Gameboy game Will Not Save, HELP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by guyguyguy1234 (968 posts) -
I bought super mario world 3 wario land (cuz it was on sale at gamestop) and it will not save! If i turn it off then on really fast my file will still be there. But after 3 seconds its gone again. ive tried to clean it but it wont work! any advice?
#2 Posted by dragonfly110 (27076 posts) -
Yeah the same thing happened when I just bought my pokemon blue. If a gameboy game is used for very long extended amounts of time, the hardware on it will clear and not be able to save (this time is diff. with different games) So the person who had it befor you probably used it for a loooong time and the hardware cleared.
#3 Posted by ModernTimes (1029 posts) -
I believe it's the battery in the game. I would get a new copy from GS or you can attempt to replace the battery by yourself. Just google it.
#4 Posted by Boston249 (15 posts) -
Yep, ModernTimes hit the nail on the head. Ninety percent of the time when a cartrige game will not save it's because the battery is dead.
#5 Posted by Videogamefan123 (941 posts) -
Yeah the batteries probably dead but i've seen places that sell replacment batteries. Also you buy the speacil tool needed to open a nintendo cartridge
#6 Posted by Flame_Blade88 (39348 posts) -
Like everyone said, it's the internal battery in the cartridge. Needs to be replaced.
#7 Posted by preitje (154 posts) -

That's because you have a fake one. Look in the cartridge. Look above the golden plates. If it's a real one you see the nintendo letters with a number. (hold the cartridge in the light if you don't see clearly) If it isn't there, than it's a illegal, fake one.
another tip is a two numbered punched code in the front of the cartridge. (hold it in the light again) If it isn't there, than it's also fake. The market of fake gba games is huge.

#8 Posted by dd99 (2095 posts) -

That's because you have a fake one. Look in the cartridge. Look above the golden plates. If it's a real one you see the nintendo letters with a number. (hold the cartridge in the light if you don't see clearly) If it isn't there, than it's a illegal, fake one.
another tip is a two numbered punched code in the front of the cartridge. (hold it in the light again) If it isn't there, than it's also fake. The market of fake gba games is huge.

preitje

He is talking about a gameboy game, not gameboy advanced. It's definatly the battery though.

#9 Posted by G-Man88 (941 posts) -

the game's battery is dead, either return the game or change the battery

happend to me with pokémon trading card game

#10 Posted by xAcidicFantasyx (239 posts) -
Maybe the battery inside the cartridge needs to be changed.
#11 Posted by preitje (154 posts) -

oh yes...super mario world 3... :p hihi...
but I also think that would make it a fake gameboy game... they excist as well. (especially the most wanted ones as mario)

Or it's just a lame battery.