I am not crapping on Xbox One at all, it's doing that by itself. It will gain gamers if they release good games and don't screw over gamers. They haven't done that for quite a while. I have a 360, and a 3DS aswell. I am not a fanboy mate. You need to be more respectful though, because i haven't called you anything. I am just debating games/consoles, you're the one throwing a fit here

The xbox hasnt released any good games in while you say? AHAHAHAH! mate you must have one sour taste if you disliked dead rising 3, forza 5 and Halo 4.....actually that cant be it, its simple you're a fanboy, and I will be sure to make mention of that again...and...again every-time you get down on your knees to Sony. Cant wait to see your spastic fit on the forums when the next halo arrives, it will be hilarious wont it drone? ;)

#38 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

The xbox hasnt released any good games in while you say? AHAHAHAH! mate you must have one sour taste if you disliked dead rising 3, forza 5 and Halo 4.....actually that cant be it, its simple you're a fanboy, and I will be sure to make mention of that again...and...again every-time you get down on your knees to Sony. Cant wait to see your spastic fit on the forums when the next halo arrives, it will be hilarious wont it drone? ;)

I meant to say with the 360. 2013 had two exclusives one the 360. State of Decay and Gears of War Judgment. The year before there wasn't much either. They released games for Xbox One because they need games when it is released. What i am saying is, there are far fewer exclusives compared to Nintendo and Sony. Dead Rising and Forza 5 might be good games, that's not up to me to judge, because i haven't played them. I loved Forza 3, 4 and Horizon though. Halo 5 can sell all it wants, that doesn't change the fact that MS is missing games in the exclusive department atm and have missed games since 2011

#39 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

I meant to say with the 360. 2013 had two exclusives one the 360. State of Decay and Gears of War Judgment. The year before there wasn't much either. They released games for Xbox One because they need games when it is released. What i am saying is, there are far fewer exclusives compared to Nintendo and Sony. Dead Rising and Forza 5 might be good games, that's not up to me to judge, because i haven't played them. I loved Forza 3, 4 and Horizon though. Halo 5 can sell all it wants, that doesn't change the fact that MS is missing games in the exclusive department atm and have missed games since 2011

and yet the only memorable sony exclusive from last year was last of us.....guess those others aren't doing too great.

#40 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

@sukraj said:

As much as I like the PS4 I would choose the Xbox One everytime.

Good for you. So many gamers tend to forget that gaming isn't about sales figures and share holders, it's all about personal preference.

Some of my favorite games and systems were never market leaders or particularly popular.

#41 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

and yet the only memorable sony exclusive from last year was last of us.....guess those others aren't doing too great.

Which is the game that got most GOTY awards ever? Puppeteer, Rain, GT 6, MLB The Show 13, Hotline Miami, Ni No Kuni, Brothers: Tale of two sons, Guacamelee, Dragons Crown, God of War Ascension, Tales of Xillia and more were on the PS3 aswell. All of them have high metacritic scores. When a company does something like that, it gives them choice and great games to choose from. See my point? Microsoft did this with the 360 aswell before they scrapped the indie program and decided to only go with a few titles like Gears, Fable, Forza and Halo. Variety is good, not bad

#42 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

Which is the game that got most GOTY awards ever? Puppeteer, Rain, GT 6, MLB The Show 13, Hotline Miami, Ni No Kuni, Brothers: Tale of two sons, Guacamelee, Dragons Crown, God of War Ascension, Tales of Xillia and more were on the PS3 aswell. All of them have high metacritic scores. When a company does something like that, it gives them choice and great games to choose from. See my point? Microsoft did this with the 360 aswell before they scrapped the indie program and decided to only go with a few titles like Gears, Fable, Forza and Halo. Variety is good, not bad

Brothers: a tale of two sons was an xbox exclusive long before it found its way on the PS. And i dont care for most of the games you've mentioned, last of us was decent but not great. Variety is good I agree, so why dont you apply that in your forum topics? hmmm?

#43 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

Brothers: a tale of two sons was an xbox exclusive long before it found its way on the PS. And i dont care for most of the games you've mentioned, last of us was decent but not great. Variety is good I agree, so why dont you apply that in your forum topics? hmmm?

uhm i do, not all of my topic get comments you know.

And yeah, that was my mistake with Brothers, but you get my point.

The Last of Us got a lot of awards for a reason. Skyrim had the last official record. As far as you not caring for those games, that's fine. But don't rage just because i don't like Titanfall or Halo. Because i just don't like those games wether or not they are exclusives or not.

#44 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

Disagree. Ni No Kuni was a fantastic JRPG that received a lot of critical acclaim, and then there's Puppeteer which did the same.

#45 Posted by CarnageHeart (18316 posts) -

@S0lidSnake said:

I like how you can sell 280k consoles and then brag about the sales. They have released no exclusives since launch and no major third party games. Best place to play what?

It's a good thing they cant keep up with the demand because when people actually buy this thing and realize it has nothing but mediocre shooters they are going to get bored and wonder what the fuss was all about.

First of all, its nonsensical to whine about the fact that a company hasn't released an exclusive in the three months since their console launched (because games are pushed to make launch, post-launch dry spells are damn near an inevitability).

Second of all, while exclusives are wonderful things, but the reality is a lot of people's favorite games are multiplatform games. Being the most powerful, best supported and the cheapest system makes the PS4 attractive for such gamers. Not being exclusive doesn't make say, Outlast, Don't Starve or Tomb Raider any less enjoyable for normal gamers.

On a related not, being the most powerful, easiest to develop for, cheapest and bestselling system makes the PS4 attractive to developers.

If you think that will change anytime soon, I'll take that bet. Sony is blessed by opposition who have hobbled their systems with expensive peripherals nobody cares about, made their systems hard to program for and chased off developers interested in supporting them with a stick.

#46 Edited by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -
@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

uhm i do, not all of my topic get comments you know.

And yeah, that was my mistake with Brothers, but you get my point.

The Last of Us got a lot of awards for a reason. Skyrim had the last official record. As far as you not caring for those games, that's fine. But don't rage just because i don't like Titanfall or Halo. Because i just don't like those games wether or not they are exclusives or not.

Such a dear...dear shame, you miss out on the epicness of what is halo ,and the lan parties and the epic storyline and the universe... such a shame

#47 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@mesomorphin: I have played almost all of them, and played on lan parties. They were not good imho. It's personal taste. The only big exclusive i like from MS is Forza, but i won't buy a console for 1000 bucks just to be able to play that game. I refuse to do so

#48 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin: I have played almost all of them, and played on lan parties. They were not good imho. It's personal taste. The only big exclusive i like from MS is Forza, but i won't buy a console for 1000 bucks just to be able to play that game. I refuse to do so

did you even understand the story? or the universe? actually better question...do you enjoy fun?

#49 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72281 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

did you even understand the story? or the universe? actually better question...do you enjoy fun?

yes i did, and i didn't like it. You can't say that game is more "fun" than others when people have different taste in games

#50 Edited by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@mesomorphin said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

yes i did, and i didn't like it. You can't say that game is more "fun" than others when people have different taste in games

I highly doubt you understood the story haha, what a load of bullshit. Try reading the books to understand it completely.